PDA

View Full Version : Sox record vs division

A. Cavatica
09-24-2005, 12:12 AM
If the Sox can split the next two with Minny, they will take the season series 9-7. Sox have already won the season series with Cleveland (11-5 with 3 left), Detroit (12-3 with 4 left), and KC (13-5).

I hate the ****ing unbalanced schedule! How can we have pounded the Central so well and still be in a race? Well, we had to play three more games against Texas, and one more game each against Baltimore, Boston, and the Angels. Cleveland got extra games against the Twins, Yankees, Mariners, and four against Tampa. (My count is off by one somewhere, but you get the picture.)

Cleveland also won three more interleague games (they were a sick 11-1 against the NL West while we were a mere 9-3, plus they got Cincy instead of the Cubs).

But what's past is past. The good news is Cleveland is only 3-4 against Tampa Bay -- so our last two series are against teams we've beaten, and theirs are against teams they've lost to.

South Side
09-24-2005, 12:26 AM
The schedule is not the problem. The problem is we can't hit the baseball well enough to score runs.

Mohoney
09-24-2005, 06:57 AM
The schedule is not the problem. The problem is we can't hit the baseball well enough to score runs.

The problem is that there are 6 teams in the AL that could possibly win 90+ games, and it might take damn near 100 wins, IF NOT 100 wins, to win the worst division in baseball.

The AL Playoffs are going to be an absolute street brawl, and I'm tickled pink that I'll be there for Game 1.

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Well said:worship:

jerry myers
09-24-2005, 10:11 AM
yes we had bases loaded with one out and couldnt score, thats the problem. great time to forget how to hit, first place the whole year and then lose that in the last week. pretty bad stuff. anytime now we can start hitting! maybe tonight.i