PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Quotes

Lip Man 1
09-23-2005, 02:24 AM
Apparently Kenny Williams is slightly ticked off about the way things have been going...Ozzie continues to stew in silence rather then hammer his players and now Greg Walker is getting into the 'swing and a miss' of things:

"[McCarthy] was the only good thing I saw tonight. I don't want to talk about how I feel about my team because I might say something you guys or my team don't want to hear."--Ozzie Guillen

Asked if he still had complete confidence in his team, Williams answered:

"Hell, no. Anything could happen with 10 games left and a 2-game lead. We have to persevere and get over the hump."

Then this really is time to be nervous?

"Hell, yes," he said. " When you see that number shrink down, yes, you're going to be concerned.'

The offense, which Cleveland's Scott Elarton shut down Wednesday, has been terrible with runners in scoring position. It also was on Williams' hit list.

"Our approach stunk," he said. "[Scott Podsednik] has to make an adjustment, get a little healthier and maybe that will get us in our offensive rhythm. We do not have a good offensive approach at the plate right now. It's that simple."

"He's a high fastball pitcher (Scott Elarton), and we're not a disciplined team, and that's what you get."--Greg Walker.

It almost sounds like the finger pointing has started. Not a good thing considering they still have 10 games left and miracles have been known to happen.

Lip

DaleJRFan
09-23-2005, 02:30 AM
Is the hitting coach responsible for the "offensive approach" or is that Ozzie territory??

Hopefully Kenny Williams is shining his golden axe as we speak...

daveeym
09-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Apparently Kenny Williams is slightly ticked off about the way things have been going...Ozzie continues to stew in silence rather then hammer his players and now Greg Walker is getting into the 'swing and a miss' of things:

"[McCarthy] was the only good thing I saw tonight. I don't want to talk about how I feel about my team because I might say something you guys or my team don't want to hear."--Ozzie Guillen

"Hell, no. Anything could happen with 10 games left and a 2-game lead. We have to persevere and get over the hump."

"Hell, yes," he said. " When you see that number shrink down, yes, you're going to be concerned.'

The offense, which Cleveland's Scott Elarton shut down Wednesday, has been terrible with runners in scoring position. It also was on Williams' hit list.

"Our approach stunk," he said. "[Scott Podsednik] has to make an adjustment, get a little healthier and maybe that will get us in our offensive rhythm. We do not have a good offensive approach at the plate right now. It's that simple."

"He's a high fastball pitcher (Scott Elarton), and we're not a disciplined team, and that's what you get."--Greg Walker.

It almost sounds like the finger pointing has started. Not a good thing considering they still have 10 games left and miracles have been known to happen.

Lip

Player's manager? The excuse making started with Hermanson starting to falter because he's injured, then the first real rough spot was cuz pod's and everett was injured. The excuses started flowing more easily from there on out and have culminated with 91 one wins and booing fans giving the team ulcers.

BeviBall!
09-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Lots of excuses as to why we didn't trade for anyone as well. LOTS of excuses.

greenpeach
09-23-2005, 09:08 AM

Lip

KW is lowering the lifeboat before the Soxtanic sinks into the frigid abyss.

Medford Bobby
09-23-2005, 09:21 AM
:angry: I just wish Ozzie would get mad during a game...throw a bucket of balls around, smash a water cooler....or I'd like to see Buehrle or Garland do the same...just put on a "fit"...show some disgust....anything......:whiner:

wdelaney72
09-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Maybe Kenny would also like to comment on how Buehrle and Garcia can no longer throw strikes.

Soxzilla
09-23-2005, 09:39 AM
After this season is through, I'd rather not see Ozzie Guillen, Joey Cora and Greg Walker in the Sox dugout at all.

Sad thing is, we'll probably keep those three, and lose Don Cooper to the Yankees.:rolleyes:

BeviBall!
09-23-2005, 09:47 AM
After this season is through, I'd rather not see Ozzie Guillen, Joey Cora and Greg Walker in the Sox dugout at all.

Sad thing is, we'll probably keep those three, and lose Don Cooper to the Yankees.:rolleyes:

If the Sox blow this and don't make the playoffs at all and Ozzie is still manager, we'll know how badly the Chairman wants that ring.

daveeym
09-23-2005, 11:03 AM
If the Sox blow this and don't make the playoffs at all and Ozzie is still manager, we'll know how badly the Chairman wants that ring.Bah, Ozzie's fine and we probably wouldn't be in this position to begin with without him. He deserves his share of the blame for sure but come on. Walker should have his bags packed already. Cora, meh? Speaking of coaches Has Baines fallen into the bottomless pit with Ozzie Smith?

BeviBall!
09-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Bah, Ozzie's fine and we probably wouldn't be in this position to begin with without him. He deserves his share of the blame for sure but come on. Walker should have his bags packed already. Cora, meh? Speaking of coaches Has Baines fallen into the bottomless pit with Ozzie Smith?

If I knew what Baines did, I'd probably be mad at him too.

akingamongstmen
09-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Bah, Ozzie's fine and we probably wouldn't be in this position to begin with without him. He deserves his share of the blame for sure but come on. Walker should have his bags packed already. Cora, meh? Speaking of coaches Has Baines fallen into the bottomless pit with Ozzie Smith?

Hahaha! I hope he brought his camera. :redneck

JB98
09-23-2005, 02:10 PM
All this stuff I'm reading in the media is actually a greater concern to me than what I'm seeing on the field. That's an about-face for me because I usually don't give a rip about what I read in the paper.

However, these guys through their quotes and their body language look absolutely defeated. They're on the verge of giving up, and it all starts with Ozzie. The team isn't going to pull it together unless he pulls it together.

The photo on the front of the Cubune today says it all. Paulie is holding his head in his hands and looking down at the floor, and Pods looks like someone just shot his dog. If these players continue to mope around and feel sorry for themselves, we are going to lose this thing.

There is still time to turn this around, and we have seven very winnable games starting with tonight. Someone should tell these players they still have the best record in AL right now. They don't need to hear their manager tell them they "flat-out stink" again. That's for damn sure. Quit crying and play baseball, for God's sake.

dannycater
09-23-2005, 02:29 PM
If I knew what Baines did, I'd probably be mad at him too.

LOL!!!!!!

thank you......you made my day.....haven't laughed in a week...