PDA

View Full Version : Attention Chicago White Sox Organization - Let's Keep John Rooney

Realist
09-25-2005, 10:22 PM
In 2005 we've seen huge strides made in the public relations department of the Chicago White Sox. A very hard working and effective winning team has been put on the field, the ad campaigns finally strike a chord within the hearts of White Sox fans, the Cell has become a home that we can all be very proud of and has become a place that is closer to the comfort of White Sox fans than many of could ever have thought possible.

To now lose one of, if not the premier broadcasters in all of sports, Mr. John Rooney, would be a tragic step backwards for the organization. I find it very hard to believe that retaining Mr. Rooney is an impossibility. Where there's a will there's a way. It is the will of Chicago White Sox fans as well, I'm certain, the Chicago White Sox organization to not see John Rooney leave our family. Surely there must be a way to put a stop to this nonsense of him leaving us.

One idea that a close friend of mine, and fellow die hard Sox fan, came up with is to have Mr. Reinsdorf match every dollar that Sox fans put up to keep John Rooney with us. I don't know how realistically such a proposal could be implemented, but I do see that such a plan could turn a potential PR set back into a positive. By doing this, much would be done to further eradicate the negative image that the current front office management has little respect for White Sox history.

I believe the great job that Mr. Boyer has done to bridge the gap between the Chicago White Sox organization and its fans base would make a huge leap in the positive direction by such a joint venture. Together we would be pulling to make a positive out of a potentially very negative situation and together we would grow. If we were to pull this off, the White Sox as well as the fan base could be greatly strengthened.

Perhaps this entire post should be colored in the deep pink font that represents a pipe dream, but I find it very difficult to believe that something can't be worked out. We can't let a radio station make such a foolhearted and shortsighted decision to erase so much of the good that's been done to strengthen the White Sox organization as well as its fan base with one non-swoop of the pen. There must be some way the Sox and their fans can pull together to avert this potential PR nightmare.

If this idea of the White Sox matching every dollar the White Sox fans put up to retain John Rooney were to be put into effect, I'll gladly be the first to kick in the first $100.

Ol' No. 2
09-25-2005, 10:24 PM
In 2005 we've seen huge strides made in the public relations department of the Chicago White Sox. A very hard working and effective winning team has been put on the field, the ad campaigns finally strike a chord within the hearts of White Sox fans, the Cell has become a home that we can all be very proud of and has become a place that is closer to the comfort of White Sox fans than many of could ever have thought possible.

To now lose one of, if not the premier broadcasters in all of sports, Mr. John Rooney, would be a tragic step backwards for the organization. I find it very hard to believe that retaining Mr. Rooney is an impossibility. Where there's a will there's a way. It is the will of Chicago White Sox fans as well, I'm certain, the Chicago White Sox organization to not see John Rooney leave our family. Surely there must be a way to put a stop to this nonsense of him leaving us.

One idea that a close friend of mine, and fellow die hard Sox fan, came up with is to have Mr. Reinsdorf match every dollar that Sox fans put up to keep John Rooney with us. I don't know how realistically such a proposal could be implemented, but I do see that such a plan could turn a potential PR set back into a positive. By doing this, much would be done to further eradicate the negative image that the current front office management has little respect for White Sox history.

I believe the great job that Mr. Boyer has done to bridge the gap between the Chicago White Sox organization and its fans base would make a huge leap in the positive direction by such a joint venture. Together we would be pulling to make a positive out of a potentially very negative situation and together we would grow. If we were to pull this off, the White Sox as well as the fan base could be greatly strengthened.

Perhaps this entire post should be colored in the deep pink font that represents a pipe dream, but I find it very difficult to believe that something can't be worked out. We can't let a radio station make such a foolhearted and shortsighted decision to erase so much of the good that's been done to strengthen the White Sox organization as well as its fan base with one non-swoop of the pen. There must be some way the Sox and their fans can pull together to avert this potential PR nightmare.

If this idea of the White Sox matching every dollar the White Sox fans put up to retain John Rooney were to be put into effect, I'll gladly be the first to kick in the first $100.How did you get your name?

Realist
09-25-2005, 10:27 PM
How did you get your name?

First prize was a new car. Second prize was a set of steak knives. Third prize was the name Realist. :redneck

I think the reference to "deep pink" gives a hint that I'm still fairly grounded about the whole idea.

Erik The Red
09-26-2005, 01:04 AM
Anything to keep Rooney. I'm in, if this gets off the ground.

SoxFanTillDeath
09-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Anything to keep Rooney. I'm in, if this gets off the ground.

I love Rooney, but I'd give my $100 just to ensure that Farmer doesn't do PBP next year. Great analyst, but he's like a bedtime story when it comes to PBP. Rooney is the best in the business and the Sox should do whatever it takes to keep him as a part of their broadcast team. I know it's mostly not their call, but it is their team and there ought to be something they can do.

MsSoxVixen22
09-26-2005, 10:28 AM
If we can do something about it, I'm down

BainesHOF
09-26-2005, 10:38 AM
For fans to directly help pay Rooney's salary is ridiculous.

It's also ridiculous the Score and the Sox are not giving Rooney a raise to bring him back. You'd think the Sox would have learned by their Harry Caray fiasco. While this isn't as bad, it's still bad.

What's wrong with those people responsible for not bringing Rooney back?!

kevingrt
09-26-2005, 10:42 AM

If this idea of the White Sox matching every dollar the White Sox fans put up to retain John Rooney were to be put into effect, I'll gladly be the first to kick in the first $100.

I think the most any Sox fan can do is run into the WSCR's offices and yell and complain. I think if a couple people idd it everyday they might get fed up and just let Sox fans get what they want.

Really though, I love Rooney, but the chances of getting him back now are slim. It's so sad.

FARMEO
09-26-2005, 10:47 AM
The Sox ensured that Rooney would receive a raise from the Score with the new radio contract. However, Rooney turned down the offer from the Score - they are responsible for hiring the broadcasters.

Madvora
09-26-2005, 10:55 AM
I think it's the Score's fault, not the White Sox.

Blancos Medias
09-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Is there any chance of bringing Rooney to tv? He'd probably do great there, remember the days of Don Drysdale?

How long is the current tv broadcast team signed for? Just curious, because when Paciorek was let go it seemed sudden.

I liked Paciorek, not sure why he vanished.

DickAllen72
09-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Hire Rooney to do play by play on TV.

SOXSINCE'70
09-26-2005, 09:05 PM
I think it's the Score's fault, not the White Sox.

Too bad they can't use any of North's money to right this wrong.
Hey,Mike Murphy still has a job (but has no clue);why not fire his sorry
butt and there's more money for Rooney's salary. :D: :D:

wdelaney72
09-26-2005, 10:03 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Guys, he's a friggin' announcer. He's got nothing to do with the play on the field. Yes, he's great and I'll miss him, and yes, Farm-e-o will be brutal doing PBP, but man, HE"S NOT COMING BACK. Rooney is gone. Time to get used to it.

:threadsucks

Brian26
09-26-2005, 10:12 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Guys, he's a friggin' announcer. He's got nothing to do with the play on the field.

True...but that doesn't mean his job isn't just as important...sometimes even moreso.

miker
09-27-2005, 12:30 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Guys, he's a friggin' announcer. He's got nothing to do with the play on the field. Yes, he's great and I'll miss him, and yes, Farm-e-o will be brutal doing PBP, but man, HE"S NOT COMING BACK. Rooney is gone. Time to get used to it.
Our first official "Announcer Dark Cloud"!

wdelaney72
09-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Our first official "Announcer Dark Cloud"!

Actually, I'm quite the opposite. I'm saying let's just enjoy the team and move on. If you're calling me a dark cloud for saying Farmer will be brutal...
a) You must not listen to him much
b) I'll be among a very large grouping of people that agree that his PBP sucks.