PDA

View Full Version : forecast is not looking good

pinotgrigio
09-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Looks like hurricane Rita might have something to say about today's game. What happens if this game gets rained out?? :(:

OutcastRadio
09-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Looks like hurricane Rita might have something to say about today's game. What happens if this game gets rained out?? :(:

Since you have no open dates left between now and the end of the season, it gets cancelled.

But if the margin between you and Cleveland (or the wild card team, etc) ends up .5 games, today's game will have to be played on Monday, October 3rd.

downstairs
09-25-2005, 10:44 AM
I just hope we get a lead early, in case its called later on and it counts...

harwar
09-25-2005, 10:45 AM
The radar doesn't look promising with rain coming up from the south and in from the northwest.We really need to get this game in.
They may be playing in the rain on and off all day and even with R.B. great field,its going to be a mess.

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Yeah, it's not looking good for you guys. I live in NE Iowa and right now at 9:49 it's absolutely pouring and usually when it rains here it ends up hitting Chicago 3 or 4 hours later, which is just around gametime. Not looking good

cubhater
09-25-2005, 10:54 AM
It's already starting to drizzle in Bridgeport. :(: They'll be lucky to get this game in today based on the forecast.

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-25-2005, 11:00 AM
It's poured all night here too, so I don't think there's any chance of getting the first five innings in. Right now it is absolutely pouring here

hose
09-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Since you have no open dates left between now and the end of the season, it gets cancelled.

But if the margin between you and Cleveland (or the wild card team, etc) ends up .5 games, today's game will have to be played on Monday, October 3rd.

Johan Santana will get the start.:rolleyes:

harwar
09-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Johan Santana will get the start.:rolleyes:

He is scheduled to start The last game of the season,of course he could get another blister and would have to be held back a day just to face us.

voodoochile
09-25-2005, 11:13 AM
The Sox control whether the game is canceled until the first pitch is thrown. Look for them to wait a LONG time before canceling if the game has any chance to be played later in the day. I remember that happening a long time ago when the Sox had no future home games with the team in question and the commish told them they could either play it on an open date they both had or make it up at the other team's stadium. The other team refused to play on the open date - they had that right because of CBA issues with too many consecutive games and the Sox kept them at the park until 7PM on a game that was supposed to start at 1. It still got canceled in the end, but it does lead to interesting possibilities today...

hose
09-25-2005, 11:18 AM
I'll have to dig out my old Sony Watchman and bring it to the game so I can watch the Bears during the rain delay theater.

cubhater
09-25-2005, 11:19 AM
The Sox control whether the game is canceled until the first pitch is thrown. Look for them to wait a LONG time before canceling if the game has any chance to be played later in the day. I remember that happening a long time ago when the Sox had no future home games with the team in question and the commish told them they could either play it on an open date they both had or make it up at the other team's stadium. The other team refused to play on the open date - they had that right because of CBA issues with too many consecutive games and the Sox kept them at the park until 7PM on a game that was supposed to start at 1. It still got canceled in the end, but it does lead to interesting possibilities today...

IIRC it was a Texas game in 1990.

DumpJerry
09-25-2005, 11:21 AM
It's poured all night here too, so I don't think there's any chance of getting the first five innings in. Right now it is absolutely pouring here
Maybe the system will run out of energy.
For those of us going, pack a lot of food......

OutcastRadio
09-25-2005, 11:28 AM
He is scheduled to start The last game of the season,of course he could get another blister and would have to be held back a day just to face us.

If a game gets cancelled, Minnesota would most likely push every starter back a slot, and Santana would pitch the extra game. You don't skip a starter just because his date got rained out, so the math would push him to the extra game.

voodoochile
09-25-2005, 11:30 AM
If a game gets cancelled, Minnesota would most likely push every starter back a slot, and Santana would pitch the extra game. You don't skip a starter just because his date got rained out, so the math would push him to the extra game.

That might depend on their relationship with Santana. If they are trying to get him to a certain number of wins or starts for his personal stats, they might push him up if it means getting in a second start guaranteed.

If Monday's game becomes moot, they won't get a chance to play him, so they will do what they can to take care of their team ace and not worry about a possibility that might never exist.

Also, if the Sox are UP 1/2 game and the Jndjans are the WC candidate, no reason to play it because even if the Sox lose, they still get the division title...

Wsoxmike59
09-25-2005, 11:38 AM
It looks like there might be a window of opportunity between 11:00 - 3:00 where it won't rain. If we had a 1:00 start that would've been great to where we could maybe get an "official" game in.

Mark Buehrle, pitch fast today dude, let's get out of town with a W and no make up game hanging over our heads.

Brian26
09-25-2005, 11:38 AM
It just started pouring downtown. I mean, it's coming down HARD.

kevingrt
09-25-2005, 11:42 AM
I WANT BASEBALL!!!

'nough said..

Rain is good for Bears game though

oharewx
09-25-2005, 11:47 AM
it looks like the game won't start on time, but i think they'll get it in. once the rain associated with the remnants of hurricane rita moves off to the northeast there should be a 3-5 hour break in the rain before the rain over minnesota and iowa moves into town.

kaufsox
09-25-2005, 12:16 PM
the Weather channel (last night) said intermitent(sp?) showers, with T-storms developing late afternoon. Hopefully, between the raindrops we get this one in. Also if they start, I think it will take biblical style rain to stop the game. Wear your rubbers!

hose
09-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Wear your rubbers!

no but I'll bring a raincoat....rimshoot

sox1970
09-25-2005, 12:42 PM
IIRC it was a Texas game in 1990.

Correct. It was longest rain delat in the history of baseball. They finally called the game around 9pm. I was at that game, and it was the last time my dad, a lifelong Sox fan, was at Old Comiskey Park. We left around 4pm and were astonished they waited another 5 hours to call the game. The game was made up in Texas, by the way.

Lip Man 1
09-25-2005, 01:03 PM
August 12, 1990- The Sox set what is believed to be the longest wait in baseball history before calling a game because of rain. The Sox were slated to play the Rangers at Comiskey Park in an afternoon contest. Persistent rains cause a delay before the first pitch was even thrown. Because this was the last trip into Chicago by Texas, the Sox waited until the mid evening before "officially" calling the game. The wait lasted over eight hours! As it turned out the Sox had to play the make up game in Arlington as part of a double header.

Lip

CYGarland20
09-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Looking at the doppler radar, it appears the rain will just miss the Cell. So looks like we SHOULD get this one in on time hopefully.

goodsy72
09-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah I was just checking out the lastest radar. We might get this one in. It looks like the north stuff might stay up there and the Rita remnants might just slide south enough to get this one in. If you look at it there is a nice clear zone between the two systems that looks like it will stay mostly over Chicago as the rain move northeast. Let's hope mother nature is a bandwagon Sox fan this year.

CYGarland20
09-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Looks like I was wrong, it appears the rain has hit the Cell. Hopefully it will disappear quickly.

TDog
09-25-2005, 02:34 PM
... Let's hope mother nature is a bandwagon Sox fan this year.

If nature indeed were a batting for the White Sox, it would wash out Carlos Martinez's first-inning three-run homer in KC.

downstairs
09-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Looks like I was wrong, it appears the rain has hit the Cell. Hopefully it will disappear quickly.

In the western suburbs, its coming and going (more going than coming... maybe 2 10-minute downfalls in the last few hours)...

I think this is a spotty storm.... they'll find a way to get it in...

Plus, I have a family dinner to attend... as far as I am concerned, start the thing at 10pm...

goodsy72
09-25-2005, 03:05 PM
If nature indeed were a batting for the White Sox, it would wash out Carlos Martinez's first-inning three-run homer in KC.

Damn 3-0 in the 4th. Where the hell is Cy Grienke when we need him. He's put up zeros since the first, lets hope Sweeney can hit a 6 run homer. Help us out KC we're beggin' you.

Jerry_Manuel
09-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Damn 3-0 in the 4th. Where the hell is Cy Grienke when we need him. He's put up zeros since the first, lets hope Sweeny can hit a 6 run homer. Help us out KC we're beggin' you.

Sweeney is not playing, he's hasn't started a game vs. CLE this series. I don't know if he is hurt or what.

HotelWhiteSox
09-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Hawk said probably a 1.5 hour delay, followed by an opprtunity to get a few innings in, followed by more rain. "A long and wet day"

goodsy72
09-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Sox radio pregame said they were looking at a 3:15 start. But last check tarp was still on field.

goodsy72
09-25-2005, 03:39 PM
They're pulling the tarp right now !!!

goodsy72
09-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Things may be turning for us, tarps comming off, and it's 3-3 in KC !!:supernana:

Irishsoxfan
09-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Anybody else having trouble with mlb.tv? The page won't display.

cbone
09-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Anybody else havibg trouble with mlb.tv? The page won't display.

Nope It's fine on my end.

MarySwiss
09-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Anybody else havibg trouble with mlb.tv? The page won't display.

Yeah, I'm not getting it either. I tried rebooting a couple of times--that sometimes works--but nothing. I hope they're just waiting for the game to start.

goodsy72
09-25-2005, 03:55 PM
4-3 KC. Lets go Royals !!!

Irishsoxfan
09-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I'm not getting it either. I tried rebooting a couple of times--that sometimes works--but nothing. I hope they're just waiting for the game to start.

I've rebooted and got it back. I couldn't get any game originally. They're showing college football on the Sox broadcast for now.

goodsy72
09-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Noooo !!!! **** they're pulling Grienke **** !!!!

downstairs
09-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Noooo !!!! **** they're pulling Grienke **** !!!!

They're playing for a draft spot, remember.

:angry:

goodsy72
09-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Rooney just threw out the first pitch to Farmio .

goodsy72
09-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Peralta tripled with two out and they left him there. Who'd a thunk it ? Go KC.:supernana:

goodsy72
09-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Holy crap KC has got 2nd & 3rd no out !!!

Irishsoxfan
09-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Kansas win!

mike squires
09-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey, forcast looked good to me...