PDA

View Full Version : Breath In.....breath Out

mikesouthside
09-23-2005, 12:34 AM
I't been a very stressful week and still more to come. Guys/Gals...Yes we HAD a 15 game lead...get over it. YES we did have one hell of a first half....but come on we Sox fans are being spoiled. We are acting like if we pout and stomp our feet they will play better and get a few W's just to shut us up. Think back to opening day. If I said 1.5 game lead on Sept. 22nd..you'd all take it. Catch 22 with the past lead I know, but lets go get them tomorrow.

TomParrish79
09-23-2005, 12:36 AM
I like the way you think.

mikesouthside
09-23-2005, 12:38 AM
It's after an hour of throwing stuff at the walls and kicking my dog......ha. This team will send me to the looney bin.

CHISOXFAN13
09-23-2005, 12:39 AM
I't been a very stressful week and still more to come. Guys/Gals...Yes we HAD a 15 game lead...get over it. YES we did have one hell of a first half....but come on we Sox fans are being spoiled. We are acting like if we pout and stomp our feet they will play better and get a few W's just to shut us up. Think back to opening day. If I said 1.5 game lead on Sept. 22nd..you'd all take it. Catch 22 with the past lead I know, but lets go get them tomorrow.

That theory works both ways.

If I would have told you we had a 15-game lead on Aug. 1, would you be content with a 1.5 game lead?

It's not over, but that argument drives me nuts.

mikesouthside
09-23-2005, 12:41 AM
I know I know...I'm just trying to stay calm until my prozac kicks in. I'm going nuts, one minute positive the next like a crazy crack head. I need sleep...ha.

Nellie_Fox
09-23-2005, 12:41 AM
If I said 1.5 game lead on Sept. 22nd..you'd all take it. This argument is getting so thin that you can see through it. It assumes that we know absolutely nothing about what has transpired since, and that we know nothing about the direction the two teams involved are heading.

mikesouthside
09-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Please hold me.....ha. Good Night....go get them tomorrow.

TomParrish79
09-23-2005, 12:45 AM
well in the Sox players defense...it is hard to keep a lead when you cant score!

So lay off...lol

CHISOXFAN13
09-23-2005, 12:45 AM
I know I know...I'm just trying to stay calm until my prozac kicks in. I'm going nuts, one minute positive the next like a crazy crack head. I need sleep...ha.

I feel your pain. This has been the worst week of sleep I've had in my life.

sox7235
09-23-2005, 12:46 AM
I haven't given up hope, but after tonight, it is so hard to stay positive. All we needed was a fly ball from Jermaine and he let that 1st pitch go right down Broadway, why????

I would like a 7 game winning streak starting tomorrow, oh to dream.

Please White Sox, I'm not going to quit, the question is:

Have you already?

wmc
09-23-2005, 12:52 AM
This argument is getting so thin that you can see through it. It assumes that we know absolutely nothing about what has transpired since, and that we know nothing about the direction the two teams involved are heading.

The direction of the team is what bothers me also. A two game lead at this point is relatively comfortable -- as the LAA are enjoying over OAK -- as long as the team is playing reasonably well compared to its competition. That is not the case now with the Sox vs. CLE.

I hope things change soon...

Brian26
09-23-2005, 12:56 AM
The direction of the team is what bothers me also. A two game lead at this point is relatively comfortable

:angry: :?:

We're three games from missing the playoffs, if I'm reading things correctly (Boston is 1.5 games out of the wild card, and we're 1.5 ahead of Cleveland).

I have no idea how anyone could feel comfortable right now.

SOXfnNlansing
09-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Ozzie has the team poised to do some serious damage from here out! (no teal) You just watch!

Nellie_Fox
09-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Ozzie has the team poised to do some serious damage from here out! (no teal) You just watch!I can't tell you how badly I wish I had your optimism.

TomParrish79
09-23-2005, 01:00 AM
I hope ur right

Brian26
09-23-2005, 01:01 AM
Ozzie has the team poised to do some serious damage from here out! (no teal) You just watch!

Damage to other teams or damage to my blood pressure and sleep patterns?

Patrick134
09-23-2005, 01:04 AM
It's so odd that in a weird way, it would be a relief to win the division and then lose in the first series, avoiding the real disaster.

Brian26
09-23-2005, 01:10 AM
It's so odd that in a weird way, it would be a relief to win the division and then lose in the first series, avoiding the real disaster.

The real disaster of not making it at all?

mantis1212
09-23-2005, 01:29 AM

I was thinking the same thing that walking down the ramp today after the Twins scored three. At this point I don't care what happens in the playoffs, as long as the Sox GET THERE.

DieTrying79
09-23-2005, 02:09 AM
Maybe I should start a thread entitled "What did you break/do when Ford Scored That Run?"...

For me, it was a tirade of expletives and a somewhat new universal remote control colliding with the wall...only a few things can get me like this, and THIS is one of them.

So, who's getting on Prozac this week? :?:

Sleep and gray hairs have been issues of late, too!

DaleJRFan
09-23-2005, 02:18 AM
Maybe I should start a thread entitled "What did you break/do when Ford Scored That Run?"...

I turned the game off at that very point, drove down to the local Greek Diner and got a bowl of soup.

Also.... if the 2005 Sox slogan is "Win or Dye Trying" Shouldn't roughly 75% of the active roster be DEAD by now?????

chitownhawkfan
09-23-2005, 05:34 AM
I can't tell you how badly I wish I had your optimism.

Nellie I couldnt agree with you any more, both in this thread and others, our fans are starting to sound like Cubs fans with all of this Believe crap. Do I hope we are going to win the division, of course, do I think it makes sense to run around blind to the fact that Cleveland is just about to pass us, no!

Instead of a dancing banana I think we need a smilie of a crying banana with a gun in his mouth.