PDA

View Full Version : Lineup changes?

IowaSox1971
09-23-2005, 12:47 PM
I think Crede, Uribe, Konerko and A.J. should stay in the lineup. These guys are least contributing either offensively or defensively.

As for Podsednik, Rowand, Dye, Everett and Iguchi, perhaps a day or two or three of rest should be in order. Should we take a gamble and have Timo, Anderson, Borchard, Gload and Harris play? How much worse could our lineup do?

Perhaps we could try this:

Harris 2B
Uribe SS
Gload 1B
Konerko DH
A.J. C
Crede 3B
Borchard RF
Timo LF
Anderson CF

Perhaps Anderson would catch fly balls in center, Timo would get a runner in from third base, Harris might steal a base, Borchard might hit a homer and Gload would, if nothing else, get Everett out of the lineup. Perhaps this would light a fire under some of our regulars who are struggling.

Ol' No. 2
09-23-2005, 12:50 PM
I think Crede, Uribe, Konerko and A.J. should stay in the lineup. These guys are least contributing either offensively or defensively.

As for Podsednik, Rowand, Dye, Everett and Iguchi, perhaps a day or two or three of rest should be in order. Should we take a gamble and have Timo, Anderson, Borchard, Gload and Harris play? How much worse could our lineup do?

Harris 2B
Uribe SS
Gload 1B
Konerko DH
A.J. C
Crede 3B
Borchard RF
Timo LF
Anderson CF

Perhaps Anderson would catch fly balls in center, Timo would get a runner in from third base, Harris might steal a base, Borchard might hit a homer and Gload would, if nothing else, get Everett out of the lineup. Perhaps this would light a fire under some of our regulars who are struggling.What's this? If I see another one of Ozzie's getaway day lineups I'm going to puke. Why can't he just leave the lineup alone?

JB98
09-23-2005, 01:00 PM
I completely disagree with anyone who advocates lineup changes. I'd stick with our regular nine every game until we either clinch it or lose it. I'd tell these guys, "It's your season, boys. Sink or swim."

Honestly, do you think Brian Anderson and Borch are going to bail the veterans out of the fire? Neither of these guys has had regular ABs in almost a month. It isn't fair to them to stick them in the lineup cold and ask them to save the season.

I realize we are all panic-stricken. Hell, Ozzie is panic-stricken and so are the players. But I feel this is the worst possible time to do something rash. More than ever, it's imperative to be rational and keep your wits about you.

crazyozzie02
09-23-2005, 01:02 PM
I say dont mess with it. Its too risky, but for the love of GOD put GLOAD in and get EVERETT out!!!

Mr. White Sox
09-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Lineup update

Guillen has resisted any temptation to move Scott Podsednik out of the leadoff spot. The speedy Podsednik has scored only one run since Sept. 14 and went 2-for-13 against Cleveland.

"If I'm going to make a move, I might put Carl (Everett)in the fifth spot and maybe move (Aaron) Rowand up," Guillen said. "But right now, I'm going to leave the stuff the way it is and put the best guys out there."

Aaron Rowand up?

CHISOXFAN13
09-23-2005, 01:13 PM
I say dont mess with it. Its too risky, but for the love of GOD put GLOAD in and get EVERETT out!!!

I agree. It can't hurt to maybe take Carl out of the lineup for a day or two. He's been awful the last few weeks.

Sad
09-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Aaron Rowand up?

Aaron up, Podsednik down...

Madvora
09-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Don't ever believe Joe Borchard will cure an ailing team.

kittle42
09-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Advocating changes to the lineup which make our lineup reflect that of the Pirates or Royals is not wise at this juncture, no matter how down some of the regulars are.

JB98
09-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Don't ever believe Joe Borchard will cure an ailing team.

Nor will Ross Gload. God help us.

LauraJ14
09-23-2005, 01:42 PM

Harris 2B
Uribe SS
Gload 1B
Konerko DH
A.J. C
Crede 3B
Borchard RF
Timo LF
Anderson CF

Perhaps Anderson would catch fly balls in center, Timo would get a runner in from third base, Harris might steal a base, Borchard might hit a homer and Gload would, if nothing else, get Everett out of the lineup. Perhaps this would light a fire under some of our regulars who are struggling.

If you are going to make a change, make just one change, you know maybe we need a clutch Timo sighting to get us going!!!!

The Dude
09-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Here's the change that NEEDS TO BE MADE.
Gload at 1st and PK at DH. NO MORE CRAZY CARL BULL**** K's and POPUPS!!!!

enurb
09-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Everett is the least intimidating number 3 hitter in the league. He's a burden to watch. It reminds me of watching Garcia pitch. Absolutely no joy in his game. Makes everything look like work.

I'd rather see Dye there -- even after last night's failure.

Pods
Iguchi
Dye
Konerko
Everett
AJ Pie
Rowand
Uribe
Crede

deck27
09-23-2005, 02:48 PM

His power is great when he's on, but his batting average is .107 and OBS is .167 during the last week. Hardly clutch.

Only reason to play Everett tonight is because he's been dominant against Lohse. After that, let's see what Gload or Borchard can do.