PDA

View Full Version : Boers & Bernstein bash dark clouds!

kittle42
09-27-2005, 03:08 PM
It took all of one minute into the show for B&B to say what many around here have been saying...Sox fans who say "we're going all the way" after every win but then say "we're not making the playoffs" after every loss are "stupid."

Amen.

DaveIsHere
09-27-2005, 03:10 PM
I mimss hearing htme at lunch time.

D. TODD
09-27-2005, 03:59 PM
B & B are stupid 90% of the time. Juvenile giggling schoolgirls, but I agree that the overreactions by many fans from game to game is weak.So the clowns had a valid point for once. They will be gone soon anyway, they can not compete with MJH in the afternoons,

The Wimperoo
09-27-2005, 04:05 PM
They are absolutely correct. I sure do miss them at lunch time. I didn't think I would, but I have listened to them everyday on my way home over MJH.

Jjav829
09-27-2005, 04:07 PM
It took all of one minute into the show for B&B to say what many around here have been saying...Sox fans who say "we're going all the way" after every win but then say "we're not making the playoffs" after every loss are "stupid."

Amen.

But Boers and Bernstein are dark clouds themselves because they've constantly said how this team has a horrible offense and neither of them seems to think the Sox can win the World Series.

hawkjt
09-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Complete idiots. MJH should kill them. B&B are so predictably contrarian it is boring. If the sox win the last 6 they will say sox suck. That inspires some calls that will try to rip them and they rip away on the dumb fans.

On and on it goes.

FRANK FORT
09-27-2005, 04:24 PM
I miss B&B only because there is nothing worse than wanting to listen to sports talk at lunch with the only options being Dan Patrick or Murph.

MUsoxfan
09-28-2005, 02:35 AM
They will be gone soon anyway, they can not compete with MJH in the afternoons,

I disagree. One of MJ or H is seeminly always on vacation. That's not good for ratings and people will flip to see what B&B are all about. I will never listen to MJ&H if it's a choice between them and B&B

ChiSoxPatF
09-28-2005, 01:20 PM
As long as Mac is on MJH, I'll listen to MJH over B&B anytime. Sportsblab in Chicago, or anywhere really, isn't very good but MJH are the best in our city (try listening to Dan Patrick talk about New England for 3 hours or B&B and their incoherent babble and the choices are easy).

Uncle_Patrick
09-28-2005, 02:08 PM
I like B&B, although, I agree, they can be very contrarian about eveything. I used to really like MJ&H, but they are bugging me now. Jurko is a moron, Harry is lame, and Mac is way too full of himself.

Dan H
09-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Ed Sherman blasted Boers and Bernstein in his column today (9/29). He rips them for their making fun of Ron Santo and his two artificial legs. Anticipating the column, Boers ripped Sherman and the Tribune sports section on the 9/28 show citing their anti-Sox bias, specifically referring the Tribune sports headline "Choke Hold." Boers wanted to know if the Tribune ever used such a headline last year when the Cubs were blowing their wild card chances or when they dropped the last three games to the Marlins in '03.

Both are right. The Tribune has not just been writing stories about a possible White Sox choke, they have been hoping for it. The Cubs have had another forgettable season and have been completely over-shadowed by the so far wire to wire first place White Sox. The conflict of interest and petty envy is so obvious, it stinks.

Yet Boers and Bernstein are not being funny about Santo. It is true that Santo is horrible in the booth and overrated as a player. But his battle against diabetes has been a brave one. When they were clinching their division two years ago, Cub players didn't think Santo would live to see the World Series. Two years later he is still here, and that is a testament to his courage.

Boers and Bernstein waste their talent by acting stupid. They are two smart guys who feel they have to act like morons for dumb reason. It is the bad radio that is so typical of WSCR. As far as their condemning so called "dark clouds," I am not impressed. Let them clean up their own act first.

miker
09-30-2005, 12:48 PM
North, B&B, Murph...does NOT make me look forward to the Sox being on the Score next year.:mad: