7. Win the WC and the ALDS
8. Win the WC
9. Not make the playoffs

chitownhawkfan
09-23-2005, 04:55 AM
What is going to happen to the Sox?

oeo
09-23-2005, 07:32 AM
Too early to tell...it's all dependent on the way these final 10 games go. If we win all 10, I'd say we have a shot at the World Series, but if we just edge the playoffs out...we're gone first round.

rdwj
09-23-2005, 08:13 AM
The way they've played the last two games - I just don't see any type of post season in their future. If they do get in, it will be because of other team's shortcomings and not because they're winning.

Up until last night, I still believed the division was ours, but this team is playing scared. They practically pee their pants in fear every time they have a chance to score runs. It's pretty pathetic.

ChiSoxGirl
09-23-2005, 08:17 AM
I just did something I NEVER thought I'd do this year- admit that the Sox will be going home next weekend by voting that they won't win the Division or Wild Card.

I've been thinking since the other night, because truthfully, what else is there to do when you're laying awake in bed at night unable to sleep, thanks to your beloved baseball team laying an egg? Remember that thread from over the summer that asked us if we'd cry at the end of the season? Well my Sox brethren, those tears will indeed be shed. It just seems like they'll be shed for all the wrong reasons. :whiner:

Hangar18
09-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Its very easy to tell. The SOX had this in their hands, and decided to lose 2 of 3 to Indians leaving them 0% margin for error in their next 8 games. They needed to go 8-0 knowing CLEVE would win last nite. Sox lost and things no longer ......are in their hands. This team has shown they cant win the big games and under pressure. (did I mention Carl Everett and Dye are HORRIBLE?)

chitownhawkfan
09-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Wow this poll has turned out to be more negative than I thought it would.

RallyBowl
09-23-2005, 06:28 PM
:threadsucks

Not the thread, actually. Just the results. This one is for over 67% of WSI-

YOU SUCK.

bluestar
09-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Up until last night, I still believed the division was ours, but this team is playing scared. They practically pee their pants in fear every time they have a chance to score runs. It's pretty pathetic.

Very accurate statement, IMO. Dye's at-bat last night with bases loaded and one out was a microcosm of everything the Sox are feeling right now. Instead of taking the game to the Twins by being aggressive, he stood there and took two strikes apparently in the hopes that Rincon (was it Rincon? I think it was...) would beat himself. This team has lost the "fire" and now seems to have resolved itself to hoping other teams will lose and they (the Sox) will win by default.

JB98
09-23-2005, 06:39 PM
I voted that we'll win the division and lose in the ALDS. I think we'll edge Cleveland by one game, clinching the second-to-last day of the season against the Indians.

However, the pitching staff has broken down too much for me to expect us to win a thing in the playoffs. That, plus Ozzie will be too stubborn to use McCarthy. Prepare for Garcia and Buerhle to lead us to a first-round exit.

TheOldRoman
09-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Its very easy to tell. The SOX had this in their hands, and decided to lose 2 of 3 to Indians leaving them 0% margin for error in their next 8 games. They needed to go 8-0 knowing CLEVE would win last nite. Sox lost and things no longer ......are in their hands. This team has shown they cant win the big games and under pressure. (did I mention Carl Everett and Dye are HORRIBLE?)
Hangar, are you trying to sound dumb on purpose?
Are you trying to be so ridiculous on purpose that you only steer people away from the point you are trying to make sarcastically?

WE ARE IN THE DRIVERS SEAT. The White Sox are in first place. Cleveland is not. If we win, we are the champs, NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE DOES. How are things not in our hands anymore? Cleveland will not sweep the Royals and Devil Rays, and will likely sweep neither one of them. You over look the fact that before last weekend, Cleveland was 7- 5 against the Royals. Three of their last 4 against the Royals have been hard faught. This mighty Indians team is also a mighty 2-4 against the Devil Rays, with all games coming in the second half. You are so insane that you overlook all of Cleveland's opponents and pretend they are all playing .200 ball. The Devil Rays have been one of the hottest teams in baseball the second half. The Royals are not a very team, but they are playing much better than the Tigers right now. If you say that you would rather play the Royals than Tigers right now you are insane. The Sox didn't need to go 8-0 starting last night, they are still in the lead. Cleveland is chasing us. I dont know what is wrong with you today, but you are really posting some dumb stuff.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-24-2005, 12:09 AM
My vote - Win the Division and the World Series.

That was the only choice IMHO.

MarySwiss
09-24-2005, 02:13 AM
My vote - Win the Division and the World Series.

That was the only choice IMHO.

Thank you! I made the Sox my pick to click for the World Series way back in January. And I see no reason to change my mind now.

jerry myers
09-24-2005, 09:31 AM
my vote was wild card and win the world series, but i do believe they can win central, but wild card we have a better chance, if we continue to struggle. but once were in ,,its brand new,,, id like to play the yankees.