PDA

View Full Version : The Brushback: Ozzie now considered insane

Jjav829
09-27-2005, 03:05 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao:

For those that are unfamilar with Thebrushback.com, it is a satirical sports site much like The Onion. In their last issue they had a very good "story" on Ozzie's attitude. While everything in there is made up, the story makes a good point about how managers are always the first to be blamed when things go wrong.

One excerpt from the article:

Guillen receives hundreds of emails a day from irate fans. Earlier in the year he received a similar amount of emails, though they were sharply different in tone.

“Look, here’s one from earlier in the year,” Guillen said, reading from a stack of emails. “It says 'Ozzie, great job. You are kicking ass. Make sure you get in their faces and stay there. You’re just what the doctor ordered for this moribund group!’ OK, so that was one from May. Now here’s one I got last night. ‘Guillen, what are you doing? You’re ruining the team, you crazy ****! Calm down, or check yourself into a mental institution! This is baseball, not the WWE!’ So you can see the contrast. They're both from the same person, too —our general manager, Kenny Williams.”

Must read. (http://www.thebrushback.com/ozzieguillen_full.htm)

Uncle_Patrick
09-27-2005, 03:47 PM
I liked this quote, attributed to Mike North:

Sure, I was calling him fiery earlier in the year, but only winners can be fiery. Once you start losing, you’re insane.

Soxzilla
09-27-2005, 04:13 PM
:rolling::rolling::rolling:

I'm not entirely sure those e-mails from KW are fake!

Thanks JJAV.