PDA

View Full Version : Braves = NL East Champs

HotelWhiteSox
09-27-2005, 10:11 PM
They had actually already clinched before their game ended since the Phils loss, but they won their game to top it off, and the champagne is in the clubhouse.

14 straight division titles, amazing, props!

itsnotrequired
09-27-2005, 10:15 PM
They had actually already clinched before their game ended since the Phils loss, but they won their game to top it off, and the champagne is in the clubhouse.

14 straight division titles, amazing, props!

Wow, 14 in a row. Hell of a streak they got going there.

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Braves/White Sox World Series, here we come!

Lip Man 1
09-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Perhaps in this era of free agency and revenue sharing the greatest performance ever pulled off by an organization, even the Yankees.

Lip

HotelWhiteSox
09-27-2005, 10:40 PM
hee hee
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/GAJB10609280253.jpg

Chips
09-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Hats off to Bobby Cox, the best active manager in baseball.

Here's to the Braves:gulp:

Jjav829
09-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Congrats to the Braves. But can they finally manage to win another World Series? The division championship streak is amazing, but if you only cash in on that once, you've underachieved. I just can't see them going all the way. They're going to have to go through Houston and St. Louis, probably the two best teams in baseball, to get to the World Series.

I think this team would have hit my 100-win prediction if healthy. It's pretty amazing that they took this division with Mike Hampton, Chipper Jones and John Thomson all missing significant time, plus all the smaller injuries they had. You have to envy the young talent they have.

FarWestChicago
09-27-2005, 11:09 PM
They're going to have to go through Houston and St. Louis, probably the two best teams in baseball, to get to the World Series.:?: The NL blows. How do you know how good either of those teams are? You're comparing them to crap.

Jjav829
09-27-2005, 11:17 PM
:?: The NL blows. How do you know how good either of those teams are? You're comparing them to crap.

I'm going based on personnel, which is about the only thing I can go off of. The Cardinals team is probably the best all-around team in baseball. They have great starting pitching, led by the likely NL Cy Young winner. They have a very good bullpen. Their offense is still one of the best in baseball and they will make all the plays defensively. What team do you see stopping them? The Padres certainly won't. The Astros have a shot, and I think they could possibly be the second best team simply because of Clemens, Pettitte and Oswalt. And if the Braves manage to beat the Astros, I can't see them beating the Cardinals either. And what AL team is better than the Cardinals? There is no AL team with the talent the Cardinals have. Of course that doesn't mean the Cardinals are a lock to win anything, but certainly they have to be considered the favorite at this point.

RKMeibalane
09-27-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm going based on personnel, which is about the only thing I can go off of. The Cardinals team is probably the best all-around team in baseball. They have great starting pitching, led by the likely NL Cy Young winner. They have a very good bullpen. Their offense is still one of the best in baseball and they will make all the plays defensively. What team do you see stopping them? The Padres certainly won't. The Astros have a shot, and I think they could possibly be the second best team simply because of Clemens, Pettitte and Oswalt. And if the Braves manage to beat the Astros, I can't see them beating the Cardinals either. And what AL team is better than the Cardinals? There is no AL team with the talent the Cardinals have. Of course that doesn't mean the Cardinals are a lock to win anything, but certainly they have to be considered the favorite at this point.

Also take into account that the Cards have been without their starting third baseman for most of the season. One player doesn't necessarily make that much of a difference, but if Rolen had been healthy, the Cardinals might have clinched a long time ago.

A_ROW33
09-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Oh great I get to have the tomahawk chop stuck in my head all october for the 14th year in a row:(:

FarWestChicago
09-27-2005, 11:50 PM
And what AL team is better than the Cardinals? There is no AL team with the talent the Cardinals have. Of course that doesn't mean the Cardinals are a lock to win anything, but certainly they have to be considered the favorite at this point.It doesn't matter. See A's vs. horrible Dodgers, A's vs. lowly Reds, Cards vs. lame Wrong Sox. All LaRussa losses. He's got a reverse Midas touch.

They are a favorite to get ass handed in the Series again. :redneck

DSpivack
09-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Cards are my 2nd fave team, but if the Sox make the series, I would wish it be against the Braves...going to see my team in the series, drooling...

Procol Harum
09-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Braves got it all goin' on. Kenny and Jerry oughta jump on a plane for Atlanta and do an intensive off-season study of everything the Braves have done over the last 17-18 years to get to and--most importantly--stay at this level, from the farm system to free agency, from the ushers to the board of directors. Man, could you imagine winning even 4 or 5 division titles in a row on the South Side?

greenpeach
09-28-2005, 10:23 PM
It doesn't matter. See A's vs. horrible Dodgers, A's vs. lowly Reds, Cards vs. lame Wrong Sox. All LaRussa losses. He's got a reverse Midas touch.

They are a favorite to get ass handed in the Series again. :redneck

How about the Sox vs. the Orioles circa 1983 ?

soxfan26
09-28-2005, 10:43 PM
How about the Sox vs. the Orioles circa 1983 ?

The Sox were in the World Series in 1983? What else did I miss during my nap? :rolleyes:

OEO Magglio
09-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Congrats to the Braves. 14 Division titles in a row seems impossible, hell winning 1 is hard enough.

Chips
09-28-2005, 11:13 PM
14 in a row is great. I'd like to do it agian next year and finally have consecutive playoff appearances for the first time ever.

Foulke You
09-29-2005, 01:57 AM
What team do you see stopping them?
Whichever team wins the AL will stop them. Bank on it.