PDA

View Full Version : Year in Review Video from 9/25/05

spiffie
09-26-2005, 05:39 AM
Before the game yesterday (and afterwards as well) they showed an absolutely wonderful montage that went through the year month-by-month showing all the highlights and just really putting this season in awesome perspective. I was wondering if anyone who was there and saw it knows what the background music piece was, and more generally, does anyone know if the Sox have made this available online anywhere. I looked on the website, but I swear that site can be so difficult to navigate that there's probably a Minotaur in the middle of it.

chisoxfan83
09-26-2005, 06:50 AM
I do not know the music on it. I will say though the video was classic, I even saw alot of the players watching it very closely. That is one thing I have to say about the scoreboard/video people they know how to put great movies together. I just kind of stood there in awe watching it.

TomBradley72
09-26-2005, 07:48 AM
I do not know the music on it. I will say though the video was classic, I even saw alot of the players watching it very closely. That is one thing I have to say about the scoreboard/video people they know how to put great movies together. I just kind of stood there in awe watching it.

I wish they could find a way to package all of the videos they've used at the park this year on to a single DVD (ie. opening montage, fight song video, the one mentioned in this thread)...I'd be first in line...

DrummerGeorgefan
09-26-2005, 07:49 AM

I specifically noticed Paulie and Dye watching it was they were warming up in left field. It was funny to see them do their running and then just stop stone cold and stare up at the screen.

mike squires
09-26-2005, 08:49 AM
I can't wait to get the the 05 in review that they sell at the park. Hopefuly they put it on there along with the intro they use on the scoreboard before the game.

duke of dorwood
09-26-2005, 08:51 AM
I wish they could find a way to package all of the videos they've used at the park this year on to a single DVD (ie. opening montage, fight song video, the one mentioned in this thread)...I'd be first in line...

And what a way to raise charity $ for Red Cross or White Sox Charities

jshanahanjr
09-26-2005, 09:30 AM
It was plain awesome! I was so pumped up while seeing it. Sox Park was electric yesterday. Way to go Sox Fans! Your the best around.:supernana:

TomBradley72
09-26-2005, 10:07 AM
And what a way to raise charity $ for Red Cross or White Sox Charities

I emailed Brooks this morning on this...here's his reply (for what it's worth...I told him he could replace the expensive music with "generic equivalents" and fans would still be just as interested):
Thanks for the note. You are right about the music. That is the big sticking point. Without the music, some of the videos just are not the same.

Our scoreboard team had done an outstanding job this season. A note like this reflects the solid work they have done and is the ultimate compliment, when the fans appreciate what is being shown on the Diamond Vision.

All the best,

Brooks

anewman35
09-26-2005, 10:39 AM

Maybe they'll be extras on the 2005 World Series Champions DVD.

Revolution29
09-26-2005, 12:10 PM
I saw this too and have to agree that it just plain rocked! Looked like something out of a movie, IMO. Great way to get pumped for a game. Too bad that they can't have things like this on Fox during the playoffs (I won't even begin to go down that road), as opposed to all that movie tie-in crap. Oh well, I guess that this is just one more thing that makes the Cell such a unique and awesome place to catch a game!!!