PDA

View Full Version : 7 in a row

MushMouth
09-23-2005, 10:13 AM
The schedule is now laid out perfectly for us to win 7 straight. We will be favored in every pitching matchup. I'm probably as negative as a fan can get, but I just can't see this team losing to Detroit at ALL. The way Detroit has packed it in, a tiny bit of effort will allow us to roll right over the Tigers.

Minnesota is a different story, but Jose tonight will set us straight. Minnesota hits like us, it's possible that we get the REAL Freddie and Buehrle back over the weekend. All we need are a few wins strung together, and the attitude of the ballclub changes. The negativity will dissapate and we'll regain the confidence of a first place team.

This is the only way I'm able to get through this weekend - assume the best. Ozzie has to have one last card to play to get this team a couple wins (Borchard in left!).

So help me baseball gods if I'm wrong...

cheeses_h_rice
09-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Man, I hope you're right.

With our magic number at 9 right now, that would reduce it to 2. Maybe, just maybe, Cleveland will lose a game or two before we face them for the final 3 games of the year.

batmanZoSo
09-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Indeed, no one's gonna' lie down for us.

So, we'll just have to make them...

Johnny Mostil
09-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Man, I hope you're right.

With our magic number at 9 right now, that would reduce it to 2. Maybe, just maybe, Cleveland will lose a game or two before we face them for the final 3 games of the year.

I'd settle for one in a row right now, then two, etc. . . .

If memory serves . . . didn't the Rays sweep the Tribe in Cleveland? And wasn't one of those games, a 1-0 shutout, started by Kazmir? And isn't Kazmir set up to throw in Cleveland next week?

CHISOXFAN13
09-23-2005, 10:27 AM
When was the last time the Sox won two in a row?

I'd feel a lot better if they would just do that.

MushMouth
09-23-2005, 10:28 AM
I'd settle for one in a row right now, then two, etc. . . .

If memory serves . . . didn't the Rays sweep the Tribe in Cleveland? And wasn't one of those games, a 1-0 shutout, started by Kazmir? And isn't Kazmir set up to throw in Cleveland next week?

If Cleveland loses a single game during the next 6 games, I'll be surprised, but it would have to come in TB. They continue to play the spoiler, and for god's sakes, the law of averages say Cleveland has to lose a game, right?

jshanahanjr
09-23-2005, 10:29 AM
I can't believe it's come to this, but I think Anderson & Borchard both need to be in the lineup. We need some O!

cheeses_h_rice
09-23-2005, 10:32 AM
When was the last time the Sox won two in a row?

I'd feel a lot better if they would just do that.

We won 7 in a row Sept. 1-7. Since then we're 4-10.

Jenks4Pres
09-23-2005, 10:34 AM
7 in a row? This thread is ridiculous! The Sox are horrible and if anything, they are going to lose 7 in a row!

I love this team with all my heart, but they are terrible right now!

Cut Rowand immediately, and put in Anderson!

Foulke You
09-23-2005, 10:35 AM
I can't believe it's come to this, but I think Anderson & Borchard both need to be in the lineup. We need some O!
I would like to see either Borchard or Anderson in CF to give Rowand a 1 day rest (he has been brutal at the plate). Hopefully, one of those guys could give us some much needed O. However, I don't think Ozzie is going to put a rookie in down the stretch here.

jackbrohamer
09-23-2005, 10:43 AM

You are correct, TB swept them Aug. 12-14 in Cleveland, Kazmir held them scoreless for 6, and FWIW (I know, I'm grasping at straws) ESPN sez this:

Since the All-Star break, the Devil Rays have played 14 series against teams within 5 1/2 games of the division lead or wild card spot at the time of the contest. They have won nine of those series, posting a 24-21 record against those clubs

Goose
09-23-2005, 10:54 AM
If Cleveland loses a single game during the next 6 games, I'll be surprised, but it would have to come in TB. They continue to play the spoiler, and for god's sakes, the law of averages say Cleveland has to lose a game, right?

I don't see the Toons losing more than 1 more game all season. Be that from TB or the Sox...I simply do not see it happening. Their pitching has certainly stepped it up and from what I see, the Tribe wins via the long ball...so for them to lose, it will require stellar pitching from their opponent. TB, as far as I know, does not have that type of pitcher on their staff to stop the Indian's rolling train. The Sox staff in the 1st half was good enough to stop them, but unfortunately, they do not seem to be playing up to that level in the second half enough for me to feel comfortable enough to say that the Sox will win more than 1 game during the last series.

This means, of course, that the Sox need to win ALL their remaining games with MIN and DET. We need to hope for an Indians loss at the hands of TB and try to squeak one out during our last series with them. I hate to say it, and I know I will get railed for this, but we need to start paying closer attention to how the WC plays out.

mike squires
09-23-2005, 10:59 AM
7 in a row? This thread is ridiculous! The Sox are horrible and if anything, they are going to lose 7 in a row!

Voodoo must be swamped.:D:

09-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Even if we win 6 of the next 7, that will bring our WC # to 2, and a Boston loss here and there will get us in the WC, which I will be more then happy to take now

Deuce
09-23-2005, 11:19 AM
:churrosarmy:

"Bats... check. Pitchers... check. Balls... about the biggest pair you've ever seen, dingleberry."

Dan H
09-23-2005, 11:48 AM
First things, first. I would like to see the Sox win one game where they do thigs like bring in a runner from third with less than two outs, or simply single a runner from second. Or maybe just move runners along to set all this up. If they return to some of the things that helped them win 91 games, then we can speculate on a winning streak. Execute like last night, it will be a hell of a long winter.

rdwj
09-23-2005, 11:51 AM
First things, first. I would like to see the Sox win one game where they do thigs like bring in a runner from third with less than two outs, or simply single a runner from second. Or maybe just move runners along to set all this up. If they return to some of the things that helped them win 91 games, then we can speculate on a winning streak. Execute like last night, it will be a hell of a long winter.

Exactly - they need to take one step at a time. Right now - they're not doing ANYTHING right with the bats.

BeviBall!
09-23-2005, 11:58 AM

I'd like to see a win against the Twins that isn't a 2-1 nailbiter. Hell, I'll take it anyway I can get it.

Brian26
09-23-2005, 12:23 PM

Someone get Hawk on the horn immediately and convince him to take Pinniella out to ****ing dinner this winter if the DRays can take 2 of 3 from the Tribe.

Lip Man 1
09-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Skip Hawk talk to Willsy!

Lip

nordhagen
09-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Someone get Hawk on the horn immediately and convince him to take Pinniella out to ****ing dinner this winter if the DRays can take 2 of 3 from the Tribe.

Don't count on anything from the Devil Rays just yet. There may be dissension in the ranks over the Piniella situation of him accepting a buyout to step down after the season...

From relief pitcher Trever Miller in today's Cubune ...

"I don't know if Lou asked to leave or they forced him out. But if he asked out, then he needs to sit back and not say anything the rest of the year and let the guys play because his time here is done. If he's the one who said, "I want out" then don't get on anybody's case anymore because he kind of lost some credibility. If it's not the case, manage it out for us. Grind it out just like we are. The guys would respect that."

Sounds like a team capable of mailing it in.

robin23
09-23-2005, 01:57 PM
:churrosarmy:

"Bats... check. Pitchers... check. Balls... about the biggest pair you've ever seen, dingleberry."

Nice. :roflmao:

Brewski
09-23-2005, 02:20 PM
The schedule is now laid out perfectly for us to win 7 straight. We will be favored in every pitching matchup. I'm probably as negative as a fan can get, but I just can't see this team losing to Detroit at ALL. The way Detroit has packed it in, a tiny bit of effort will allow us to roll right over the Tigers.

Minnesota is a different story, but Jose tonight will set us straight. Minnesota hits like us, it's possible that we get the REAL Freddie and Buehrle back over the weekend. All we need are a few wins strung together, and the attitude of the ballclub changes. The negativity will dissapate and we'll regain the confidence of a first place team.

This is the only way I'm able to get through this weekend - assume the best. Ozzie has to have one last card to play to get this team a couple wins (Borchard in left!).

So help me baseball gods if I'm wrong...

Believe it or not, we were favored in every game of the Cleveland series just completed, from the odds makers standpoint.

MushMouth
09-26-2005, 09:53 AM
3 down... :whistle:

gobears1987
09-26-2005, 09:56 AM

Homefish, is that you?
:dumbpeople::darkcloud:

starboy0
09-26-2005, 11:06 AM
First things, first. I would like to see the Sox win one game where they do thigs like bring in a runner from third with less than two outs, or simply single a runner from second...

It was good to see Dye steal 2nd in the 2nd then Crede single him home. Nice manufactured run early in the game so reminiscent of 1st half play.