PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's JB on Jose's great start tonight...

ssirish317
09-24-2005, 03:26 AM
Jeff Brantley on Jose Contreras during Sportscenter tonight after JC threw a 6-hit, 1 ER complete game against the Twins:

"You would think that he's pitching against the Yankee's because against everyone else this guy is terrible"

Hey Cowboy, the Sox don't play in the Eastern Division. The Sox play two series against the the Yanks and Jose has faced NY twice this season. He's 10-2 since the All-Star break, but somehow the only team he does well against is the Yankees? He can't come up with a better shot to take at the Sox than that? What an arrogant moron. How he has a job as an analyst not to mention also working as a color man during ESPN's ballgames is beyond me.

ESPN's baseball analyst's have steadily gotten worse over the past few years. BBTN is hardly worth watching anymore.

FarWestChicago
09-24-2005, 03:35 AM
BBTN is hardly worth watching anymore.:?: Nothing on The Tabloid has been worth watching for years.

Mr. White Sox
09-24-2005, 03:36 AM
I hate Jeff Brantley and all, and he grossly exaggerated anything remotely true, not to mention JC is a completely different pitcher in the 2nd half...but let's take a look at some stats (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/7043/splits):

Jose Post All-Star Break:
3.23 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, .240 BAA

AL Teams JC has a "good" ERA against (sub-4.00):
LAA, CLE, KC, MIN, NYY, SEA, TOR,

JC is bad (higher than 4.75 ERA) against these AL teams:
DET, OAK, BOS, BAL, TB

JC is "good" against three possible AL teams, and "bad" against two others. This is also in a very low sample size and doesn't factor in his changes over the year.
So, in summary, Brantley is wrong.

chitownhawkfan
09-24-2005, 04:52 AM
It always comes back to the yankees, no matter what they talk about it must be put in the context of the yankees or sawx.

You suck ESPN, just go to hell already!:angry:

PS Hey mullet head Brantley, didnt he do it against the team you said we would be crying in our beers over. Just cut your hair, I know you've gone this long, but the curly balding mullet will never come back in style you douche.

SoxFan78
09-24-2005, 10:14 AM
This morning on ESPN they asked JB who would win the AL pennant. He mentioned all the teams in the race have great offenses and starting pitching, so it would come down to bullpens.

And who has the best bullpen, THE YANKEES.

When asked to name any other teams in the Pennant race he mentioned the Red Sawx then strangely sprinted off the set.

The Dude
09-24-2005, 11:18 AM
It always comes back to the yankees, no matter what they talk about it must be put in the context of the yankees or sawx.

You suck ESPN, just go to hell already!:angry:

PS Hey mullet head Brantley, didnt he do it against the team you said we would be crying in our beers over. Just cut your hair, I know you've gone this long, but the curly balding mullet will never come back in style you douche.

Maybe in 5 years or so, he'll have the full blown skullet!

http://www.mulletlovers.com/images/homo.jpg
"Hi, I'm Jeff Brantley & welcome back to ESPN, the world wide leader in sports."

RKMeibalane
09-24-2005, 01:00 PM

"Hi, I'm Jeff Brantley & welcome back to ESPN, the world wide leader in sports."

OMG! It's Tad! I haven't seen that guy in years!

Ol' No. 2
09-24-2005, 01:09 PM
This morning on ESPN they asked JB who would win the AL pennant. He mentioned all the teams in the race have great offenses and starting pitching, so it would come down to bullpens.

And who has the best bullpen, THE YANKEES.

When asked to name any other teams in the Pennant race he mentioned the Red Sawx then strangely sprinted off the set.The YANKEES have the best bullpen?:rolling:

Give them Mariano Rivera and Flash Gordon. Who else does he like so much?

Alan Embree: 7.43
Tanyon Sturtze: 4.18
Scott Proctor: 5.13
Paul Quantrill: 6.75
Felix Rodrieguez: 4.85
Buddy Groom: 4.91
Mike Stanton: 7.07

NONE of these guys is better than Luiz Vizcaino, 3.78.

LuvSox
09-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Brantley is a complete tool. He can't wait for Cleveland to win the Central, you can hear it in his voice.

akingamongstmen
09-24-2005, 01:56 PM
You shouldn't qualify as an analyst if you know nothing about baseball. The guy was a freakin' reliever for years, and he honestly thinks that the Yankees have the best bullpen???!!!! The Sox, Indians, and arguably the Angels have better 'pens than the Yankees. Sure, Rivera and Gordon are great, but they're old, and you can't keep running just two guys out there for any extended period of time without it back-firing on you.

NWSox
09-24-2005, 02:58 PM
So, in summary, Brantley is wrong.

No - it can't be true.

This discussion about the best pitching staffs and bullpens among the AL contenders is interesting because the two weakest teams are the Yankees and Red Sox. The Sox, Indians and Angels are all strong, and the playoffs will be interesting because 1) I don't think both the Yankees and Red Sox will make it and 2) whichever one makes it will have a hard time getting out of the ALDS.

An ALCS without the Yankees or the Red Sox? I think Earth may stop rotating!

socko82
09-25-2005, 07:49 AM
The whining coming out of Bristol is getting louder each day as they come to the realization that the WC is probably coming out of the Central and only one of their beloved Yankees/Red Sawx is going to the postseason.

I guarantee you either Harold Reynolds or Brantley will be whining about the unbalanced schedule by the end of the week. They'll probably want Bud to just declare the AL EAST runnerup as the wildcard in the best interests of baseball.

Erik The Red
09-25-2005, 10:25 AM

Devin Townsend rocks the skullet like no other.

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/%7Enyager/pics/me_and_dev.jpg

socko82
09-25-2005, 12:39 PM
I called it. Reynolds was just on BBTN saying the only reason the Sox and Indians are where they is because of the unbalanced schedule. Then he and Brantley both talked about how much they would love (yes, Brantley used the word love) to see the Sox go 3-5 and the other Sox go 6-2 and then they would easily win the one game playoff. Nothing like professional impartial analysis by the so called experts. No east coast bias at all. The Bristol whining is just going to get louder as the week goes on.

HotelWhiteSox
09-25-2005, 01:14 PM
What a waste of human being Jeff Brantley is, it's sad how ESPN allows him to air out his personal vendetta with the Sox.

This morning, Reynolds was talking about how the Red Sox have a WC chance if we go 3-5 and they go 6-2, and if they could get the coin flip to get the game at Fenway. Brantley started smiling and yelling "They never thought of that, because they just thought the White Sox would run away with it, didn't they?" while wearing a sick smile, happy that the Sox are not running away with it.

Then he started yelling "I love the situation! I'd love that situation!" And the host ask, "Um, why?" and he replied with "Because the Red Sox are playing better baseball than the White Sox and I think they deserve the spot more" And he said he doesn't see us winning the division.

Ummm, ***? First off, do we just forget about what happened the first half of the season, the reason why the White Sox STILL have the best record in the AL, in first from wire to wire. Then, the host made him look even dumber when he said "The White Sox haven't really collapsed, they're 13-10 in September, the same as the Red Sox"

So, what does Brantley do, he repeatly yells '3-5 and 6-2!'

What an *******, I can't wait til we clinch the division, fire this redneck piece of trash, the same one who said the Flubs would have no problem getting back into it because of their weak opponents and their pitching. This is why they got rid of Dibble, to give this piece of crap more airtime? What a joke, I shouldn't of tuned in in the first place, I was looking for highlights of last night, and see that it's 'bad mouth the Sox-fest'. A joke.