PDA

View Full Version : It was the Vests!

Hangar18
09-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Im glad they wore the vests the rest of the homestand, I told them we'd win!

starboy0
09-26-2005, 08:45 AM
I wore my vest to the game.

voodoochile
09-26-2005, 09:33 AM
I disagree...

It was Cheeses' fake sunny day thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58159). Some might even say it was because the reverend killed a ferret and found a lucky possum.

Me? I think it's because the team made a decision to stand up like the big bad professional ball players they are and do something about what fate was doing to them.

It seemed to start with Jermaine putting on his game face and coming out swinging and it rolled like a wave through the rest of the team.

Hey toons' fans... who's got pressure now? Not the Sox who got Boston and NY hot on their ass with a division lead that suddenly looks MUCH more daunting and magic number that looks MUCH smaller than it did on Friday.

I HATE the toons. It couldn't happen to a nicer team if they fell completely out of the playoffs. I mean cripes they just lost a must win game to KC...:)

fquaye149
09-26-2005, 09:49 AM

Hangar, for someone who hates Cub fans.......

Maybe we should blow up the other home uniforms and serve them in a plate of spaghetti?

kevingrt
09-26-2005, 11:34 AM

Totally agree with you Hangar, the vests did the job. Too bad we can't wear them on the road.

Hangar18
09-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Totally agree with you Hangar, the vests did the job. Too bad we can't wear them on the road.

I have a funny feeling they will be wearing the Vests throughout the Playoffs....

MUsoxfan
09-26-2005, 11:42 AM

I think it was me sitting there with my fingers crossed with 6 Sox shirts on and taking a sip of beer with every Indian out. Thank God for me.

skobabe8
09-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Someone email Brooks about redesigning the road uni's into vests!

schmitty9800
09-26-2005, 11:48 AM
The Twins trotting out a lineup without Shannon Stewart, Justin Morneau, Jacque Jones, and Joe Mauer didn't have anything to do with it...

peeonwrigley
09-26-2005, 11:50 AM
The Twins trotting out a lineup without Shannon Stewart, Justin Morneau, Jacque Jones, and Joe Mauer didn't have anything to do with it...

Ha, yeah. When I got to the stadium Sunday and saw the Twinkie lineup I wanted to head down to their dugout and give Ron Gardenhire a big hug.

Nothing like AAA Crap to get Burly-mon back on his game.

SOXPHILE
09-26-2005, 12:13 PM
I thought it was because of our old friend sitting behind home plate in the yellow M & M's jacket....

Hangar18
09-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Ha, yeah. When I got to the stadium Sunday and saw the Twinkie lineup I wanted to head down to their dugout and give Ron Gardenhire a big hug.

When I saw the VESTS on .......... I knew we were gonna keep on winning

Jjav829
09-26-2005, 03:19 PM
:rolleyes:

The Sox haven't lost since I flipped my Sox cap over. Coincidence? I think not. You can thank me when we win the World Series...:cool:

nordhagen
09-26-2005, 04:46 PM

Of course they could have put Jacque Jones in there and it wouldn't have made a difference since he's about 1-for-100 career against Buehrle. The Twins not having Koskie or Guzman didn't hurt either. But they did have to contend with the ever-dangerous Matthew LEEEE-Croy

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Love the vests...make road vests or black vests with white t's underneath.

Oh wait, another uniform modification thread...my bad.

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-26-2005, 09:33 PM
:rolleyes:

The Sox haven't lost since I flipped my Sox cap over. Coincidence? I think not. You can thank me when we win the World Series...:cool:
So much for that theory, huh?