PDA

View Full Version : 9 out of 10 Dark Clouds agree: There is NO bright side!

JUribe1989
09-26-2005, 10:18 PM
All we need to clinch a playoff spot is 3 wins. So if we can win this series we have made the playoffs. That is without help from any other team. We are guaranteed at least a wild card spot if we win 3 games. Now we have to just go out and get it done. I have seen this team do it plenty of times.

So be happy! :cool:

DannyCaterFan
09-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Are you old enough to remember 1967 when we had controlof the league and then promptly went out and lost our last 6 games!

ElDuque26
09-26-2005, 10:20 PM
and the beauty is thats only .500 baseball..GO D-RAYS!!!

TommyJohn
09-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Are you old enough to remember 1967 when we had controlof the league and then promptly went out and lost our last 6 games!

It was actually 5, but I know what you mean. Plenty of time left to blow the
damn thing and if one team is completely capable of doing so, that team is
the White Sox. If it were the other way around, Sox chasing Cleveland or
the Twins, 2 out with six left, it would be over with no questions asked.

Lip Man 1
09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Uribe:

All the 86 Red Sox needed was one strike to win the World Series. Sometimes the last strike, the last out, the last few wins are the hardest to get of all.

Lip

itsnotrequired
09-26-2005, 10:26 PM

Yeah, and the 2000 Yankees went 2-13 to finish their season...and won the World Series.

It's baseball, stuff happens. That's what makes it fun (and frustrating) to watch.

Go get 'em, boys...

JUribe1989
09-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Uribe:

All the 86 Red Sox needed was one strike to win the World Series. Sometimes the last strike, the last out, the last few wins are the hardest to get of all.

Lip

I'm just trying to console myself. If this team can't get 3 wins then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

BRDSR
09-27-2005, 01:23 AM
The loss today doesn't bother me too much. We just took 3 of four. Think of it this way. The Sox lead is bigger than it was 4 days ago. Thats a big deal in the last 10 games of the season.

The Sox are two games up in the loss column on 3 different teams with six games left. ALL THREE of those teams would have to tie or beat the Sox in those remaining six games, and that includes two of the teams playing eachother. I'm not worried about making the post season, but I am worried about playing good baseball leading into it.

IowaSox1971
09-27-2005, 01:36 AM
I AM very worried about making the postseason -- for a few reasons.

1. For the second time in less than a week, we had a chance to regain control of the division with Garland on the mound and we had a disheartening loss.

2. It was the worst possible way to have the Tigers win. Garland gave up two leads, and then we end up losing on a walkoff homer. About the last thing we needed was to give any momentum to the Tigers, who are playing out the string and are likely to fire their manager. With the Tigers now having this momentum, it's going to be tough to win the next three games.

TomParrish79
09-27-2005, 03:31 AM
i am ready for something to happen, one way or the other, I am gonna have a damn heart attack at 25

Dan H
09-27-2005, 05:17 AM

1. For the second time in less than a week, we had a chance to regain control of the division with Garland on the mound and we had a disheartening loss.

2. It was the worst possible way to have the Tigers win. Garland gave up two leads, and then we end up losing on a walkoff homer. About the last thing we needed was to give any momentum to the Tigers, who are playing out the string and are likely to fire their manager. With the Tigers now having this momentum, it's going to be tough to win the next three games.

I don't fear any kind of momentum the Tigers might have, because they really don't have any. What scares me is a feeble offense that contributes to one close loss after another. We saw it in the first game of the Indians series, the first game of the Twins series and the also this series first game. AJ said he stunk. I couldn't agree more. And I don't even want to see Everett in this lineup. Crazy Carl is nothing but an easy out right now.

voodoochile
09-27-2005, 06:15 AM
LOL... Way to go with the spirit of the thread people...

Bright side? We don't need no stinking bright side...

:darkcloud:

starboy0
09-27-2005, 06:51 AM
After Sunday's winI waited for the train having a cold one at the Union station. A couple of guys asked me if we won and if Cleveland lost. I said, "yes" and they said immediately, "it's over!"

I didn't want to hear that. I said, "I like our chances, we're better off than we were a few days ago."

We can't look past Detroit! They would love to bring us down and they just got done spanking the Mariners.

Stay the course, respect the Tigers, it's not over yet. Let's get it done one game at a time.

ode to veeck
09-27-2005, 08:51 AM

LOL, it sure got lost in there somewhere

rdwj
09-27-2005, 08:57 AM
I won't panic unless we lose tonight. For some reason, I'm pretty calm. Two seems like a pretty good lead with 6 games to go and our pitching has been solid lately.

Just win today - that's the only game that matters right now.

JRIG
09-27-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm just trying to console myself. If this team can't get 3 wins then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Without a doubt, we are still in the driver's seat in this division! 2 games up with less than a week to go, and a chance to take care of business against the Injuns at the end of the week. This is a playoff race, this is fun, and at the end of the season, I fully expect to be crowned AL Central Champs. Book it.

Hangar18
09-27-2005, 09:02 AM
All we need to clinch a playoff spot is 3 wins. So if we can win this series we have made the playoffs. That is without help from any other team. We are guaranteed at least a wild card spot if we win 3 games. Now we have to just go out and get it done. I have seen this team do it plenty of times.

So be happy! :cool:

All we had to do was win 7 in a row ..............:angry:
We went from getting a GIFT sunday, with KC beating CLEV, and now the pressures back on us. Doggone it!! We cannot go into CLEVE with less
than a 2 game lead .........

greenpeach
09-27-2005, 09:09 AM
All we had to do was win 7 in a row ..............:angry:
We went from getting a GIFT sunday, with KC beating CLEV, and now the pressures back on us. Doggone it!! We cannot go into CLEVE with less
than a 2 game lead .........

Gee, I'm sure glad that our bullpen got to rest over the weekend. It really helped yesterday.

The dance continues.......

Hangar18
09-27-2005, 09:15 AM
Yeah, and the 2000 Yankees went 2-13 to finish their season...and won the World Series.
Go get 'em, boys...

The Yankees were aided by the SOX going into the playoffs hurt and promptly laid down to a lame Mariner team. They then faced they Mariners and walked into the World Series, against a really LAME Mets team. Easiest Championship.......ever

ode to veeck
09-27-2005, 09:27 AM
cmon put the original thread title back, you'll just open the flood gates for a squall's worth of dark clouds, plus it loses the amusement of the fact that the original thread wass "looking at the bright side"

TommyJohn
09-27-2005, 09:34 AM
The Yankees were aided by the SOX going into the playoffs hurt and promptly laid down to a lame Mariner team. They then faced they Mariners and walked into the World Series, against a really LAME Mets team. Easiest Championship.......ever

Will you stop with the lame excuses? The 2000 Yankees got it done, the
2000 White Sox did not. Period.

Baby Fisk
09-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Will you stop with the lame excuses? The 2000 Yankees got it done, the
2000 White Sox did not. Period.
Agreed. If the Sox "back into the playoffs", knock off the Yankees (whose pitching is pathetic) and then beat a LAME Padres team, would that somehow invalidate a Sox world championship? What's to say the Sox would have beaten that LAME 2000 Mets team? Why did I get dragged into this nonsense? AUGH! :angry:

Hangar18
09-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Agreed. If the Sox "back into the playoffs", knock off the Yankees (whose pitching is pathetic) and then beat a LAME Padres team, would that somehow invalidate a Sox world championship? What's to say the Sox would have beaten that LAME 2000 Mets team? Why did I get dragged into this nonsense? AUGH! :angry:

That would have been a Tribune Headline for the ages ........
Padres hand championship to SOX

Should World Series feature good teams?

Whats wrong with the Yankees?

Is World Series Championship overrated?
We think so ......

(Ps, i think the thread title is kind of funny :wink: )

koch44
09-27-2005, 09:58 AM
This thread gave me a laugh, because last night after we lost someone posted somewhere on the site last night that since the Tigers won last night, and since they whooped the mighty Mariners over the weekend, they had all the momentum to beat us the rest of the series.

:roflmao:

ode to veeck
09-27-2005, 09:59 AM
LOL! well at least the thread go tmoved to an approriate place .... what's the score

harwar
09-27-2005, 10:01 AM
I'm looking forward to this weekend.The White sox and indians will win the next three games and then the winner of the big series in cleveland will decide the division champ.Then we go into the playoffs on a high and there is no more talk of backing in.
The only thing i'm worried about is watching saturdays game,as it has been moved to a fox 12 pm game and with the yankees & red sox also playing at that time i will probably get that game up here where i live.

SoxFan78
09-27-2005, 10:15 AM

One thing to remember. Remember last week when we beat the Indians on a walk off home run? What happened the next game. Cleveland won. Hopefully the Sox can come back today.

Baby Fisk
09-27-2005, 10:22 AM
One thing to remember. Remember last week when we beat the Indians on a walk off home run? What happened the next game. Cleveland won. Hopefully the Sox can come back today.
No way! You're fooling yourself! Detroit's got the Big Mo* now!

*Big Mo = something that every other team except the Sox is capable of sustaining. The Sox just "string together a few lucky wins before the inevitable letdown".

TommyJohn
09-27-2005, 10:29 AM
No way! You're fooling yourself! Detroit's got the Big Mo* now!

*Big Mo = something that every other team except the Sox is capable of sustaining. The Sox just "string together a few lucky wins before the inevitable letdown".

I love it. great stuff. :roflmao:

gobears1987
09-27-2005, 10:49 AM
I hate ****ing dark clouds. If you guys want to bitch, go to Soxtalk. Don't do it here.

Hangar18
09-27-2005, 11:06 AM
I hate ****ing dark clouds. If you guys want to bitch, go to Soxtalk. Don't do it here.

Your right. Everything is fine, and the SOX offense is Fine. Im not worried.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-27-2005, 12:08 PM

:darkcloud:

You have to admit it was kind of funny to see all the Dark Clouds having an impromptu team meeting right in the middle of a thread looking for a bright side. Way to go, guys!

The Dark Clouds are nothing if not utterly predictable.
:cool: