PDA

View Full Version : Doubleheader...

MERPER
09-27-2005, 12:31 AM
BoSox have to play a doubleheader tomorrow... hard to win both ends as we know... by my calculations, sox have magic # of 3 to gurantee playoff berth.... figuring Boston and Yanks play 3 more times...

That being said, if we gurantee that before the Cleveland series... is there a chance Ozzie rests certain players and takes his chances on winning just 1 game in CLE...

He knows the AL Central title really doesn't matter compared to the larger goal... We ALL know this, but do you think he would really do that?

NO Pods, Everett, AJ, Dye, Konerko potentially?

Banix12
09-27-2005, 12:58 AM
BoSox have to play a doubleheader tomorrow... hard to win both ends as we know... by my calculations, sox have magic # of 3 to gurantee playoff berth.... figuring Boston and Yanks play 3 more times...

That being said, if we gurantee that before the Cleveland series... is there a chance Ozzie rests certain players and takes his chances on winning just 1 game in CLE...

He knows the AL Central title really doesn't matter compared to the larger goal... We ALL know this, but do you think he would really do that?

I don't see him taking that chance. i think he wants the division.

Pods and AJ maybe sit against a tough lefty. Everett if Ozzie feels that will help him find his swing. Konerko no, he's in the lineup till the division is clinched

And not only is it a double header tomorrow but the Blue Jays lead the season series against the Red Sox as I recall. I believe it's something like 9 wins vs. 5 losses.

kevingrt
09-27-2005, 01:16 AM
I don't see him taking that chance. i think he wants the division.

Pods and AJ maybe sit against a tough lefty. Everett if Ozzie feels that will help him find his swing. Konerko no, he's in the lineup till the division is clinched

And not only is it a double header tomorrow but the Blue Jays lead the season series against the Red Sox as I recall. I believe it's something like 9 wins vs. 5 losses.

I think he wants the division is an understatement. The team, Ozzie, the fans, Kw, everyone wants the division more then anything. Us resting players at Cleveland requires us to wrap up the AL Central not the wildcard.

SOXfnNlansing
09-27-2005, 01:42 AM
I want to put out an all points bulletin on our east coast poster who likes his sox red....... I hope nothing has happened to our friend (haven't heard a word in over a week on the east coast perspective on our team or our collapse)

rdwj
09-27-2005, 08:21 AM
I not worried just yet. 2 games is still pretty comfortable. If we drop another game tonight, I'll start to worry. The only thing that's starting to REALLY worry me is this team's ability to close.

JRIG
09-27-2005, 08:28 AM
I think he wants the division is an understatement. The team, Ozzie, the fans, Kw, everyone wants the division more then anything. Us resting players at Cleveland requires us to wrap up the AL Central not the wildcard.

Plus, Anaheim is a much better matchup the Sox in the first round of the playoffs than either Boston or New York, in my opinion. We want the division, no doubt aboyt it.

oeo
09-27-2005, 08:36 AM

I'd like to knock the Indians out of it, just to show everyone who the better team is...and shut up their, "We're going to the World Series!" fans.

harwar
09-27-2005, 08:46 AM
I'd like to knock the Indians out of it, just to show everyone who the better team is...and shut up their, "We're going to the World Series!" fans.

This is how i feel also.
Since there is no question in my mind that its going to come down to the series with cleveland then i say bring em on.
I expect The White Sox and the indians to both win the next three games.Then we go in there and take care of business.I mean isn't that what we are supposed to do.You go in there and find a way to win.Sink or swim,**** or fall back,damn the torpedoes and all that!

Hangar18
09-27-2005, 09:45 AM

Reminds me of 2000 ......... where we played badly, lost the game, then "celebrated" "winning" ........... there was an empty feeling about it all ......

Sad
09-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Reminds me of 2000 ......... where we played badly, lost the game, then "celebrated" "winning" ........... there was an empty feeling about it all ......

I'm trying to forget about 2000... popup after popup after popup after... :angry:

Ol' No. 2
09-27-2005, 10:08 AM

NO Pods, Everett, AJ, Dye, Konerko potentially?Ozzie's not the type to let up. You never take anything for granted. He'll rest guys AFTER they clinch the division.

DenverSock
09-27-2005, 12:13 PM

The only way to get them to shut up is to knock them out of the playoffs or eliminate them. First is doubtfull in my mind. Second may not be done by the Sox, but that's unimportant.