PDA

View Full Version : White Sox/Cubs day here at School

Clembasbal
09-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Due to it being homecoming week here at Lockport High School, one of the administrators/student government members had a great idea of making today "White Sox or Cubs" Day!

So there are a ton of students dressed up in their favorite team's gear. There are crappy moments and some bad ones as well.

I am seeing about 75% Sox gear - which is fantasic!
I am seeing about 15% Cubs gear - the smaller the better!
What is the other 10% wearing you ask, well either no sports team at all or freakin' Indians clothes, pathetic.

I thought Cubs fans don't care about the Sox?

Dick Allen
09-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Due to it being homecoming week here at Lockport High School, one of the administrators/student government members had a great idea of making today "White Sox or Cubs" Day!

So there are a ton of students dressed up in their favorite team's gear. There are crappy moments and some bad ones as well.

I am seeing about 75% Sox gear - which is fantasic!
I am seeing about 15% Cubs gear - the smaller the better!
What is the other 10% wearing you ask, well either no sports team at all or freakin' Indians clothes, pathetic.

I thought Cubs fans don't care about the Sox?I'm glad we didn't have a day like this when I was in HS. I would have been thrown in jail for numerous battery charges.

jdm2662
09-27-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm glad we didn't have a day like this when I was in HS. I would have been thrown in jail for numerous battery charges.

I was in high school in the early 90s and the majority of the school was Sox fans. I don't recall a dress up day though, even in '93. We had it in grade school in '89. My good friend brought his anti-Cubs gear and got a lot of flack for it. Thank god the Sox turned it around the next season.

PatK
09-27-2005, 01:15 PM
15% of your school is special ed?

Joosh
09-27-2005, 01:21 PM

ZING!!!!!

We didn't have a sox/cubs day during our Homecoming week, but we did have hat day, and I wore my Sox hat.

And, as I type this in my Study Hall, I am currently wearing my Konerko jersey.

buehrle4cy05
09-27-2005, 03:31 PM
We had one in 2003. Of course, by coincidence, it was the day of game 3 of the NLCS. I sported my Sox gear in protest. :angry:

Clembasbal
09-27-2005, 04:07 PM
It was actually a good time, because really nobody had Cubs gear on. I just couldn't believe all the Indians crap though. A lot of brand new Indians hats and shirts for sure...which is so stupid. Hell, I rooted for the Fish against the Cubs but I didn't spend $100 on Marlins gear.

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-27-2005, 04:58 PM
If Cubs fans are special ed than my school is 95% special ed

HotelWhiteSox
09-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Today I drove behind a car which had a Cubs and Indians hat in their back window, how pathetic.

C-Dawg
09-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Today I drove behind a car which had a Cubs and Indians hat in their back window, how pathetic.

Yeah, no kidding! It seems they've all dropped their "The Red Sox have always been my second-favorite team!" crap in favor of the Indians.

LongLiveFisk
09-27-2005, 09:02 PM
My workplace has special days like this, but I can wear Sox stuff every Friday if I want (casual Friday)...and I usually do. :cool:

HebrewHammer
09-27-2005, 09:28 PM
I had to walk from Jefferson and Madison to Clark and Lake today. I saw at least five Indians jerseys around the downtown area. I didn't know the toons were in town.

C-Dawg
09-27-2005, 09:32 PM
I have a Cub-fan aquaintance who I'LL BET has a brand-new Indians hat in his car right now! $100 says I can sneak over there and see it with the flashlight.

Oh, I gotta mention this guy is a die-hard Cub fan! Ever since about September, 2003!!

robertks61
09-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Crap, we never did that when I went to Lockport. There is a small picture of me in the '78 yearbook with a Sox shirt on though.

Clembasbal
09-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Crap, we never did that when I went to Lockport. There is a small picture of me in the '78 yearbook with a Sox shirt on though.

Nice, I might have to go to the Library and check that out. I'm sure it isn't as cool as I think though,

robertks61
09-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Nice, I might have to go to the Library and check that out. I'm sure it isn't as cool as I think though,

Page #91, bottom right hand side. Yea, the t-shirt is cool!

greenpeach
09-28-2005, 10:20 PM

But how can that be ??? We all know that Cub fans could care less about the Sox.

mrfourni
09-29-2005, 09:37 AM
Is it any coincidence that once cub fans start backing a team like the Indians, the team starts losing?

miker
09-30-2005, 11:14 AM
75% for the Sox...there is hope for the future!

TheDarkGundam
09-30-2005, 02:29 PM
My school also had a Flubs day during the 03 playoffs. It was really just cafeteria stuff though, really cheap hot dogs, cracker jack, and Flub cookies.

I, of course, skipped on the .25 hot dog and .25 cracker jack and bought the nasty 3.00 pizza.
I wonder if my school will do something like this for the sox...
On a positive note, my band director, Mr. Kull, told us to remind any Cub fans we see that only one chicago baseball team will still be playing next week.
Which I did. Many times.:D:
p.s. I am officialy a WSI regular now. Which I think warrants this::bandance:

Blancos Medias
10-02-2005, 06:13 PM
There's a lot for a Cubs fan to like about the Indians. After all, after playing like a house on fire, when the fit hit the shan, the Indians folded like a cheap lawn chair.

It's a natural fit for Cubs fans, it's what they're used to. Now they can moan and groan about TWO teams. Hog heaven.

buehrle4cy05
10-02-2005, 07:30 PM
I wonder if my school will do something like this for the sox...
p.s. I am officialy a WSI regular now. Which I think warrants this::bandance:

This is teal. As a WSI regular you should know that by now!:tongue:

chisoxfanatic
10-02-2005, 08:23 PM
At the school I teach at, we're declaring Tuesday as "Sox Day" where all students may come to school out of uniform (black pants and white shirts) if they are wearing Sox gear.

I'll be going to work dressed in what I'm wearing at the game, since I'll head straight to the ballpark right afterwards.

Johnny Mostil
10-02-2005, 08:44 PM
If Cubs fans are special ed than my school is 95% special ed

In Iowa? I would have guessed 100 percent.:rolleyes:

Seriously, what is it with the special ed Cub fan jokes? I'm assuming nobody means any harm in it, but please know you may have a wider audience than you realize. As somebody intimately familiar with special ed and what special ed kids wear on such days, I can assure you there's no connection between these kids' abilities and their baseball allegiances.