PDA

View Full Version : My playoff rotation

gogosox35
09-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Ok heres how the rest of the year is shaping up.
Garland Monday 9/26
McCarthy Tuesday 9/27
Contreras Wednesday 9/28
Garcia Thursday 9/29
Buehrle Friday 9/30
Garland Saturday 10/1
McCarthy Sunday 10/2
Monday 10/3 off

Tuesday 10/4 starts the playoffs I believe. My ideal scenario would be start Contreras in game 1 on 5 days rest, giving him one extra day. Buehrle would go in game 2 on his normal rest as is 10-2 at home this year. I'd go to Freddy the road warrior in game 3 on the road most likely giving him an extra 2-3 days of rest. Then Garland in game 4 on an extra 1-2 days rest. Thoughts??? I get so excited just thinking about the different scenarios for the playoffs. This is the best time of the year.:)

sox1970
09-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Garland Monday 9/26
McCarthy Tuesday 9/27
Contreras Wednesday 9/28
Garcia Thursday 9/29
Buehrle Friday 9/30
Garland Saturday 10/1
McCarthy Sunday 10/2
Monday 10/3 off

Tuesday 10/4 starts the playoffs I believe. My ideal scenario would be start Contreras in game 1 on 5 days rest, giving him one extra day. Buehrle would go in game 2 on his normal rest as is 10-2 at home this year. I'd go to Freddy the road warrior in game 3 on the road most likely giving him an extra 2-3 days of rest. Then Garland in game 4 on an extra 1-2 days rest. Thoughts??? I get so excited just thinking about the different scenarios for the playoffs. This is the best time of the year.:)

I'd have to agree with your playoff rotation, but if McCarthy pitches lights out and Garland pitches subpar, I'd give long thoughts to starting McCarthy in Game 4. Remember shutting down the Angels in spring training? Not that it would translate to postseason success, but at least McCarthy has faced them. Hopefully we'll just sweep the Angels, and the point would be moot.

Ol' No. 2
09-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Garland Monday 9/26
McCarthy Tuesday 9/27
Contreras Wednesday 9/28
Garcia Thursday 9/29
Buehrle Friday 9/30
Garland Saturday 10/1
McCarthy Sunday 10/2
Monday 10/3 off

Tuesday 10/4 starts the playoffs I believe. My ideal scenario would be start Contreras in game 1 on 5 days rest, giving him one extra day. Buehrle would go in game 2 on his normal rest as is 10-2 at home this year. I'd go to Freddy the road warrior in game 3 on the road most likely giving him an extra 2-3 days of rest. Then Garland in game 4 on an extra 1-2 days rest. Thoughts??? I get so excited just thinking about the different scenarios for the playoffs. This is the best time of the year.:)I'd wait and see who they're playing. If they play the Yankees, I'd hold Contreras off to start on the road in NY. If they play Boston, I'd rather have him pitching at home. You'd have to make similar decisions with other pitchers with the short LF porch in NY and the monster in Boston. If they play Anaheim, there are different decisions to be made.

longshot7
09-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Waiting until the last few days to clinch will not give us time to set the rotation any way we want. Regardless of opponent, Contreras has to start game 1. If we clinch Friday or before, game 2 should be Garland and not Buehrle. Freddy is a good guess for game 3. Game 4 should be Buehrle if there is one.

I love McCarthy, but right now, he's the odd man out. If Buehrle struggles in his playoff start, then you have a decision to make for round 2 - if we get there, but not before.