PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Sun-Times

maurice
09-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Back to business as usual. The back page of the edition I received (printed after another big Sox victory and before the Bears game) featured a full-page Bears photo under a headline indicating that Dusty Baker is optimistic re. the cubs chances in '06. Absolutely no mention of the Sox whatsoever.

ROTFLMAO moment: a caption to the cub fluff article contained a gem alleging that the cubs could acquire Marcus Giles from the Braves staight up for the extremely valuable duo of Todd Walker and Corey Patterson. Heck, why not ARod for Jerry Hairston Jr.?

PatK
09-26-2005, 02:31 PM
Are you sure you didn't accidently pick up The Onion?

jackbrohamer
09-26-2005, 02:52 PM
On a related note, CLTV re-played WGN's news last night, & the weatherman said that there was so much rain Sunday it delayed the start of the Cub game. Which is apparently much more important than the fact that the rain delayed the start of the Sox game as well.

Dick Allen
09-26-2005, 03:59 PM
On a related note, CLTV re-played WGN's news last night, & the weatherman said that there was so much rain Sunday it delayed the start of the Cub game. Which is apparently much more important than the fact that the rain delayed the start of the Sox game as well.Yeah, I saw that too and called him an obscenity, which my wife proceeded to scold me for. He's just another WGN Cub stooge.

Dick Allen
09-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Back to business as usual. The back page of the edition I received (printed after another big Sox victory and before the Bears game) featured a full-page Bears photo under a headline indicating that Dusty Baker is optimistic re. the cubs chances in '06. Absolutely no mention of the Sox whatsoever.

ROTFLMAO moment: a caption to the cub fluff article contained a gem alleging that the cubs could acquire Marcus Giles from the Braves staight up for the extremely valuable duo of Todd Walker and Corey Patterson. Heck, why not ARod for Jerry Hairston Jr.?My edition had Freddie Garcia on the back page. I guess your timing was just bad. What shocked me was they also had the Sox on the back page today, AFTER a Bears game.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-26-2005, 10:05 PM
My edition had Freddie Garcia on the back page. I guess your timing was just bad. What shocked me was they also had the Sox on the back page today, AFTER a Bears game.

Well...gotta post some positives, even if they are from the White Sox. :D: