PDA

View Full Version : Sosa's Done

Madvora
09-25-2005, 10:38 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/8886614

There is no compelling reason for Sosa to play the final week of a horrid season in which he hit .221 with 14 homers and 45 RBI. The Orioles long ago were eliminated from contention, and Sosa hasn't played since Aug. 25.

Sosa's been out for a while with another toe thing. He won't be back this year or ever to the Orioles. I can't imagine anyone that would sign this guy.

whitesoxfan
09-25-2005, 10:45 AM

Sosa's been out for a while with another toe thing. He won't be back this year or ever to the Orioles. I can't imagine anyone that would sign this guy.

KC, TB or Colorado will have an interest in him...basically just a promotion for fans to see the Shamster.

RallyBowl
09-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Kansas City? Shouldn't they assume every time they have to come here to play the Sox he's gonna have some mysterious injury?

TDog
09-25-2005, 01:40 PM
KC, TB or Colorado will have an interest in him...basically just a promotion for fans to see the Shamster.

While Sosa never tested positive for steroids, his sudden fall after baseball began to get serious about steroids probably has tainted him irreparably with fans, turning him into a juiced joke. I doubt he would be considered a gate attraction by any major league team.

LuvSox
09-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Rumor has it Shammy will play in Japan next year, where he is still somewhat of a celebrity. That ego of his is huge.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Rumor has it Shammy will play in Japan next year, where he is still somewhat of a celebrity. That ego of his is huge.

Hey, why not go to Japan? If Spinal Tap's Sex Farm can hit the top-40 charts there, why can't Scammy hit some more 300' homeruns, too?

http://www.londonpostcard.co.uk/images/st/st5866.jpg

:nandrolone
"Sure it's only 300 feet, but I that's without the Bozo buckets."

DaleJRFan
09-25-2005, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=PaleHoseGeorge]Hey, why not go to Japan? If Spinal Tap's Sex Farm can hit the top-40 charts there, why can't Scammy hit some more 300' homeruns, too?

http://www.londonpostcard.co.uk/images/st/st5866.jpg

Nice reference, George. Maybe Shammy's uniform will be a pastel black?? And he'll play with a cricket paddle instead of a corked bat???

Banix12
09-25-2005, 10:37 PM
If he wants a big paycheck he goes to japan. No MLB team is going to give Sammy much more than the Veterans minimum after the season he just had.

If Tony Batista can get a 2 year 15 million dollar contract in Japan. Sammy should do pretty well.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Nice reference, George. Maybe Shammy's uniform will be a pastel black?? And he'll play with a cricket paddle instead of a corked bat???

:nandrolone
"My hat size already goes to 11."

cheeses_h_rice
09-25-2005, 11:34 PM
:nandrolone:

I hea' tha' th' Japanees policy towar' th' druh isn' as ba' as MLB's. And even i' I wron' 'bout tha', I can allway plea ignoran' -- i' chu though' my ignoran' uh de Englis' wuh ba' in fro' of de Conreh', wai' til chu hea' me plea' ignoran' uh de Japanees.

LuvSox
09-25-2005, 11:44 PM
:nandrolone:

I hea' tha' th' Japanees policy towar' th' druh isn' as ba' as MLB's. And even i' I wron' 'bout tha', I can allway plea ignoran' -- i' chu though' my ignoran' uh de Englis' wuh ba' in fro' of de Conreh', wai' til chu hea' me plea' ignoran' uh de Japanees.

If I was a comedian, which obviously I am not :D:, I would launch a tirade Sam Kinison style on Sosa. He is such a huge target. What a dingus.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-26-2005, 07:28 AM
You guys are all wrong. KW not trading for Sosa and/or Griffey will cost us the division and the playoffs. Ask any sports reporter.

Hangar18
09-26-2005, 08:53 AM

Which is why I couldnt believe ........the Orioles were that DUMB to take him
in the 1st place. Hendry the Thief at it again ...... Angelos = Dumb

santo=dorf
09-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Which is why I couldnt believe ........the Orioles were that DUMB to take him
in the 1st place. Hendry the Thief at it again ...... Angelos = Dumb

Hendry got nothing else in return for sending $16 million to Baltimore.

ode to veeck
09-26-2005, 09:55 AM
is there steroids testing in Japan ??

JB98
09-26-2005, 12:50 PM
I think Sam-ME will sign with either Kansas City or Tampa Bay. They'll put him at DH and hope to gain some publicity as he approaches the 600-HR plateau.

MUsoxfan
09-26-2005, 12:54 PM
I think Sam-ME will sign with either Kansas City or Tampa Bay. They'll put him at DH and hope to gain some publicity as he approaches the 600-HR plateau.

The problem with that is he still prices himself way above his market value. He's still the best player he knows. I can see TB pulling a stunt like this (ex. Canseco, McGriff, Boggs). Sosa will still probably want $9m/year

JB98
09-26-2005, 01:04 PM
The problem with that is he still prices himself way above his market value. He's still the best player he knows. I can see TB pulling a stunt like this (ex. Canseco, McGriff, Boggs). Sosa will still probably want $9m/year

Valid point, but I would counter by saying that there is a sucker born every day. As you indicate, Tampa Bay has a long history of incredibly stupid signings. Kansas City has given big bucks to the likes of Juan Gonzalez and Benito Santiago in the past.

No sensible person would give Sosa $9m/year. But I wouldn't put anything past the management groups of some of these bottom-feeding teams.

Banix12
09-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Valid point, but I would counter by saying that there is a sucker born every day. As you indicate, Tampa Bay has a long history of incredibly stupid signings. Kansas City has given big bucks to the likes of Juan Gonzalez and Benito Santiago in the past.

No sensible person would give Sosa $9m/year. But I wouldn't put anything past the management groups of some of these bottom-feeding teams.

When Kansas City got Juan Gone I thought they got him relatively cheap because of his injury history and Benito is never horribly expensive.

Japan will give him $9 million a year. If he wants 9 mil he is going there. If he wants to stay in MLB he's going to have to sign a small contract with incentives to prove he is healthy before he gets a big contract again.

None of those struggling teams are going to give him anywhere near what he wants, well maybe pittsburgh and their idiotic front office.

He wasn't a big draw in Baltimore, I don't think many front office guys will think he will be in their city.