PDA

View Full Version : "Choke" not in White Sox vocabulary

hose
09-25-2005, 08:10 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20050925&content_id=1224077&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp
............There are individuals in the Chicago media whose primary mission in life in recent weeks seems to be calling the White Sox chokers.

Excellent article!!!!!!!!

DumpJerry
09-25-2005, 08:17 PM
I am now convinced that after we lost on Thursday last week to the Twinks, the team said "enough of making this interesting, time to get it over with!" I base this on the fact that suddenly they have looked like the Sox we loved and adored April-June. The Division should be clinch the night before we go to Cleveland making the Cleveland series meaningless to us, but serious for the Tribe because they will probably need to sweep us to ensure the WC spot. I don't think the Sox will be in the mood to lay down to the Tribe.

After the game ended today, I called my brother the Flub fan/Cleveland resident and fan to gloat. He said "there's plenty of baseball left." I told him that there wasn't, time had run out.

Just my humble assessment of the situation.

hose
09-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Tell your brother that grill he sees in his rear view mirrow has a Bos/NY logo on it and they are right on his bumper about to pass him up.:cool:

DrCrawdad
09-25-2005, 08:33 PM
Of course I hope the Sox win the World Series this year, and IF they do I'd like to get a tee-shirt with this to wear when the Sox play Cleveland, Minn and the Cubs:

CHOKE ON THIS!
2005 WORLD CHAMPS!

chisoxfanatic
09-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Of course I hope the Sox win the World Series this year, and IF they do I'd like to get a tee-shirt with this to wear when the Sox play Cleveland, Minn and the Cubs:

CHOKE ON THIS!
2005 WORLD CHAMPS!

Why don't you make your own shirt and sell them right by the guy who bangs on his drums underneath the 35th St. viaduct to the beat of "CUBS SUCK!"

Jenks4Pres
09-25-2005, 08:41 PM

CHOKE ON THIS!
2005 WORLD CHAMPS!

I'll get one of those t-shirts if we win the central!

DumpJerry
09-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Tell your brother that grill he sees in his rear view mirrow has a Bos/NY logo on it and they are right on his bumper about to pass him up.:cool:
It gets better. He put his daughter (7 years old) on the phone whose mantra since she can talk is "Sox suck!" (I reported my brother to Child Protection in Ohio). She started up with the Sox suck stuff and I decided she is now old enough to take it from me. I told her if the Sox suck, the Indians are worse since we are going to the World Series and they aren't. She insisted the Tribe is going to the WS. She then informed me her 4 year old brother is a Sox fan.

The niece and nephew have birthdays 3 days apart. This year the nephew gets from me an expensive gift, niece gets lumps of coal. That'll teach her.

chisoxfanatic
09-25-2005, 08:56 PM
It gets better. He put his daughter (7 years old) on the phone whose mantra since she can talk is "Sox suck!" (I reported my brother to Child Protection in Ohio). She started up with the Sox suck stuff and I decided she is now old enough to take it from me. I told her if the Sox suck, the Indians are worse since we are going to the World Series and they aren't. She insisted the Tribe is going to the WS. She then informed me her 4 year old brother is a Sox fan.

The niece and nephew have birthdays 3 days apart. This year the nephew gets from me an expensive gift, niece gets lumps of coal. That'll teach her.

How about you send her a one-way ticket to visit Ronnie Woo Woo!!! :cool:

TheDarkGundam
09-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Whoever makes the shirts for WSI: It is your duty to make "Choke on This" shirts if we win the central

chisoxfanatic
09-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Whoever makes the shirts for WSI: It is your duty to make "Choke on This" shirts if we win the central

For requests, contact:

Doublem23
c/o Whitesoxinteractive
Chicago, IL 60616

Since he's got so much time on his hands from staying down there in PTown, he'd gladly honor your request!!!

:redneck

Ol' No. 2
09-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Tell your brother that grill he sees in his rear view mirrow has a Bos/NY logo on it and they are right on his bumper about to pass him up.:cool:And they both play tomorrow while the Toons are idle. Chances are high that there's going to be a tie in the WC race tomorrow night and there's not a damn thing the Indians can do about it.

tifosiv122
09-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Why don't you make your own shirt and sell them right by the guy who bangs on his drums underneath the 35th St. viaduct to the beat of "CUBS SUCK!"

That guy is my idol...

Erik

chisoxfanatic
09-25-2005, 09:26 PM
That guy is my idol...

Erik

He has become part of the fabric of the whole White Sox baseball experience!!!

OEO Magglio
09-25-2005, 09:45 PM
This is honestly the best article I've read all season.

DrCrawdad
09-25-2005, 09:58 PM

The shirts may work out even IF the Sox don't win the World Series. You could have, "CHOKE ON THIS. WHITE SOX '05 AL CENTRAL CHAMPS. 9X - 6X."

1951Campbell
09-25-2005, 10:08 PM

CHOKE ON THIS!
2005 WORLD CHAMPS!

Or this twist on a favorite from the '92 election:

Annoy the Media
Root for the White Sox

TornLabrum
09-25-2005, 10:16 PM
It is difficult to get a balanced reading on the Sox locally because the atmosphere was probably overly ecstatic earlier in the season and has undoubtedly been overly panicky in recent weeks.

Exactly who in the local media were overly ecstatic?

PaleHoseGeorge
09-25-2005, 10:20 PM

I noticed that line, too. Clearly this guy has never been to Chicago to read or hear the bull**** we Sox Fans put up with on a daily basis.
:o:

This guy needs to spend some quality time reading the "You write tomorrow's Cubune headline" threads.

chisoxfanatic
09-25-2005, 10:23 PM

They've been reading your Fallen Arches columns.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-25-2005, 10:46 PM
This is spooky . . I have been thinking of variations on a "Choke on This" sign all weekend. Though now I like the idea of an "Annoy the Cubune -- Root for the Sox" tee shirt.

:hawk

"I love Sox-themed Tee shirts."

ChiSoxGirl
09-25-2005, 10:52 PM
This is spooky . . I have been thinking of variations on a "Choke on This" sign all weekend. Though now I like the idea of an "Annoy the Cubune -- Root for the Sox" tee shirt.

:hawk

"I love Sox-themed Tee shirts."

Hey girl, I remember you! :smile: Glad to see you're no longer a lurker, but now a member of this awesome community. :welcome:

Soxfanspcu11
09-25-2005, 10:53 PM
"Choke on this" is gold! It's gold Jerry!!!

Nicely done! I am impressed! Someone really needs to start cranking those shirts out! :smile:

DrCrawdad
09-25-2005, 10:59 PM
"Choke on this" is gold! It's gold Jerry!!!

Nicely done! I am impressed! Someone really needs to start cranking those shirts out! :smile:

:angry:

Jerry? The shirts are my idea and I want all the credit!

:)

FielderJones
09-25-2005, 11:10 PM
The shirts may work out even IF the Sox don't win the World Series. You could have, "CHOKE ON THIS. WHITE SOX '05 AL CENTRAL CHAMPS. 101 - 61."

There, I fixed that for you. :cool: