PDA

View Full Version : Auditions now open for White Sox podcast announcer

cheeses_h_rice
09-27-2005, 03:32 PM
This isn't spam -- I read about this today on Gaper's Block (http://www.gapersblock.com) and I have no personal interest in promoting this. Anyway, there is apparently a "Cubscast" already being done, where you can announce Cubs games on a podcast, and now they're expanding that to the White Sox as well as other Chicago sports teams.

Auditions are now being accepted (http://chicagosportscasts.com/teams/whitesox.php).

If it paid enough, I'd consider doing it. My 3 years of Notre Dame radio experience makes me well qualified, I think.

Hangar18
09-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Interesting ...........

kevingrt
09-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Hopefully some good, quality White Sox fan gets the jpb... could be a cool little thing.

JUribe1989
09-27-2005, 06:08 PM
What exactly is a podcast? I wish I wasn't so young, my dream job is to be an announcer.

patbooyah
09-27-2005, 06:39 PM
What exactly is a podcast? I wish I wasn't so young, my dream job is to be an announcer.

a podcast is basically a brief(usually about an hour) show that is recorded to mp3 format and available for download from a site. it is a podcast because you can play it on your ipod, at your desire.

itsnotrequired
09-27-2005, 06:44 PM
a podcast is basically a brief(usually about an hour) show that is recorded to mp3 format and available for download from a site. it is a podcast because you can play it on your ipod, at your desire.

This is more or less correct except that most podcasts allow for "automatic updating" simply by logging on to a website or pluging in your player. Your player will download the latest show and delete the old one. Or, you can set it up so that it fetches the lastest show but still keeps the old one.

Roof Shot
01-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Don't know if this has been already posted elsewhere but it looks like the Soxcast has started recently. I have not listened yet, lets hear your reviews.

h00sierjoe
01-13-2006, 12:40 AM
I have yet to listen, but now that I have an iPod I'll have to look into this.

DachnoPiitu
02-04-2006, 12:59 AM
HEY SOX FANATICS

If you haven't checked it out yet:

soxcast.com

They are currently doing a top 5 plays of 2005.

They are mp3 files. So anyone who has a MP3 player (like WinAMP) can listen to them. You DO NOT need to have an iPOD.

In between the commentary there are classic 2005 moments replayed.:cool:

GO WHITE SOX in '06! :gulp:

ode to veeck
02-04-2006, 09:35 AM
RPS and Guido! Are you guys there! what an opportuity for Sox-N-Roll!!

bayzbol44
02-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Where does it say they are hiring?

bayzbol44
02-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Sorry, sorry, sorry, I didn't realize this thread started a while back. I have subscribed to it, I will see how it is.

itsnotrequired
02-04-2006, 02:29 PM
I've listened to all the episodes so far and find it enjoyable. Hey, its dedicated Sox talk!:cool:

The only problem is that it isn't updated too often. The initial show says they are looking to do around two episodes a week but it was a week and a half between the latest updates. This will probably pick up as the season moves forward.

I've also been listening to the MLB Radio daily podcast. This is a true daily show and episodes range from 15 minutes up to an hour. Interviews with past/present players, general managers, beat writers, etc. Pretty cool. If you have an iPod, you can get it through iTunes (for free) or just download them from the site.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/radio/mlb_radio_index.jsp

SOXintheBURGH
02-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Listened to an episode just now, and I think its pretty sweet. Guy is by himself but he is discussing Sox. Knows what he's talking about at least.