PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Tickets: SROs

bigsoxfan420
09-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Does anyone know if they will sell standing room tickets. I can't see why they wouldn't, but it may tick-off the folks that bought UD tickets, since SRO would have to be in the LD (right?). I would pay just about what other LD tickets cost just to get into the park.

cheeses_h_rice
09-26-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm almost 100% positive that SRO tickets won't be sold, for exactly the reason you stated.

If they don't want extra people mingling about the outfield concourse from the UD, they definitely wouldn't want SRO folks doing the same.

daveeym
09-26-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm almost 100% positive that SRO tickets won't be sold, for exactly the reason you stated.

If they don't want extra people mingling about the outfield concourse from the UD, they definitely wouldn't want SRO folks doing the same. I seem to remember SRO's being sold in 2000 though. I'm sure they would sell a limited amount. With a packed house you won't have to worry about seat jumping either so that's sort of a non-issue.

cheeses_h_rice
09-26-2005, 12:32 PM
I seem to remember SRO's being sold in 2000 though. I'm sure they would sell a limited amount. With a packed house you won't have to worry about seat jumping either so that's sort of a non-issue.

But in 2000, there wasn't a policy of preventing UD seatholders from going down to the 100 level (that was pre-Ligue/Dybas...thanks, jerks).

doogiec
09-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Maybe an option would be to sell SRO tickets allowing fans to watch from the Fundamentals area. I doubt many people are spending that kind of money on playoff tickets so they can play up there with their kids anyway. So shut it down for the playoffs, put in some portable toilets, some portable food and drink stands, and sell a few hundred extra tickets. I bet they could even set up some portable bleachers on the kids diamond, bet you could fit 500 up there if they did that. And by limiting access to the upper and lower decks, they wouldn't overcrowd the other concessions and bathrooms.

peeonwrigley
09-26-2005, 12:43 PM
But in 2000, there wasn't a policy of preventing UD seatholders from going down to the 100 level (that was pre-Ligue/Dybas...thanks, jerks).

I think this kind of supports the rationale for selling SROs. In 2000 the UD ticket holders (and there were more of them before the seats were removed) could be in the lower level and congest the concourse.

I could be wrong but I would think playoff baseball would incline the seatholders in the bleachers/outfield to stay in their seats rather than watch from the concourse.

Now if they don't sell around 1,000 SROs it just seems to me as wasted opportunity for revenue.

I bought SRO for the Angels game on Memorial Day and it was more expensive than any UD ticket ($13 @ half price).

rdwj
09-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Seems like they should sell fan deck tickets at least. There is plenty of room for SRO seating. I was kinda surprised no SRO's have been offered yet.

BRDSR
09-26-2005, 01:33 PM
Maybe an option would be to sell SRO tickets allowing fans to watch from the Fundamentals area. I doubt many people are spending that kind of money on playoff tickets so they can play up there with their kids anyway. So shut it down for the playoffs, put in some portable toilets, some portable food and drink stands, and sell a few hundred extra tickets. I bet they could even set up some portable bleachers on the kids diamond, bet you could fit 500 up there if they did that. And by limiting access to the upper and lower decks, they wouldn't overcrowd the other concessions and bathrooms.

Now, that sounds like a good idea to you...and that sounds like a good idea to me...but I'm guessing there is some sort of zoning restriction about the Fundamentals area that prohibits selling permanent viewing admission to that area. I don't know, could be wrong.

TheUglyStepChild
10-24-2005, 04:45 AM
Okay so here is the deal... my brother was going to the Bears game this morning, and was supposed to call me afterwards to meet out at a bar to watch the WS G2. I live on the south side, he lives out in the burbs.

I watched what I can only describe as one of the most thrillingly odd games of baseball that I've ever seen and was uncontrollably excited... until the following conversation. When my brother called me on my cell phone. "Hey Rob awesome game Go Sox"
"Yeah bud, where did you see the game you never called"
"We just left the game"
"No I meant where did you watch the game"
"Yeah we just left the cell"
"What the f*** are you talking about, how did you get tickets?"
"They were selling SRO for $50"
"And you didn't f-ing call me... I live five blocks away."
"I didn't think about it"
"I can't talk to you right now..." I hung up..

Now I've been a Sox fan in the suburbs my entire life... fought with Cubs fans forever, and my brother has been a wavering fan at best. Him not calling me is grounds for never speaking to him again, especially since I'm 5 blocks from Comisky (The Cell). Now everywhere I read says there are no available SRO's for the World Series...

What's up here???????

Fuller_Schettman
10-24-2005, 05:01 AM
Okay so here is the deal... my brother was going to the Bears game this morning, and was supposed to call me afterwards to meet out at a bar to watch the WS G2. I live on the south side, he lives out in the burbs.

I watched what I can only describe as one of the most thrillingly odd games of baseball that I've ever seen and was uncontrollably excited... until the following conversation. When my brother called me on my cell phone. "Hey Rob awesome game Go Sox"
"We just left the game"

Now I've been a Sox fan in the suburbs my entire life... fought with Cubs fans forever, and my brother has been a wavering fan at best. Him not calling me is grounds for never speaking to him again, especially since I'm 5 blocks from Comisky (The Cell). Now everywhere I read says there are no available SRO's for the World Series...

What's up here???????

Wow, that there is a tough one to swallow, my friend!

But check this out. The Sox are gonna be World Champions! And you need to experience the total joy of that. Not be distracted by Family Feud.

Give your brother the benefit of the doubt and give him a pass. And enjoy the hell out of what is left of this incredible season.

But ACT NOW! Only 2 days remain!!!

TheUglyStepChild
10-24-2005, 05:07 AM
I am not very happy with my brother but I'm not seriously starting a fued over it.

Though he will owe me a lot of beers out at the bars for the next couple of games.

I was more interested in knowing if he actually got SRO tickets or if he is messing with me. I wasn't able to get ahold of him after I actually cooled down. I don't expect the series to go to 6 games... but if it does I want to be first in line and it's killing me right now that I live so close and didn't know that they were selling if they are available.

Also... random comment... every time I try and log in with my other boardname the website freezes and won't load... anyone know what that is?

Fuller_Schettman
10-24-2005, 05:23 AM
My guess is that your other name has been disabled. Same thing happens with my old retired handle.

They are not big here on multiple personalities or alter egos.

Or multiple organisms

SouthSide_HitMen
10-24-2005, 03:25 PM
I am not very happy with my brother but I'm not seriously starting a fued over it.

Though he will owe me a lot of beers out at the bars for the next couple of games.

I was more interested in knowing if he actually got SRO tickets or if he is messing with me. I wasn't able to get ahold of him after I actually cooled down. I don't expect the series to go to 6 games... but if it does I want to be first in line and it's killing me right now that I live so close and didn't know that they were selling if they are available.

Also... random comment... every time I try and log in with my other boardname the website freezes and won't load... anyone know what that is?

Trust me there was not such thing as a standing room only ticket. He could have had a ticket and decided to stand. The only people in the stadium besides workers without tickets were media and other credentialled people which they ID before letting in (checking ID name with pass name).

steff
10-24-2005, 05:26 PM

"We just left the game"

What's up here???????

He told you a fib.

StockdaleForVeep
10-24-2005, 05:30 PM
I havent noticed but are people standing on the fundamentals deck? I know if u have an UD ticket u can go there and its a much better viewpoint there. But i havent notived a swarm of fans up there

steff
10-24-2005, 05:31 PM
I havent noticed but are people standing on the fundamentals deck? I know if u have an UD ticket u can go there and its a much better viewpoint there. But i havent notived a swarm of fans up there

Because ESPN rented it. Gammons, Reynolds & Co have been broadcasting from there.

Tekijawa
10-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Steff was that you for about 3 seconds before game 2, or maybe it was game one, on the Fox telecast? It looked like you... but I wasn't sure.