PDA

View Full Version : Current Power Rankings

depy48
09-26-2005, 07:26 PM
I was kind of surpised when I saw this today. I thought the Sox would get a little more respect after taking three in a row from the Twins to shrink the magic number to 5. But low and behold, the Sportsline Power Rankings (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/powerrankings) have the Sox at 8. I'm not surprised the Sox aren't in the top 3 or even 5, but to have two teams that won't make the playoffs ahead of the team with the best record in AL is confusing. I really don't see the Phillies and the Astros ahead of the Sox. Also the title of the article is pretty insulting, here's another reason for the Sox to spite the media.

MarySwiss
09-26-2005, 07:37 PM
I was kind of surpised when I saw this today. I thought the Sox would get a little more respect after taking three in a row from the Twins to shrink the magic number to 5. But low and behold, the Sportsline Power Rankings (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/powerrankings) have the Sox at 8. I'm not surprised the Sox aren't in the top 3 or even 5, but to have two teams that won't make the playoffs ahead of the team with the best record in AL is confusing. I really don't see the Phillies and the Astros ahead of the Sox. Also the title of the article is pretty insulting, here's another reason for the Sox to spite the media.

Meh. Blow it off. Everybody and his brother does rankings. If it makes you feel any better, ESPN's rankings has the Sox at 5. Better than that, my hometown rag--the Ariz. Republic--has the Sox at 2, behind only the Cardinals. The only "ranking" that really counts is the one that comes after the World Series!

Edit: checked out the link, and the writer is their "Senior Fantasy Writer." That should tell you everything you need to know!

kjhanson
09-26-2005, 09:05 PM
These rankings were compiled September 20th. I believe they are updated every Tuesday nite and posted Wednesday mornings on cbssportsline.com.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-26-2005, 10:01 PM
:whocares