PDA

View Full Version : Melton Agrees .....

Hangar18
09-23-2005, 09:20 AM
with Hangar. "Cleveland isnt going to lose the rest of the way. The White Sox are going to have to win everything from here on out".

rdwj
09-23-2005, 09:33 AM
I don't think Cleveland will run the table, but they don't have to. There is NO WAY the Sox win the next 7 - just no way. They'll be lucky to take 4.

Soxzilla
09-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Hangar, you notice how Melton has been incredibly irritable with Luke Stuckmeyer on the postgame show?

Especially when the Brandon McCarthy thing has come up...

Everyone seems to be feeling the pressure.

Pulaski
09-23-2005, 09:35 AM
with Hangar. "Cleveland isnt going to lose the rest of the way. The White Sox are going to have to win everything from here on out".

I heard that on the post game. I think they will lose two games before we play them. One agaist the Royals and one agaisnt Tampa Boo. It is imperative the Sox win the next three against the Twinkies and sweep Detroit.

That will make for an interesting series in Cleveland!

rdwj
09-23-2005, 09:39 AM
I heard that on the post game. I think they will lose two games before we play them. One agaist the Royals and one agaisnt Tampa Boo. It is imperative the Sox win the next three against the Twinkies and sweep Detroit.

Actually - if we win the next 7 and Cleveland drops 2, the final series would be meaningless for us.

Soxzilla
09-23-2005, 09:41 AM

No it wouldn't. Because your scenario would have us clinching on the final day in Detroit.:cool:

wdelaney72
09-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Actually - if we win the next 7 and Cleveland drops 2, the final series would be meaningless for us.

Win the next 7? Perhaps, you should watch this team a bit more closely. It's not going to happen.

ChiSoxMTR
09-23-2005, 09:43 AM
How could anyone in their right mind think this team is about to win 7 in a row?

rdwj
09-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Win the next 7? Perhaps, you should watch this team a bit more closely. It's not going to happen.

I was commenting on his scenario. I don't think this team can win more than 4 of the next 7 - even if the Tigers have given up. Any amount of games the Tribe needs from us, they'll get. This team is lost.

sox7235
09-23-2005, 09:48 AM
How could anyone in their right mind think this team is about to win 7 in a row?

Did you think they would win 7 in a row after The texas series last month?

Terry21fg
09-23-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm looking at the pitching matchups for the next 7 games against Minn and Detroit and I really see the Sox taking at least 5, maybe 6...if they take 6 of 7, I think they will have clinched the Wild Card before heading to Ohio. That will take some tension off their shoulders.

Let's stay positive folks, I know it's tough, but if the Sox don't make the playoffs, we'll still wake up the next morning.

harwar
09-23-2005, 09:55 AM
I really believe that its all coming down to that final weekend series with the tribe.
Isn't meaningful games in september what we all ask for during the hopeful days of spring.Well,we got em in spades.
Its them or us and the best team will win and the other go home.

ChiSoxMTR
09-23-2005, 09:57 AM

Not really, but they were not playing nearly as bad then as they are now. I think they had won 4 of 5 before the Texas series started. Cheer for Baltimore.

rdwj
09-23-2005, 09:58 AM
I'm looking at the pitching matchups for the next 7 games against Minn and Detroit and I really see the Sox taking at least 5, maybe 6...if they take 6 of 7, I think they will have clinched the Wild Card before heading to Ohio. That will take some tension off their shoulders.

Let's stay positive folks, I know it's tough, but if the Sox don't make the playoffs, we'll still wake up the next morning.

I hope you're right, but you can't win if you can't score runs. Couple that with a pitching staff that gives any runs we score right back in the next inning and you're not gonna win many games.

BeviBall!
09-23-2005, 09:59 AM
I still can't believe Ozzie had Crede bunt last night.. with Pods on first. That right there is why we don't win games. Ozzie will be damned if 1+1 doesn't equal 3.

Heffalump
09-23-2005, 10:03 AM

I think it is great that many fans are staying so positve, God knows that we need you guys to keep a reasonable level of insanity around here.

I hope you are right too. but this team just seems to have lost everything. Its not that the players are not trying (I know they want to win just as bad as we want them to win). Everything from Pods basestealing, to ozzie's managing, to the fundamentals just seems impossible for them now.

I think they can turn it around and hold on. If they can, then the playoffs are a fresh start!! But each game I watch, my confidence gets weaker and weaker.

Oh well.....................GO SOX !!

Brian26
09-23-2005, 10:04 AM
I would be utterly surprised if Cleveland loses more than one game the rest of the way. I've got them down for one loss against the D-Rays, and that's it.

And anyone who thinks we're going to go in Cleveland for the last three games of the season and win two of three is crazy. Be prepared for the ultimate heartbreak during that one. If we, by some miracle, don't have greater than a 2.5 game lead going into that series, kiss it goodbye.

Jurr
09-23-2005, 10:06 AM
I think it is great that many fans are staying so positve, God knows that we need you guys to keep a reasonable level of insanity around here.

I hope you are right too. but this team just seems to have lost everything. Its not that the players are not trying (I know they want to win just as bad as we want them to win). Everything from Pods basestealing, to ozzie's managing, to the fundamentals just seems impossible for them now.

I think they can turn it around and hold on. If they can, then the playoffs are a fresh start!! But each game I watch, my confidence gets weaker and weaker.

Oh well.....................GO SOX !!
My digital cable and my cable modem have both fried at my house, making the ability to listen or watch Sox games nearly impossible. There is not ONE bar in Memphis that has the ability to show the games, either.

The way the Sox have been playing, I take it as a show of mercy by God.

sox7235
09-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Not really, but they were not playing nearly as bad then as they are now. I think they had won 4 of 5 before the Texas series started. Cheer for Baltimore.

yes, but they had lost 4 of 5 going into The detroit series where they swept them in 4 games.

I think winning 6 of their next 7 is not impossible at all.

Hangar18
09-23-2005, 10:15 AM

I jumped up and down when I saw KC take a 6-5 lead in the 6th ........
but then I laughed, told everyone KC doesnt have a bullpen and wouldnt hold CLE long. About 5 mins later, I saw it was 7-6 CLE. *sighs*
KC can hold the SOX back, but not the Cleve. SOX need to know this.
Win the next 10 in a row, you go to playoffs, anything less, we watch on tv.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-23-2005, 10:30 AM

Actually 41 of us won't:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58084

Hangar18
09-23-2005, 10:30 AM
I would be utterly surprised if Cleveland loses more than one game the rest of the way. I've got them down for one loss against the D-Rays, and that's it.

And anyone who thinks we're going to go in Cleveland for the last three games of the season and win two of three is crazy. Be prepared for the ultimate heartbreak during that one. If we, by some miracle, don't have greater than a 2.5 game lead going into that series, kiss it goodbye.

Thats why we losing 2 of 3 to KC was Crushing. Shoot, getting swept by the Angels was rough too, but no excuse to drop 2 gms in the standings to KC.
That set the tone for the rest of the month, and put un-needed pressure on ourselves to sweep Minny on the road, and Sweep CLE at home, which we didnt do. It was IMPERATIVE that we didnt go to CLEVELAND with less than a 3game lead ........That place is going to be Jam-Packed. They wont lose there.

:reinsy
"Anyone who thinks this team can catch Cleveland is crazy! But look at all the Money We Saved this year"

Brian26
09-23-2005, 10:34 AM
It was IMPERATIVE that we didnt go to CLEVELAND with less than a 3game lead ........That place is going to be Jam-Packed. They wont lose there.

Like I said, kiss it goodbye. As much as anyone here wants to say we control our own destiny, we don't. Anticipate getting swept out of asses in Cleveland (prepare for the worst)....which means we need a 3+ game lead going in there. We need to sweep the Tigers next week and win the next 3 games, and pray for a miracle in Kansas City and hope the DRays bring their A-game.

ChiSoxMTR
09-23-2005, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=Hangar18]Thats why we losing 2 of 3 to KC was Crushing. Shoot, getting swept by the Angels was rough too, but no excuse to drop 2 gms in the standings to KC.
That set the tone for the rest of the month, and put un-needed pressure on ourselves to sweep Minny on the road, and Sweep CLE at home, which we didnt do. It was IMPERATIVE that we didnt go to CLEVELAND with less than a 3game lead ........That place is going to be Jam-Packed. They wont lose there.

Now it's imperative that Boston doesn't get hot.

Pulaski
09-23-2005, 10:47 AM

You are right. That is bad math!

Ol' No. 2
09-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Anyone here who thinks they can predict what is going to happen over the next week is crazy. That's why they play the games. At this point in the season, it's best to just take it one game at a time. Trying to work out all the possible scenarios is a waste of time. It's baseball. Anything can happen. A team that's stumbling can get hot and a red-hot team can turn cold.

Lip Man 1
09-23-2005, 10:57 AM
No.2:

Well we certainly know about a red hot club turning ice cold don't we? :cool:

Lip

Ol' No. 2
09-23-2005, 10:59 AM
No.2:

Well we certainly know about a red hot club turning ice cold don't we? :cool:

LipAnd we've both been around long enough to know it can turn around just as fast.:cool:

Lip Man 1
09-23-2005, 11:42 AM
No.2:

I'm a cynic and based on the history of this organization in performance when things are tough, well....

:smile:

Lip

White Sox Randy
09-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Let's stay positive folks, I know it's tough, but if the Sox don't make the playoffs, we'll still wake up the next morning.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the problem.:(:

JimH
09-23-2005, 12:12 PM
The history of this franchise has nothing to do with what will happen in the next 10 days.

Goose
09-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Trying to work out all the possible scenarios is a waste of time. It's baseball.

But it sure does fill all the dead air between the games! :smile:

CHISOXFAN13
09-23-2005, 12:20 PM

Why not? Perhaps you should watch the Tigers a bit closer. You know, the team the Sox recently swept in a four-game set and also the same team who was swept by KC in a four-game set this week.

Santana is not pitching again.

Lip Man 1
09-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Jim:

Let's just say that the weight of the last 45 seasons tends to influence how I feel and we'll leave it at that.

Lip

White Sox Randy
09-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Right now, I wouldn't bet MY MONEY on the Sox winning 7 straight against a AAA team.