PDA

View Full Version : My personal plea to KC to help us out

nug0hs
09-25-2005, 12:53 AM
If it would actually get through, I thought a letter that goes something like this is in order for this afternoon:

The Chicago White Sox Army
World Headquarters
333 W. 35th St.
Chicago, Illinois 60654

September 25, 2005

The Kansas City Royals Baseball Club
1 Royals Way
Kansas City, Missouri 64129

To whom it may concern:
This is a letter from your friendly American League Central companions the Chicago White Sox and their proud legion of fans spread across the world. We are writing to you on behalf of your baseball game scheduled for later today, Sunday, September 25, 2005 with the first pitch arriving at 1:10 pm CT.

Obviously, we have been following your progress this weekend versus the mighty Indians from Cleveland, who you appear to be having some trouble with. We are aware that you have your "young phenom" Zack Greinke taking the mound for this game and we beg of you...please defeat the Indians with the stellar skill, athleticism, and savvy that we know your developing ball club posesses! You see, today is not only fan appreciation day at U.S. Cellular Field but the last home game of the regular season for our club, and it would greatly enhance the atmosphere and karma around the stadium and across our nation if you were to defeat Cleveland for us and your beautiful riverfront city.

We are aware that Sunday is always Kids Eat Free day sponsored by Bob Evans and that there are plenty of good seats still available. We wish you the best of luck in this matter and wish you success this week vs. Minnesota and Toronto.

Your friends,

:help:

Frankfan4life
09-25-2005, 01:12 AM
P.S. Word to Tampa Bay!

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-25-2005, 01:16 AM
the only thing we need to worry about is wucking finning

Mr. White Sox
09-25-2005, 01:24 AM
If it would actually get through, I thought a letter that goes something like this is in order for this afternoon:

World Headquarters
333 W. 35th St.
Chicago, Illinois 60654

September 25, 2005

1 Royals Way

To whom it may concern:
This is a letter from your friendly American League Central companions the Chicago White Sox and their proud legion of fans spread across the world. We are writing to you on behalf of your baseball game scheduled for later today, Sunday, September 25, 2005 with the first pitch arriving at 1:10 pm CT.

Obviously, we have been following your progress this weekend versus the mighty Indians from Cleveland, who you appear to be having some trouble with. We are aware that you have your "young phenom" Zack Greinke taking the mound for this game and we beg of you...please defeat the Indians with the stellar skill, athleticism, and savvy that we know your developing ball club posesses! You see, today is not only fan appreciation day at U.S. Cellular Field but the last home game of the regular season for our club, and it would greatly enhance the atmosphere and karma around the stadium and across our nation if you were to defeat Cleveland for us and your beautiful riverfront city.

We are aware that Sunday is always Kids Eat Free day sponsored by Bob Evans and that there are plenty of good seats still available. We wish you the best of luck in this matter and wish you success this week vs. Minnesota and Toronto.

Your friends,

Fixed!

nug0hs
09-25-2005, 01:42 AM
I left that out intending it to be humorous...

DieTrying79
09-25-2005, 01:43 AM
LOL, Right on...greetings and salutations!

K.C., please your best game all season Sunday afternoon!!

CYGarland20
09-25-2005, 02:11 AM

World Headquarters
333 W. 35th St.
Chicago, Illinois 60654

September 25, 2005

1 Royals Way

To whom it may concern:

Your friends,

Sending letters to Baltimore and Toronto wouldn't hurt either

cleanwsox
09-25-2005, 02:34 AM

I'm sick of relying on these garbage teams to win a game and help us out. Everytime I look at whose pitching, it seems to be some no-namer who has been pitching in the big leagues for no more than 2 starts. I just hope the Sox can take care of Detroit so I won't have to follow what NY, Boston, and Cleveland are doing.

Mr. White Sox
09-25-2005, 02:42 AM
I left that out intending it to be humorous...

Of course. There are a few sarcastically/hopesoaked deprived on this site, however, and I wanted to make it an easy read for them. :wink:

Mohoney
09-25-2005, 03:08 AM
Dear Royals:

Is Mike Sweeney on the verge of death? If not, then WHY HAS HE BEEN SITTING 3 GAMES IN A ROW?

BigHurtRules
09-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Dear Royals:

Is Mike Sweeney on the verge of death? If not, then WHY HAS HE BEEN SITTING 3 GAMES IN A ROW?

I would also add:

Dear Royals,

Why not show some pride and try to win 1 lousy game out of 4 against Cleveland? We know you guys lack a lot of things(such as talent, good ownership, etc.), but do you also lack a heart?

Get out there and give what few fans you have something to cheer about before MLB decides to shut down your pathetic organization.

BigHurtRules
09-25-2005, 08:09 AM
Dear Royals:

I would also add the following:

Dear Royals,

Do you think it's possible to win 1 lousy game out of 4 against Cleveland. We know your orgainzation lacks a lot of things (talent, good ownership etc,) but do they also lack heart?

Get out there and give your few remaining fans something to cheer about befor MLB decides to fold your pathetic organization.

StockdaleForVeep
09-25-2005, 02:18 PM

Anyone actually reading those letters there wouldnt hurt either

harwar
09-25-2005, 02:48 PM
As funny as the letter is i think its time to stop thinking that these other teams are going to help us.
Its going to come down to if the White Sox can go into cleveland and beat the indians.
We better damn well be able to because i,for one,don't want to watch the White Sox players watching the indians players celebrating right in their faces.

downstairs
09-25-2005, 02:53 PM
I don't know about friendly.

Personally, if I were JR... I would call the KC ownership and tell them if they don't win the two last series against Cleveland, that I would move to try to contract the team.

They almost contracted Minnesota, no reason he couldn't at least start the discussions.

Same goes for Tampa.

After watching this pathetic showing by KC, I don't even understand why they're a team anymore.

Unregistered
09-25-2005, 02:56 PM
I don't know about friendly.

Personally, if I were JR... I would call the KC ownership and tell them if they don't win the two last series against Cleveland, that I would move to try to contract the team.

They almost contracted Minnesota, no reason he couldn't at least start the discussions.

Same goes for Tampa.

After watching this pathetic showing by KC, I don't even understand why they're a team anymore.Well at least they're winning right now. Truth be told, although their pitching was pretty crappy, they battled the Indians in pretty much every game of this series.

downstairs
09-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Well at least they're winning right now. Truth be told, although their pitching was pretty crappy, they battled the Indians in pretty much every game of this series.

Of course they did. But as a franchise, they haven't cared since 1985 (and then, what 15 games a few years ago?)

Contract 'em I say....

CanBuehrleWait
09-25-2005, 03:47 PM

World Headquarters
333 W. 35th St.
Chicago, Illinois 60654

September 25, 2005

1 Royals Way

To whom it may concern:

Your friends,

I think you need to start writing more letters :gulp:

Tragg
09-25-2005, 03:49 PM
They sure as hell didn't make it easy on themselves (or me).
The Royals had the bags loaded and zero out in the 8th, but never scored.

TomBradley72
09-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Please send a letter to Tampa Bay ASAP! :gulp:

Tragg
09-25-2005, 09:17 PM
It seems like Cleveland has had 20 games with Tampa Bay already this year.