PDA

View Full Version : John Rooney deserves better

sageofthesox
09-23-2005, 09:24 AM
I hate to see John Rooney close out his great run with the White Sox by having to describe this debacle to his loyal listeners.

When Rooney's departure came out earlier in the month, I hoped his final call would be his patented "White Sox winner" in the final game of the World Series.

Instead, he may very well be saying "and this season comes to an end" as soon as next weekend.

Say it ain't so, John!

TomBradley72
09-23-2005, 09:43 AM
We all deserve better.

kevingrt
09-23-2005, 09:44 AM
We all deserve better.

So very true...

spiffie
09-23-2005, 09:49 AM
We all deserve better.
None of us deserve anything! This isn't about us! The fans don't matter at all! It would be best if we all just sent in our money and left them alone!

Sorry...after reading some of the threads on here lately you'd think we're the reason they keep putting out awful games for Rooney to describe in his last few weeks.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-23-2005, 09:51 AM
None of us deserve anything! This isn't about us! The fans don't matter at all! It would be best if we all just sent in our money and left them alone!

Can you say...skating on thin ice??

Lip Man 1
09-23-2005, 10:12 AM
With all due respect to John, the fans, especially those who have live through things like Disco Demolition, the threats to move the team four times, the labor impass of 1994 and the White Flag Trade deserve far more then they are getting out of this organization.

Lip

TomBradley72
09-23-2005, 10:18 AM
With all due respect to John, the fans, especially those who have live through things like Disco Demolition, the threats to move the team four times, the labor impass of 1994 and the White Flag Trade deserve far more then they are getting out of this organization.

Lip

Bingo.

Here's an excerpt from an email I sent to Ozzie/Brooks...I just needed to get a few things off my chest:
We're booing 46 years since a World Series appearance or a win at home in the post season. We're booing 88 years since our last championship. We're booing at the local and national media that has never believed in you or reinforced our belief in you and your team. We're booing because we've all dreamed of a memorable October...for the first time in our lives...and we're worried we're losing that. We're booing because we'll never hear the end of it from Cub fans who are our coworkers, family members, friends that we will be around every day.

We're booing because we have believed in this team all year. Completely.

We still do. We're just very passionate about the White Sox....like you.

Good luck to you and the guys. We know you'll finish the job.

Medford Bobby
09-23-2005, 10:47 AM
:smile: John deserves mo money............:bandance:

putherawaywet
09-23-2005, 04:39 PM
I agree that this organization doesn't do a darn thing right. It is so incredibly frustrating. Listening to Rooney in the car is one of the true joys of summer. To make matters worse, they appear to be considering North. This turn of events would really test my loyalty. I didn't think that it had a limit but this organization finds new and innovative ways to test it. Oh yeah, the whole playoff tickets for sale via ticketmaster only was another test. As much as I love the team, i can't imagine that it could be run by a bigger bunch of idiots.

Lip Man 1
09-23-2005, 04:45 PM
No the organization is not considering North.

Lip

crazyozzie02
09-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Bingo.

Here's an excerpt from an email I sent to Ozzie/Brooks...I just needed to get a few things off my chest:
We're booing 46 years since a World Series appearance or a win at home in the post season. We're booing 88 years since our last championship. We're booing at the local and national media that has never believed in you or reinforced our belief in you and your team. We're booing because we've all dreamed of a memorable October...for the first time in our lives...and we're worried we're losing that. We're booing because we'll never hear the end of it from Cub fans who are our coworkers, family members, friends that we will be around every day.

No truer words have EVER been said my friend. Great summary of how we all feel

putherawaywet
09-23-2005, 05:09 PM
No truer words have EVER been said my friend. Great summary of how we all feel

Your podzilla meter reads: Stolen Bases: 56 Out of 79(Leads Majors!!)

As a point of clarification I must point out that he does not lead the majors in stolen bases. He does, however, lead the majors in # times caught stealing.

crazyozzie02
09-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Your podzilla meter reads: Stolen Bases: 56 Out of 79(Leads Majors!!)

As a point of clarification I must point out that he does not lead the majors in stolen bases. He does, however, lead the majors in # times caught stealing.

Thank you for pointing that our.

patbooyah
09-23-2005, 05:41 PM

Lip

thank god we were all able to live through disco demolition! :?:

the chaos at disco demolition was a result of the fans... not management. you can't blame them for that.

TaylorStSox
09-23-2005, 05:46 PM
Bingo.

I'm sorry, but this line makes me sick!!!:angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-23-2005, 05:52 PM
thank god we were all able to live through disco demolition! :?:

Hell, Disco Demolition is one of the very few memorable chapters in the 100+ history of the White Sox. Disco was DESTROYED at Old Comiskey Park. That's some feat! We're certainly more known for that one date in 1979 than anything accomplished on the playing field including 1906, 1917, and 1959.

Lip just likes to dwell on the negative. Surprisingly, he can't find enough negativity in the history of the Sox to not sometimes embellish it with goofy over-the-top statements. We've lived through soooooo much...
:cool:

ja1022
09-23-2005, 05:56 PM
the fans, especially those who have live through things like Disco Demolition, the threats to move the team four times, the labor impass of 1994 and the White Flag Trade deserve far more then they are getting out of this organization.

Lip

Oooooh the drama of it all!!!! You deserve soooo much more......:roflmao:

Being a Sox fan is not out of your hands. It's a choice you make. If it makes your life to difficult to deal with, go away.

Lip Man 1
09-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Ja:

No it is not in my hands. I was born and raised on the South Side of Chicago. I'm not a bandwagon jumper. If I was born in San Francisco I'd be a Giants fan and so forth. I have many faults,but loyalty is not one of them.

Pat:

That was not and wasn't intended to be a slap at your Dad. It was an incident that became an embarassment to the organization because of what happened. Let's put it this way, whoever 'caused' it, the media made a field day out of it and that certainly did not reflect well on the organization (which was already struggling badly under Veeck) AND the fans. If you took it as an insult I do apologize to you and Steve it wasn't intended as such.

Lip

veeter
09-23-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm emotionally attached to the team. I really don't care that Rooney is leaving. I wouldn't care if they started over with all new announcers on the radio AND t.v. side. I'm sure many don't agree with me but the announcers are a way distant second to the players and their play on the field.

Medford Bobby
09-24-2005, 09:28 AM
:smile: As a kid I remember the world did not end after Bob Elson left, then Harry turned out to be a fine replacement...Once Harry left and we had a parade of announcers and the world was still intact..then I'm sure I'll we will tune in everynight with whom ever the new voices are...until they ask for a raise!:?:

chitownhawkfan
09-24-2005, 10:01 AM
I really dont like how we've been booing lately. Did Ozzie forget how to manage all of a sudden? I didnt think so, let him manage. If a guy doesnt hustle that is one thing, but because you dont like Ozzie's pitching change isnt a good reason to boo, at least in my humble opinion. We should collectively be a little more appreciative.