PDA

View Full Version : Sox in the D

sox230
09-26-2005, 04:28 PM
There's a lot of Sox pride at U of Michigan, I personally can say, and there's gunna be a HUGE number of us scattered around for all four games. After Michigan's crap game this weekend, we are all coming foaming at the mouth for a White Sox winner. I think we can really give ourselves home field advantage, because there wont be a lot of Tigers fans on cold, weekday nights coming out to the games, so come on out!

MUsoxfan
09-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Really? There's that many Sox fans up there?

sox230
09-26-2005, 05:39 PM
thers a good 75 of us going in the next couple days.

MISoxfan
09-26-2005, 05:40 PM
I don't know about Southeast Michigan, but Southwest is Sox/Cubs country about a 50/50 split. There are few Detroit fans to speak of in these parts.

I attended WMU and there was a decent number of Chicago fans there. I'd imagine all of the Universities are like that since they draw from all over the state.

The only exception is Basketball, up at Western everyone was a Piston's fan, but I'm not sure most could name any of the players.

nug0hs
09-26-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm currently a Junior @ WMU, and I've run into about a dozen Sox fans so far this year. Seems like there are a lot of people from the Wheaton/Naperville area here and they mostly all are Cubs fans. Oh well. If it weren't 2 hours from this side of the state I would definitely be hitting up a game or two.