PDA

View Full Version : Question About The Cell

kevingrt
09-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Anyone know what is being built on the Dan Ryan side of the Cell? I have no clue what it is suppose to be but maybe one of you does. It looks like some structure, and I don't know how long they have been working on it.

Thanks for the help, just a simple question.

DannyCaterFan
09-26-2005, 01:07 PM
I believe that is a permanent structure used for the people that set off the fireworks displays after Saturday night games.

CHISOXFAN13
09-26-2005, 01:11 PM
I believe that is a permanent structure used for the people that set off the fireworks displays after Saturday night games.

It is indeed a scaffold for the fireworks.

They put it up and take it down each season.

Law11
09-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Anyone know why they blow of the big noise bombs at the beginning of the game but during the game the ones that go off are more colorful than noisemaking bombs. Its great when those loud mothers explode.
You used to be able to hear the percussion reverb for miles around the park.

peeonwrigley
09-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Anyone know why they blow of the big noise bombs at the beginning of the game but during the game the ones that go off are more colorful than noisemaking bombs. Its great when those loud mothers explode.
You used to be able to hear the percussion reverb for miles around the park.

Just a guess... but games usually start during daylight - and the colorful ones aren't that spectacular until night falls. Also, the noisy ones are probably fine for the neighborhood at 7:05, but at 9:00 or 10:00 the neighbors might not like it so much. All speculation, though.