PDA

View Full Version : Monday, 9/26 lineup, per Reifert

Mohoney
09-26-2005, 05:56 PM
from Reifert's blog:

Pods, LF ... Tad, 2B ... AJ, C ... PK, 1B ... Dye, RF ... Everett, DH ... Rowand, CF ... Crede, 3B ... Uribe, SS ... Gar, RHP.

kevingrt
09-26-2005, 05:57 PM
Back to Cleveland lineup... interesting.

bobwsx
09-26-2005, 05:58 PM
from Reifert's blog:

Pods, LF ... Tad, 2B ... AJ, C ... PK, 1B ... Dye, RF ... Everett, DH ... Rowand, CF ... Crede, 3B ... Uribe, SS ... Gar, RHP.I like it.Sounds like a winner to me.

voodoochile
09-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Back to Cleveland lineup... interesting.

That's pretty much the playoff lineup right there, except where some of the 3,5,6 guys bat might fluctuate a bit...

He gone
09-26-2005, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Crazy-Carl get the night off. Let Anderson, Borchard or Gload strike-out the 3 times that Carl would :cool:

MUsoxfan
09-26-2005, 06:02 PM
I like this lineup and I like how Ozzie says he's gonna play these guys everyday.

Flight #24
09-26-2005, 06:03 PM
from Reifert's blog:

Pods, LF ... Tad, 2B ... AJ, C ... PK, 1B ... Dye, RF ... Everett, DH ... Rowand, CF ... Crede, 3B ... Uribe, SS ... Gar, RHP.

Me likey. Pods & Iguchi have been getting on base decently, this gives you a better chance to manufacture a run early since AJ's historically been a better contact hitter than Everett, plus there's the recent Carl scuffles.

Unregistered
09-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Please no more AJ in the #3 spot.

Hangar18
09-26-2005, 06:05 PM
I like this lineup and I like how Ozzie says he's gonna play these guys everyday.

My Pick to NOT click tonite ........ CARL EVERETT. 0-4, 2 K's.

Ol' No. 2
09-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Me likey. Pods & Iguchi have been getting on base decently, this gives you a better chance to manufacture a run early since AJ's historically been a better contact hitter than Everett, plus there's the recent Carl scuffles.Carl and Aaron are about the only ones who haven't teed off on Johnson this year. This would have been a good time to give Carl the night off.

TimoPerez
09-26-2005, 06:07 PM
I really like the lineup. In the playoffs(not deep pink anymore) I wouldn't even mind seeing Timo in there a little(not that I ever would). He was the playoff hero for the Mets in 2000 and can always be counted on. This team is really solid on all accounts.

MUsoxfan
09-26-2005, 06:09 PM
My Pick to NOT click tonite ........ CARL EVERETT. 0-4, 2 K's.

1-3, k, bb

Unregistered
09-26-2005, 06:11 PM
I really like the lineup. In the playoffs(not deep pink anymore) I wouldn't even mind seeing Timo in there a little...What a shock. :tongue:

putherawaywet
09-26-2005, 06:29 PM
I agree with: no more AJ in the three hole.

Although I would have liked to see more anderson/gload, it's too late to try and implement one or both of them in our plans. We have hung our hat on Crazy Carl and we'll have to live with it. At this point we have to just hope he can swing his way out of this slump.

SoxFan76
09-26-2005, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Crazy-Carl get the night off. Let Anderson, Borchard or Gload strike-out the 3 times that Carl would :cool:

That's one way to look at it. The way I see it is that Carl won't bust out of his slump sitting on the bench. Because when Carl's hot (no pun intended) he's a dangerous hitter.

Randar68
09-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Please no more AJ in the #3 spot.

Geez. I still haven't figured out why Ozzie shuffles guys in and out of positions in the order to get them going but if they perform well, they immediately get thrown back to their previous spot...

Didn't Rowand have a better night at the plate hitting 3rd? Now he moves him back?

Ozzie's lineup choices are about as intuitive as Relativity...

TomBradley72
09-26-2005, 06:45 PM
That's one way to look at it. The way I see it is that Carl won't bust out of his slump sitting on the bench. Because when Carl's hot (no pun intended) he's a dangerous hitter.

I agree + with the way he is attitude wise...you sit him down with 7 games to go...you might do more harm than good. Hopefully he snaps out of it and joins Crede, Iguch, Dye, Konerko and the rest of the guys.

kittle42
09-26-2005, 06:52 PM
He was the playoff hero for the Mets in 2000 and can always be counted on. This team is really solid on all accounts.

Where do you even start with this? :smile:

TimoPerez
09-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Where do you even start with this? :smile:

He had the record for most runs scored in the NLCS until Carlos Beltran broke it last year. The Mets don't make it to the World Series without him.

You can obviously tell that I want him to play because of my name but that isn't the only reason. I am merely saying that this sort of flexibility is a great thing.:bandance:

wsoxfan
09-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Does anybody know if A.J. even has any hits when batting in the 3 spot this year? There is no reason he should be batting 3rd :angry: