PDA

View Full Version : Hangar finally freaks...

Hangar18
09-27-2005, 11:51 AM
With last night's unexpected loss to the Tigers, it's at least possible that Sunday's game against Cleveland could decide who wins the division and who takes the Wild Card.

It should NEVER have come to this. With a 15 game lead (that arguably shouldve been even higher) theres no reason it shouldve come to this .....our playoff existence out of our hands. They are home, almost all games are sold-out
and are playing with heart ......while were back to playing scared. That said, let the Kid pitch, and on a short leash. Do not let Marte even dress for the game, and bench Everett. If we lose, hey, its our own fault

rdwj
09-27-2005, 11:57 AM
It should NEVER have come to this. With a 15 game lead (that arguably shouldve been even higher) theres no reason it shouldve come to this

Well, it has. So stop crying over spilled milk.

.....our playoff existence out of our hands.

Huh?!?!?

Aren't we two games in front of anyone else in the AL and in the drivers seat for both the division and WC??? We win, we go - we can't have it any more in our hands than that.

DenverSock
09-27-2005, 12:00 PM
It should NEVER have come to this. With a 15 game lead (that arguably shouldve been even higher) theres no reason it shouldve come to this .....our playoff existence out of our hands. They are home, almost all games are sold-out
and are playing with heart ......while were back to playing scared.

First off, we could still win 2 or 3 games in Detroit lowering the Magic number to 3 or 2; followed by one loss for the Indians handed them by Tampa Bay. Also don't forget that every White Sox victory is worth 2 in the Magic number because each of those games represents one White Sox victory and a Cleveland Loss. In other words two victories in Cleveland take 4 off the Magic number. We do, however, need to maintain at least a 1 game lead going in to Cleveland. Well, theoretically, we could come back from 3 games behind if we were to lose all our games in Detroit, Cleveland were to beat Tampa Bay 3 times, and then we swept in Jacobs Field but I find that an outlandish scenario.

Frankly Missing
09-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Hangar,

If wishes were horses we would own one heck of a ranch.

No time for coulda shoulda wouldas now.

The Sox are in a good spot right now, they played great over the weekend and we have to forget about last night and move on.

I believe this final week will end with a division title.

Say it Hangar! I believe!!

CHISOXFAN13
09-27-2005, 12:26 PM
and are playing with heart ......while were back to playing scared. That said, let the Kid pitch, and on a short leash. Do not let Marte even dress for the game, and bench Everett. If we lose, hey, its our own fault

I love how you just automatically assume it's coming down to Sunday's game now.

Our playoff existence out of our hands? You have got to be ****ing kidding me.

tstrike2000
09-27-2005, 02:16 PM

A lot of people have said it shouldn't have come down to this over the past two weeks, including myself, but it has and there's nothing that can be done about that. Even with last night's loss the Sox are still in charge of their proverbial destiny. Our playoff existence is in our hands right now and there for the taking. I fully expect the Sox to still take a playoff spot and I think they'll still win this division. Our best pitcher has been Contreras and if he has to pitch on short rest in a deciding game then that's what has to be done. A lot of teams have done it and won because of it.

TheOldRoman
09-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Hangar, what the hell is wrong with you these past few weeks? You have been posting absolute garbage, and this is by far the worst of it.
Our "playoff existance" is IN OUR HANDS. We are up by 3 games. Our magic number is 5. Not Cleveland's.
The most insanely ignorant part of your post was claiming that almost all of their games are sold out. Maybe you didn't see them playing the A's or Twins the past couple of weeks with 22,000 in the seats. For as much crap as the Tribune musters up about our attendance, we averaged 5k more per game.
We lost 1 game and we are suddently scared with no heart? If we won last night, you would be talking about the playoffs as if they were certain (which they are). We won our last 3 against the Twins. It is frustrating that we lost last night, but it happened. We will win tonight. Even though you refuse to look at facts, the Devil Rays have been very hot in the second half. They have lots of young talent, and have beaten the Indians 4 out of 6 during their "epic second half surge". I said a week ago that the Indians would lose at least one to KC and one to TB. The Angels won 2 of 3 in a hardfought series against the Rays this weekend. Mike Scoica said that Tampa is the last team he would want to play right now, and that his team was lucky, they didnt deserve to win any of those games.
If we win 1 in Cleveland, it will be all over. Keep in mind that we are much much better on the road than at home- the Indians are too. Worry when we fall behind. Until then, we have a lead.

Baby Fisk
09-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Come on Hangar, pull it together man. You're starting to resemble this guy...

http://fusionanomaly.net/fullmetaljacketpyletoilet.jpg

PaleHoseGeorge
09-27-2005, 03:10 PM
http://www.historychannel.com/global/exhibit_templates/images/mail_call_host_topright.jpg
"GET OFF MY OBSTACLE, HANGAR!"

Hangar18
09-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Hangar, what the hell is wrong with you these past few weeks? You have been posting absolute garbage, and this is by far the worst of it.
Our "playoff existance" is IN OUR HANDS. We are up by 3 games. Our magic number is 5. Not Cleveland's.
The most insanely ignorant part of your post was claiming that almost all of their games are sold out. Maybe you didn't see them playing the A's or Twins the past couple of weeks with 22,000 in the seats. For as much crap as the Tribune musters up about our attendance, we averaged 5k more per game.
We lost 1 game and we are suddently scared with no heart? If we won last night, you would be talking about the playoffs as if they were certain (which they are). We won our last 3 against the Twins. It is frustrating that we lost last night, but it happened. We will win tonight. Even though you refuse to look at facts, the Devil Rays have been very hot in the second half. They have lots of young talent, and have beaten the Indians 4 out of 6 during their "epic second half surge". I said a week ago that the Indians would lose at least one to KC and one to TB. The Angels won 2 of 3 in a hardfought series against the Rays this weekend. Mike Scoica said that Tampa is the last team he would want to play right now, and that his team was lucky, they didnt deserve to win any of those games.
If we win 1 in Cleveland, it will be all over. Keep in mind that we are much much better on the road than at home- the Indians are too. Worry when we fall behind. Until then, we have a lead.

Ohhhhhhhh, so everything is OK then, not to worry, let Tampa take care of Cleveland for us? NOT. How is my post garbage? Id tell the SOX lets win everything, to heck with everyone else, we control our destiny, not lets hope TB wins a game or two.

The Title of the thread originally was "SUNDAY IN CLEVELAND"
and if were tied, who should pitch. My answer ........ If were tied in Cleve on Sunday, that assumes alot of things went terribly wrong the rest of this week. And I simply said it NEVER should have come to that ........playing a final game in Cleveland, considering we led the darned division ALL YEAR, and had a lead of as much as 15 games as recently as Aug 1st. How can I be criticized for being mad about that? A bunch of us are trying to get tickets and CANNOT get any for Friday and Saturday games currently ..........(thats another story) What I think is unfair, is some of my answer was chopped off (taken out of context) But Im sticking with my answer, If it comes to SUNDAY showdown, it should NEVER have come to that .........and if it does ........Id go with BMAC. The leagues hardly seen him, he can give us a solid 5 or 6 innings, get to the pen, and see what happens. We win ...........were perfectly set up for Contreras to start game 1 ......... I want this team to start pretending its the playoffs ..........now.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-27-2005, 03:14 PM

Classic movie.

A 1 or 2 game lead is the same thing heading into Cleveland (The Tribe would need to sweep us to take the division - otherwise if they win 2 of 3 they would lose to us (2 game lead becomes 1 or a 1 game lead becomes a tie in which case the White Sox still win the division via a tie breaker unless Cleveland loses 2 of 3 from Tampa and we lose the remaining three games in Detroit and Boston and New York win all their games (Tuesday through Thursday) which is NOT going to happen). We will be celebrating in a few days - hope you are with us Hanger. You can take a evening off a worrying until the next morning when you can start to fret over the playoffs :tongue: .

TheOldRoman
09-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Ohhhhhhhh, so everything is OK then, not to worry, let Tampa take care of Cleveland for us? NOT. How is my post garbage? Id tell the SOX lets win everything, to heck with everyone else, we control our destiny, not lets hope TB wins a game or two.

and if were tied, who should pitch. My answer ........ If were tied in Cleve on Sunday, that assumes alot of things went terribly wrong the rest of this week. And I simply said it NEVER should have come to that ........playing a final game in Cleveland, considering we led the darned division ALL YEAR, and had a lead of as much as 15 games as recently as Aug 1st. How can I be criticized for being mad about that? A bunch of us are trying to get tickets and CANNOT get any for Friday and Saturday games currently ..........(thats another story) What I think is unfair, is some of my answer was chopped off (taken out of context) But Im sticking with my answer, If it comes to SUNDAY showdown, it should NEVER have come to that .........and if it does ........Id go with BMAC. The leagues hardly seen him, he can give us a solid 5 or 6 innings, get to the pen, and see what happens. We win ...........were perfectly set up for Contreras to start game 1 ......... I want this team to start pretending its the playoffs ..........now.
Yes, we do control our own destiny. We dont need to count on TB to win, I was just saying that they will win anyway.
Hangar, I know you decided to jump ship last week. You started pointing fingers, saying Dye is horrible and a bust because he had one bad game, saying "we did this to ourselves" and "we made out bed, now we are lying in it". You overlooked our offensive numbers and claimed our horrible offense and "lack of power" will spell the end for us. JUST BE A FAN. Don't forecast doom and gloom just so you can look smart if it happens like you called. Nobody will be impressed. I have read enough of your posts to know that you dont want the Sox to lose, so dont waste your time on that crap. You must realize that not only do we have the best record in the American League, but also we have a 2 game lead. We control our own destiny. If you are worrying about the last week of the season and having to hope for the DRays to win (although we dont), imagine how the Indians fans feel. They have to hope for the DETROIT TIGERS to win a couple of games against the Sox, and they realize that they will have to at very least take 2 of 3 at home against the best road team in baseball, facing their top three pitchers of late. The Indians and their announcers were bitching that they have to play Tampa while we "get" to play Detroit. Chill. Root for the Sox, and enjoy the ride.
It is unfortunate that it *might* come down to the last day, but if that happens, just be grateful we are in a position to win it on the last day. Bitching about the past doesnt change anything. Oh, and I didnt take your comment out of context, I quoted the whole thing.

StockdaleForVeep
09-27-2005, 03:42 PM

Hangar, i understand where you're comin from, but try to relax it a bit

Just picture, your in a forrest, in a forrest with heather locklear, and your very warm....very very warm..

**Picture removed by MOD**

infohawk
09-27-2005, 03:54 PM
If the White Sox win the next three games, they are guaranteed a playoff spot. The pitching match-ups are in our favor. Let's just hope we can score some runs. I'm very confident with McCarthy and Contreras going today and tomorrow. Freddy makes me a bit nervous, but his last start was excellent. It's also possible that two more wins (96) gets us into the playoffs, but three punches our ticket.

I was really hoping to win last night against Detroit. I thought there was a good chance we could lose one game, but I was hoping it would have been the fourth game because we would have already locked up our playoff spot. It's pretty tough to sweep two four-game series against the same team in the same month. It's pretty tough to sweep a four game series period. If we don't want to have to worry about winning a game in Cleveland to make the playoffs, we need to win the last three games against Detroit. I certainly want to win the division, but am starting with guaranteeing a playoff spot first. I'll go from there.

Hangar18
09-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Man .......... that picture made me feel better ....

Cat Thief
09-27-2005, 04:45 PM

Well said. Same crap almost every day.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-27-2005, 04:57 PM
If the White Sox win the next three games, they are guaranteed a playoff spot. The pitching match-ups are in our favor. Let's just hope we can score some runs. I'm very confident with McCarthy and Contreras going today and tomorrow. Freddy makes me a bit nervous, but his last start was excellent. It's also possible that two more wins (96) gets us into the playoffs, but three punches our ticket.

I was really hoping to win last night against Detroit. I thought there was a good chance we could lose one game, but I was hoping it would have been the fourth game because we would have already locked up our playoff spot. It's pretty tough to sweep two four-game series against the same team in the same month. It's pretty tough to sweep a four game series period. If we don't want to have to worry about winning a game in Cleveland to make the playoffs, we need to win the last three games against Detroit. I certainly want to win the division, but am starting with guaranteeing a playoff spot first. I'll go from there.

We need three wins to guarantee the AL Central - 2 in Detroit and 1 in Cleveland (unless both New York and Boston win their next three games each and go 2-1 / 1-2 in their final series - then we need to win a 4th game - either in Detroit or in Cleveland to clinch the division). Even if Cleveland sweeps Tampa Bay, they finish 5-1 and we lose the two games we are up. However, that would cause a tie for the division and we win the division based on the fact we clinched the season series with Cleveland.

tstrike2000
09-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Just picture, your in a forrest, in a forrest with heather locklear, and your very warm....very very warm..

You should go into therapy, that was excellent. It relaxed me and it wasn't even directed towards me.

antitwins13
09-27-2005, 06:39 PM

Easy Hanger, we still haven't even seen Ozzie's plan B yet.

StockdaleForVeep
09-27-2005, 06:41 PM
A question, why was the pic of heather removed? It was just a regular photo of her in a bikini posing, no real diff from say the britney spears tag

TommyJohn
09-27-2005, 06:58 PM
http://www.historychannel.com/global/exhibit_templates/images/mail_call_host_topright.jpg
"GET OFF MY OBSTACLE, HANGAR!"

YES! Great pic!

Parrothead
09-27-2005, 09:46 PM

I got your back on this one....I agree with you and I am going to need help if they keep playing like this.
:therapy: .