PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ - About Email Addresses

FarWestChicago
12-06-2001, 12:15 PM
Many of you are changing your email addresses because of the demise of @home. That is fine. However, you will need to reactivate your account after the change. A link will be sent to the new address. Just click on it and you are set to go. If you don't reactivate, you won't be able to do much of anything. If you have any problems, email me.

Also, new hotmail accounts are no longer being accepted. Hotmail blocks the WSI Newsletter. If you are currently on a hotmail account your registration is still valid, but you won't get the WSI Newsletters. We recommend you change to a real email address. :smile:

RedPinStripes
12-06-2001, 12:22 PM
Hotmail sucks anyway. I try to use it strictly so I can use msn messenger .

Nellie_Fox
12-06-2001, 01:51 PM
I was in the process of dumping my hotmail address anyway. Tired of thousands of spams. I'm all updated now.

kermittheefrog
12-06-2001, 04:23 PM
I don't use hotmail but why do they block the WSI newsletter?

FarWestChicago
12-06-2001, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I don't use hotmail but why do they block the WSI newsletter? I'm not 100% sure. I think it has to do with information in the header from this server.

rmusacch
12-06-2001, 11:04 PM
I use hotmail and I got the first WSI Newsletter. Have there been others?

FarWestChicago
12-06-2001, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
I use hotmail and I got the first WSI Newsletter. Have there been others? Really? Everybody else said they didn't. Interesting.

rmusacch
12-06-2001, 11:08 PM
Also, I use hotmail because I have DSL at home at it was taking 2-3 hours to get posts from a mailing list I was on and plus I could not send email from my DSL account at work.

doublem23
12-06-2001, 11:09 PM

What? I use Hotmail, and I didn't, but I changed my "WSI recognized email address to Yahoo!," so I'm hopin' it all turns out well...

FarWestChicago
12-06-2001, 11:17 PM
Also, I use hotmail because I have DSL at home at it was taking 2-3 hours to get posts from a mailing list I was on and plus I could not send email from my DSL account at work. I got DSL on Monday. I am very happy. :smile:

mrwag
12-07-2001, 05:17 PM
Try using mail.com. I rarely get spammed, and you don't have to obey "Bill" to use it!

Dadawg_77
12-08-2001, 02:19 PM

Whats your junk mail level set at? Maybe that could be it. if somce has their junk mail level set high the WSI may not get through it and you can set it so it will automatically delete junk mail, thus why people wouldn't get it.

Dadawg_77
12-09-2001, 07:09 PM
FYI: I got the newsletter at my hotmail account.

ma-gaga
12-09-2001, 09:39 PM
I got the newsletter at my hotmail account too. Give WSI my 'real' email account? heh. Maybe.

I need to crank up the filters. I get a bunch of crap from VXASDFWER@msn.com. fricking spammers... Hate spam.

:)

DaveGusinSeattle
12-09-2001, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

Whats your junk mail level set at? Maybe that could be it. if somce has their junk mail level set high the WSI may not get through it and you can set it so it will automatically delete junk mail, thus why people wouldn't get it.

Yep, Hotmail filters some junk and you have to tell Hotmail WSI is listmail by saying you are subscribed to the list. However, some spam still gets through, even X stuff.... :o: I just use it for Messinger and Internet job postings... :)