PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonight snubs Uribe

sageofthesox
09-26-2005, 01:43 PM
I made the mistake of watching ESPN's Baseball Tonight on Sunday. As you all know, this is a program which features highlights of Major League Baseball, an entity which the viewer would be led to believe is comprised of two teams the Yankees and the Red Sox.

Anyway, the program aired its Top 10 Web Gems of last week. I watched only to see where Juan Uribe's brilliant play against Cleveland on Sept. 20 would fall.

Uribe's play didn't even make the top 10. I can't believe it!!!

Hangar18
09-26-2005, 01:46 PM
I hear that Baseball Tonite .........is going to do their "Playoff Special"
from Wrigley Field (they booked it back in March, assuming the Cubs World Series Express would be in motion...........they were Wrong hahahaa)

Flight #24
09-26-2005, 01:51 PM
from Wrigley Field (they booked it back in March, assuming the Cubs World Series Express would be in motion...........they were Wrong hahahaa)

It's really too bad that since they have all the accomodations booked in Chicago that there isn't a playoff team within a reasonable driving distancethey could shift the broadcast to........:rolleyes:

Actually, I don't buy that they'll do that. It would look way way too moronic for even ESPN to do this.

JeffIsTHEMAN
09-26-2005, 02:16 PM
I made the mistake of watching ESPN's Baseball Tonight on Sunday. As you all know, this is a program which features highlights of Major League Baseball, an entity which the viewer would be led to believe is comprised of two teams the Yankees and the Red Sox.

Anyway, the program aired its Top 10 Web Gems of last week. I watched only to see where Juan Uribe's brilliant play against Cleveland on Sept. 20 would fall.

Uribe's play didn't even make the top 10. I can't believe it!!!

who cares???

DaleJRFan
09-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Uribe's game-saving play last week against Cleveland was in SportsCenter's "Ultimate Highlight" last week. I think that's good enough... it was one of the few baseball highlights... mostly football from week two.

And today on their "Ultimate Highlight" they had Crede's walk-off... and when they showed it, they muted the lame ass nu-metal and played Hawk's call.. then afterwards, went back to the music...

chitownhawkfan
09-26-2005, 02:39 PM
I've stopped getting angry over B(oston)aseball ToNYght, it is a farce, as is the rest of that minor league network. Just watch ComcastSportsNet and you will be a lot less frustrated.

Soxzilla
09-26-2005, 03:22 PM
It didn't even make the top 5 for that specific day...why would've it have made the top 10 of the week.:tongue:

Apparently a Pittsburgh pirate's belly flop catch that any decent fielder could make is FAR more important than a game saving play in a pennant race.

nordhagen
09-26-2005, 04:18 PM

They'll probably still do it from there and lament that the beloved Cubbies aren't in it anymore.

On Sunday morning's Baseball Tonight, Jeff Brantley was practically gleeful as he predicted how the Sox would go 3-5 and the beloved BoSox would go 6-2 down the stretch, thus leaving the White Sox out of the playoff picture as the Indians blew past them this week.

ESPN - End Sox Persecution Now

antitwins13
09-26-2005, 04:28 PM
I actually said they'd snub him in the chat room night of. The bias is getting out of hand!

fquaye149
09-26-2005, 04:34 PM
I've stopped getting angry over B(oston)aseball ToNYght, it is a farce, as is the rest of that minor league network. Just watch ComcastSportsNet and you will be a lot less frustrated.

Here's the thing: the reason Juan didn't make it isn't really because of Yankee/BlowSox bias (although it didn't help). The reason is that web-gems aren't measured by difficulty of the play or how important the play was, but rather who dove the farthest for a routine fly ball.

Watch that Godforsaken show and tell me I'm wrong.

miker
09-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Just watch ComcastSportsNet and you will be a lot less frustrated.
When THEY'RE actually broadcasting...:D: