PDA

View Full Version : 35th Street Viaduct Drummer

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-25-2005, 10:28 PM
walking to the car after the sox game today, there was that guy who used to play under the viaduct who i havent seen for 2 years. I guess its because i dont park that direction anymore. Anywho, that drummer does not drum to a "cubs suck" beat. He used to sing "The real sox fans say..GO SOX!" Those dudes making the "cubs suck" chant out of it were really stupid. who cares about the cubs? well all know they're done. who honestly cares? What we do care about is that "THE BABY'S FIRST WORDS WERE...GO SOX!"..Just making that clear...:gulp:

LuvSox
09-25-2005, 10:30 PM
He used to alternate between "Go Sox" and "Cubs Suck". Trust me, nobody else was standing next to him singing along.

fuzzy_patters
09-25-2005, 10:33 PM
It was "Cleveland sucks" today. I can't disagree with him.

LuvSox
09-25-2005, 10:34 PM
It was "Cleveland sucks" today. I can't disagree with him.

He keeps informed, doesn't he.

mike squires
09-25-2005, 10:41 PM
My guess is they say whatever will put you in a better mood which puts more change in the bucket...

Soxfanspcu11
09-25-2005, 10:43 PM
It's stupid? Im sorry but you have no clue what you are talking about. You have NEVER walked down there after a great sox win and heard how crazy it is with EVERYONE under that bridge screaming "CUBS SUCK". It's one of the best feelings about going to a game. Why do you have to find fault with everything??? Just because "you" dont like it doesn't mean it sucks buddy. You are the ONLY person I have heard say something so moronic. Tell that to the thousands of countless fans that "that sucks". I don't like to stir up **** on here cause we are all sox fans but that stupid thread and comment really got me going because honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about.

LuvSox
09-25-2005, 10:44 PM
My guess is they say whatever will put you in a better mood which puts more change in the bucket...

..bam bam bam bam bam "You're getting laid when you get home" bam bam bam bam bam.........

mike squires
09-25-2005, 10:54 PM
It's stupid? Im sorry but you have no clue what you are talking about. You have NEVER walked down there after a great sox win and heard how crazy it is with EVERYONE under that bridge screaming "CUBS SUCK". It's one of the best feelings about going to a game. Why do you have to find fault with everything??? Just because "you" dont like it doesn't mean it sucks buddy. You are the ONLY person I have heard say something so moronic. Tell that to the thousands of countless fans that "that sucks". I don't like to stir up **** on here cause we are all sox fans but that stupid thread and comment really got me going because honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about.

:?: Easy there bud. I think we have more things to worry about than something like this...

SouthSide_HitMen
09-25-2005, 10:56 PM
I give $1 to the classy Jazz guy on the Northwest corner when I have one. Guys hitting a plastic bucket are not in my radar.

I agree with the who cares about the Cubs sentiment - they are beneath us in every sense of the word.

Soxfanspcu11
09-25-2005, 10:58 PM
:?: Easy there bud. I think we have more things to worry about than something like this...

Yes probably, but it's idiotic posts such as the thread starter here that are really just not needed. Clearly this person has no idea what they are talking about. You can't attack something if you don't know the first thing about it! Well maybe you can, but then you yourself can be attacked for having absolutely no knowledge, it happens all to often and the Keiser does not like it:angry:

Brian26
09-25-2005, 11:28 PM
I give $1 to the classy Jazz guy on the Northwest corner when I have one. Guys hitting a plastic bucket are not in my radar.

Yeah, that cat does a nice job. You're talking about the corner just before the 35th EL station, right?

Palehose13
09-25-2005, 11:44 PM
walking to the car after the sox game today, there was that guy who used to play under the viaduct who i havent seen for 2 years. I guess its because i dont park that direction anymore. Anywho, that drummer does not drum to a "cubs suck" beat. He used to sing "The real sox fans say..GO SOX!" Those dudes making the "cubs suck" chant out of it were really stupid. who cares about the cubs? well all know they're done. who honestly cares? What we do care about is that "THE BABY'S FIRST WORDS WERE...GO SOX!"..Just making that clear...:gulp:

I totally agree with you, so what's the deal with your user name? :tongue:

LuvSox
09-25-2005, 11:48 PM
I totally agree with you, so what's the deal with your user name? :tongue:.

mr_genius
09-25-2005, 11:49 PM
I totally agree with you, so what's the deal with your user name?

burn

SouthSide_HitMen
09-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Yeah, that cat does a nice job. You're talking about the corner just before the 35th EL station, right?

Exactly

CLR01
09-26-2005, 05:28 AM

I agree, there is nothing more satisfying after a Sox win than chanting Cubs suck. It is definitely the best thing about going to a Sox game and I think it should become the official chant of the White Sox.:rolleyes:

It is stupid. Who cares about the Cubs besides a handful of drunken frat boys? No wonder everyone says Sox fans care more about the Cubs than the Sox. Thanks for doing your part buddy. :thumbsup:

ozzman
09-26-2005, 06:30 AM
I remember seeing him and taking part in the chant of go sox, cubs suck after a sox victory over the cubs. everyone was into it, it was great. however, the guy is a turncoat. i went up to the metro on the el for a show a few years ago and he was up there doing the same thing with go cubs, sox suck after a cubs game

chisoxfanatic
09-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Hey, no dissing the 35th St. viaduct drummer...He's friggen AWESOME!

I can't get the beat of that drum out of my head even now...I'm gonna miss him during the offseason and hope he returns next season!

"The true south sider knows the way to say: 'Cubs suck!'"

ktssox
09-26-2005, 10:26 AM
He keeps informed, doesn't he.

I was at the Sox/Twins game last year when Torii Hunter ran over Jamie Burke, and when we left the stadium he was saying "Torii Sucks." So, yes, he certainly does keep informed.

peeonwrigley
09-26-2005, 10:28 AM
I remember seeing him and taking part in the chant of go sox, cubs suck after a sox victory over the cubs. everyone was into it, it was great. however, the guy is a turncoat. i went up to the metro on the el for a show a few years ago and he was up there doing the same thing with go cubs, sox suck after a cubs game

:thud:

Shocking.

tacosalbarojas
09-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, that cat does a nice job. You're talking about the corner just before the 35th EL station, right?He'd fit nicely in a front line with Hank Mobley and Kenny Dorham.

JeffIsTHEMAN
09-26-2005, 01:18 PM

The bun for my hot dog wasn't fresh.

chitownhawkfan
09-26-2005, 01:56 PM
While I dont prescribe to the notion of pretending the Cubs dont exist, I dont understand the Cubs suck chant unless we are playing the Cubs. Otherwise it is just silly. I wouldnt mind a Cleveland Sucks, or Twins sucks, or whoever it is we are playing, but there should be a Cubs suck only three times a year when we play them.

Sad
09-26-2005, 02:06 PM
While I dont prescribe to the notion of pretending the Cubs dont exist, I dont understand the Cubs suck chant unless we are playing the Cubs. Otherwise it is just silly. I wouldnt mind a Cleveland Sucks, or Twins sucks, or whoever it is we are playing, but there should be a Cubs suck only three times a year when we play them.

agreed... some of that anti-Cub crap is old already...

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-26-2005, 03:10 PM

ok, you seriously need to chill out. sit down for a while and count to ten. Yeah, because the best thing after a WHITE SOX victory is hear cubs suck. (by the way, i didnt even make my user name. it was my brothers who was a poster here and i didnt want to lose the posts) How is it "moronic". Im stating my opinion and if you dont like it, dont proclaim it to the world. "How do i find fault with everything" what the **** are you talking about. The chant was GO SOX not CUBS SUCK. Shut the hell up you troll :dtroll:

antitwins13
09-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey!!! the 35th street drummer is a treasure. I always join in on the Cubs suck chant, and for all of you Sox fans who try to act like you don't hate the Cubs you're not only a Cub hater but you're also a liar.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:BnKex_r85_0J:www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/musicians/BucketDrummer.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/musicians/BucketDrummer.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/musicians/BucketDrummer.php&h=600&w=410&sz=41&tbnid=BnKex_r85_0J:&tbnh=133&tbnw=90&hl=en&start=4&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhomeless%2Bdrummer%26svnum%3D10%26hl% 3Den%26lr%3D) Long live 35th street drummer!

Hangar18
09-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Hey!!! the 35th street drummer is a treasure. I always join in on the Cubs suck chant, and for all of you Sox fans who try to act like you don't hate the Cubs you're not only a Cub hater but you're also a liar.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:BnKex_r85_0J:www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/musicians/BucketDrummer.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/musicians/BucketDrummer.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/musicians/BucketDrummer.php&h=600&w=410&sz=41&tbnid=BnKex_r85_0J:&tbnh=133&tbnw=90&hl=en&start=4&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhomeless%2Bdrummer%26svnum%3D10%26hl% 3Den%26lr%3D) Long live 35th street drummer!

I hate the Cubs Too!

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-26-2005, 03:51 PM
How am i dissing him, he's the man, i love his chants. Im just sayin i like GO SOX better...Sheesh

spiffie
09-26-2005, 03:55 PM
How am i dissing him, he's the man, i love his chants. Im just sayin i like GO SOX better...Sheesh

*looks up at the user name*

Ummm...

*looks up again*

just sayin' is all ;)

CLR01
09-26-2005, 03:59 PM

Yeah thats it. Looks like I am busted. :rolleyes:

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-26-2005, 04:01 PM
THIS ISNT MY USER NAME! God damn il go back to the ArmyofNeems

TheArmyOfNeems
09-26-2005, 04:04 PM
There..are you guys happy?

CLR01
09-26-2005, 04:05 PM
No, pick one of them.

TheArmyOfNeems
09-26-2005, 04:05 PM
No, pick one of them.
aww

CLR01
09-26-2005, 04:14 PM
aww

or don't there is always door number 2.

Soxfanspcu11
09-26-2005, 04:20 PM
ok, you seriously need to chill out. sit down for a while and count to ten. Yeah, because the best thing after a WHITE SOX victory is hear cubs suck. (by the way, i didnt even make my user name. it was my brothers who was a poster here and i didnt want to lose the posts) How is it "moronic". Im stating my opinion and if you dont like it, dont proclaim it to the world. "How do i find fault with everything" what the **** are you talking about. The chant was GO SOX not CUBS SUCK. Shut the hell up you troll :dtroll:

Umm, yeah why dont you take your own advice and count to ten. At the beginning of your response you are trying to be calm and collected and then you freak out on me and call me a troll? Wow! Im shocked I dont know what to say! So basically your telling me that the thousands of people who chant "Cubs suck" are all wrong because you think the chant should be "Go Sox"? Thats fine, you can have your opinion but dont go around saying its "stupid" that other sox fans enjoy it. I dont "like" you calling me a troll, infact I dont appreciate it, I am the furthest thing from it, and you jumping to crazy conclusions is ridiculous. Your a die-hard sox fan right? How would you like it if I called you a troll? What are we 14 year olds? Resorting to name calling when you don't agree? If you dont like it fine, but dont call what many others, especially white sox fans enjoy "stupid"

TheArmyOfNeems
09-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Umm, yeah why dont you take your own advice and count to ten. At the beginning of your response you are trying to be calm and collected and then you freak out on me and call me a troll? Wow! Im shocked I dont know what to say! So basically your telling me that the thousands of people who chant "Cubs suck" are all wrong because you think the chant should be "Go Sox"? Thats fine, you can have your opinion but dont go around saying its "stupid" that other sox fans enjoy it. I dont "like" you calling me a troll, infact I dont appreciate it, I am the furthest thing from it, and you jumping to crazy conclusions is ridiculous. Your a die-hard sox fan right? How would you like it if I called you a troll? What are we 14 year olds? Resorting to name calling when you don't agree? If you dont like it fine, but dont call what many others, especially white sox fans enjoy "stupid"

So now im freaking out because i called you a troll? when did i ever say it was wrong to chant cubs suck. i just said i prefer to chant GO SOX. Why do you keep trying to defend ur opinion. Stop proclaiming to the world that you think chanting CUBS SUCK is better than chanting GO SOX. I said it was stupid to chant CUBS SUCK after a WHITE SOX VICTORY. You shouldnt even care what other people think of you. I'm really sorry i hurt your feelings.

kittle42
09-26-2005, 04:31 PM
:threadsucksWell, it does!

spiffie
09-26-2005, 04:42 PM
There..are you guys happy?

I don't care either way. Personally, I am always up for a good round of Cub mocking. Just felt it kind of hurt your cause to complain about unnecessary Cub bashing when your name is an example of it. To me, there's never such a thing as unnecessary Cub bashing. But others will disagree. But you were kind of stuck arguing with yourself it seemed like.

But really, why quibble, when we're a week away from watching our boys in the playoffs?

Soxfanspcu11
09-27-2005, 11:42 AM
So now im freaking out because i called you a troll? when did i ever say it was wrong to chant cubs suck. i just said i prefer to chant GO SOX. Why do you keep trying to defend ur opinion. Stop proclaiming to the world that you think chanting CUBS SUCK is better than chanting GO SOX. I said it was stupid to chant CUBS SUCK after a WHITE SOX VICTORY. You shouldnt even care what other people think of you. I'm really sorry i hurt your feelings.

Your right, I shouldnt care what others think of me but we are all white sox fans on here so yeah I do care, me and you have probably high-fived each other after a sox victory so we shouldn't be fighting over it. Thats fine that you don't like the "Cubs Suck" chant but my problem with it was that you were calling it stupid, and many other fans enjoy it. You just shouldn't insult other fans. Like I said, if you don't like it just say something like "Why should we chant Cubs suck, it has nothing to do with the White Sox, I really don't think it's a good thing to do". But if I recall correctly you just called it stupid. You didn't hurt my feelings lol, you can say whatever you want and feel however you want to feel, but why the need to say something is "stupid" and then call me a troll? It's just inconsiderate. I could see you calling me that if I made a post that said "Sox Suck" or "I love the Cubs or cleveland" but I would NEVER do that cause I am a die-hard sox fan! So yeah that upset me a little bit because it's so far from the truth. Again, if someone called you a troll, I'm sure you wouldn't be to happy.

petekat
09-27-2005, 01:05 PM
this guy is anywhere and everywhere and creative. Friend say him once chanting: "Michael Flatley...Lord of the Dance" in front of a theater. We've tried to get him to chant "Cubs suck" when he's in front of the train station downtown- which he will do if you tip him

..bam bam bam bam bam "You're getting laid when you get home" bam bam bam bam bam.........

SOXintheBURGH
09-27-2005, 01:59 PM
:threadsucksWell, it does!

Boy howdy!

:crossdresser

Andy T Clown
09-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Can anybody say Roadhouse?:angry: