PDA

View Full Version : Teixeira/Boras want 10yr deal from TX

DaleJRFan
09-23-2005, 06:17 AM
Teixeira could get bucks for the bang (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/baseball/rangers/stories/092305dnsporangteixeira.1d72464e.html)
September 23
Dallas Morning News (registration required): "It was then that agent Scott Boras told the club they'd be willing to talk about a three-year deal that would buy out Teixeira's arbitration years or a 10-year deal. Nothing in between."

Also noted in the article is that KW is not the only GM not talking to Boras. Evidentally, the Rangers GM refuses to speak to him, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

Soxzilla
09-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Texieria would be a HOT fit on the White Sox.

Talk to him Kenny, talk until it hurts the wallet.

Frater Perdurabo
09-23-2005, 08:49 AM

Teixeira is not a free agent. He's entering his first arbitration-eligible year. The Sox would have to trade for him, and Texas' would begin by asking for Garland, Buehrle and Young in return.

Erik The Red
09-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Well, it's not like the last 10-yr deal the Rangers signed did them any harm.

Banix12
09-23-2005, 04:25 PM
It depends on how the money works out. Which I'm sure would be an outrageous amount from Boras. But Texiera is pretty much the best 1b in the AL (probably 3rd or 4th best overall) and I would gladly lock him up long term.

However he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid 1b. It all depends on how the money works out whether this is a good deal.

SOXSINCE'70
09-23-2005, 04:43 PM
:borass:

"Hey, all i'm askin' for is a fair deal for my client.":angry:

Randar68
09-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Teixeira is not a free agent. He's entering his first arbitration-eligible year. The Sox would have to trade for him, and Texas' would begin by asking for Garland, Buehrle and Young in return.

You're joking, right? What is more valuable in baseball? A #1 or 2 pitcher, or a slugging 1st baseman.

I actually like the idea of sending Garland or Buehrle to Texas for Texiera. They need pitching badly. Anyone think they'd turn down an All-Star pitcher for a 1st baseman when they have first-basemen-galore?

PAPChiSox729
09-23-2005, 09:07 PM
:borass:

"Hey, all i'm askin' for is a fair deal for my client.":angry:

That picture fits Boras to a tee.

Ventura Fan 23
09-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Boras is bad for the game...

SoxSpeed22
09-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Boras is bad for the game...There's a good reason we have this:borass:
Back to the topic though, Texeria is an All-Star, but how much of that is due to playing in Texas? If it was up to me, I wouldn't allow contracts past 5 years.

MHOUSE
09-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Teixeira is definately one of the top first basemen in the whole league and he's young to boot. However, how many times have big contracts held up the development of an entire organization or led to a player having one or two "off" years. Look no further than Colorado or Texas. IMO they should not allow contracts beyond 5 or 6 years. The players deserve security, but ballclubs take all the risk of an injury, the player flopping (Burrell, Boone, Thome), or any number of mishaps. Another thing you could do is add in more DL clauses or diminished skills clauses. Either way, Scott Boras deserves a heinous beating.

jehosaphat
09-24-2005, 08:13 PM

Texas has never seemed to have understood the importance of pitching, unless it is someone like Nolan Ryan who can put some fans in the stands. Hopefully KW understands that the main reason the Sox have the best record in the AL (despite all that has happenned in the past weeks and may still happen) is becuase we have good starters who gobble up a lot of innings. Ozzie Ball, Small Ball, blah, blah, blah, ... let's not kid ourselves. Why have the Sox been better than everyone else this season? Because of the starting pitching. I would hate to see the Sox trade away a quality starting pitcher, even for Teixeira.

StillMissOzzie
09-24-2005, 09:30 PM

Which also explains their current lack of zeal to put Bora$ on their speed dial. Getting those chumps to outbid themself was a slimy, unethical thing to do. If I'm the Rangers GM, I keep Texeira and drag his ass to arbitration each and every year.

SMO
:gulp:

buehrle4cy05
09-25-2005, 11:33 AM

:payrod
Just an excuse to use that tag.:cool:

santo=dorf
09-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Teixeria
Home: .332/.410/.698
Road: .265/.343/.457

I sure as hell wouldn't give up Buehrle or Young for that.

RallyBowl
09-25-2005, 01:32 PM
I heard he wants a 10 year deal for Crede, too.

nasox
09-25-2005, 01:44 PM

Just like with phone sex lines. Talk, talk, talk, until your wallet hurts. Or something else hurtsl.......:D:

Soxzilla
09-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Just like with phone sex lines. Talk, talk, talk, until your wallet hurts. Or something else hurtsl.......:D:

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW!:o::tongue:

SoxSpeed22
09-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Teixeria
Home: .332/.410/.698
Road: .265/.343/.457

I sure as hell wouldn't give up Buehrle or Young for that.:burly"What, you thought I was lying about their sign-stealing?!"