BB - 23
K - 50
SB - 1
CS - 2
AVG - .220
OBP - .298
SLG - .388
OPS - .686

In other words, Godawful...And they're getting worse by the moment.

But hey, I bet you that each and every RBI was "clutch", right?

I'm still trying to figure out why I was given a month off for saying that our offense would struggle with Carl hitting in the 3-slot everyday.:dunno:

Frater Perdurabo
09-22-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm still aboard the bandwagon (in fact, I've been drving it), but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Carl Everett isn't fit to carry Frank Thomas' jock strap.

Banix12
09-22-2005, 09:55 PM
I know he's struggled and it's certainly a position I would strongly consider upgrading in the offseason. However I don't really see many other better options right now so this is a discussion best saved for the offseason.

Now to wait for the Ross Gload and Joe Borchard people to start complaining about them being better options.

And as I look at your last thread, you got banned for insulting an administrator not your opinions on Carl.

ThinWhiteDuque
09-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Now to wait for the Ross Gload and Joe Borchard people to start complaining about them being better options.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Gload could post a .686 OPS in 200-odd at-bats.

Banix12
09-22-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm pretty sure Gload could post a .686 OPS in 200-odd at-bats.

This has been covered ad nauseum and I don't really care. With a week or so left in the season I'm sticking with Everett. I don't really care what the FORG think of my opinion on this.

rainbow6
09-22-2005, 10:01 PM
The better option is to take him out of the three-hole and replace him with Uribe.

Having an automatic out in arguably of the most important part of your order is inexcusable.

I'm an Ozzie fan, but his desire to stick with what aint workin' is maddening.

Luke

Banix12
09-22-2005, 10:03 PM
The better option is to take him out of the three-hole and replace him with Uribe.

Having an automatic out in arguably of the most important part of your order is inexcusable.

Luke

I like that idea better.

Obviously the three-hole needs to be seriously addressed this offseason, but that's a matter for another time.

Deadguy
09-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Carl is just a glorified platoon player whose been shoved into the role on the team as the #2 run producer. He's done all he can do, but it's clear that the higher ups have expected too much out of him. His performance this year doesn't deviate far from what he has done since 2001, outside of 2003.

ElDuque26
09-22-2005, 10:13 PM
I know its late in the season and its tough to make a change now...but mccarthy for elduque was a great switch, and everett is at the stage now where he is costing us at bats and i think ozzie needs to give someone else a shot...i have no confidence while carl is at the plate

ND_Sox_Fan
09-22-2005, 10:21 PM
I know its late in the season and its tough to make a change now...but mccarthy for elduque was a great switch, and everett is at the stage now where he is costing us at bats and i think ozzie needs to give someone else a shot...i have no confidence while carl is at the plate

Absolutely. I think a good benching for two or three games would be great. I would rather see someone with a chance at the plate. Hell, Brian Anderson, Gload, Borchard even.

This it's too late to make a change BS is out of control. It's too late to lose any more games is the bottom line, and CE is losing games for us right now.

BigHurtRules
09-22-2005, 10:33 PM
His stats since the All-Star break:

AB - 209
R - 28
H - 46
2B - 5
3B - 0
HR - 10
RBI - 30
BB - 23
K - 50
SB - 1
CS - 2
AVG - .220
OBP - .298
SLG - .388
OPS - .686

In other words, Godawful...And they're getting worse by the moment.

But hey, I bet you that each and every RBI was "clutch", right?

I'm still trying to figure out why I was given a month off for saying that our offense would struggle with Carl hitting in the 3-slot everyday.:dunno:

I think we've seen the last of Carl. No way do the Sox pick up that $5 mill option.

jehosaphat
09-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Carl is just a glorified platoon player whose been shoved into the role on the team as the #2 run producer. He's done all he can do, but it's clear that the higher ups have expected too much out of him. His performance this year doesn't deviate far from what he has done since 2001, outside of 2003.

Right - he's a streak hitter, a decent bat off the bench type of guy - unfortunately, he's not on the bench - he's starting. There is an outside chance he'll get hot, but that is hardly what you want in your DH going down the stretch run. Sigh

Deuce
09-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Carl should be batting sixth... no reason to reward incompetance.

WagMan
09-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Our two hottest hitters are at the end of the order with little chance to do any damage because no one's getting on in front of them. Yet, our 3rd hitter can't do jack! While I appreciate Ozzie's loyalty to his players even as they scuffle, I'd rather have a bruised ego in the clubhouse in the post-season than no post-season at all.

Banix12
09-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Carl should be batting sixth... no reason to reward incompetance.

I think that's where he should really bat at all times. He's never been a prototypical 3-hole hitter. However I don't think the sox really have one of those other than Frank.

Bluegrass1SOXFAN
09-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Carl just swings and hacks and every once in a while he guesses right and smacks one. I can't stand him in that 3 spot!! He needs to be on the bench, or in the 6 spot. Put Uribe in the spot. I think he has a better chance of getting something done behind Pods and Iguchi.

Truthfully, i don't evn know if this works so late in the year. The bottom line is this '05 team is playing as if they look exhausted, or bored, or something! What happened to all the pop, and spunk they had going into August??

Can't anyone stand up and have a private meeting with the team and put a fire up their rears!!!?? Somebody PLEASE act like they care (that does NOT include most of the pitching staff...they have carried the team all year. We can't put the blame on them! This is ALL about our POP-UP, no clutch hitting offense we have)
:angry:

fahQ
09-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Carl just swings and hacks and every once in a while he guesses right and smacks one. I can't stand him in that 3 spot!! He needs to be on the bench, or in the 6 spot. Put Uribe in the spot. I think he has a better chance of getting something done behind Pods and Iguchi.

Truthfully, i don't evn know if this works so late in the year. The bottom line is this '05 team is playing as if they look exhausted, or bored, or something! What happened to all the pop, and spunk they had going into August??

Can't anyone stand up and have a private meeting with the team and put a fire up their rears!!!?? Somebody PLEASE act like they care (that does NOT include most of the pitching staff...they have carried the team all year. We can't put the blame on them! This is ALL about our POP-UP, no clutch hitting offense we have)
:angry:

U really can't put it any better than this. Honestlly we need to put someone else, anyone else(yes including timo) as our DH. It's just a big waste having him hit in the 3 hole. Ozzie has gone into flatline lately so maybe he gets the paddles tom. and benches his sorry a$$, but who knows it is Oswaldo were talking about here.

Dan H
09-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Crazy Carl should go, and there is no reason he shouldn't go right now. I never wanted this guy on this team in a part-time role much less batting third. Why not put anyone else in the third slot? Could anyone do any worse? Anyone can strike out in the clutch like this dope does on a regular basis. Please go right now, Carl. Just go.

ScottsdaleSoxFan
09-22-2005, 11:24 PM
I like Carl's attitude, but he certainly doesn't get it done on the field. He has become a joke, then again so has the rest of this team. They have no heart. I bet McCarthy wishes he was on any other team because they would have been smart enough to start him sooner.

kitekrazy
09-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Absolutely. I think a good benching for two or three games would be great. I would rather see someone with a chance at the plate. Hell, Brian Anderson, Gload, Borchard even.

This it's too late to make a change BS is out of control. It's too late to lose any more games is the bottom line, and CE is losing games for us right now.

Yeah I wonder if a guy like George Steinbrenner would except a lame excuse like too late to make a change.

Set Carl. He looks like Sammy up there.

BeviBall!
09-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Carl was rocking when he was fighting for PT when Frank was here. Competition makes everyone better. Why we didn't go out and trade for a replacement when FT went down is what will spell this teams ultimate doom.

ND_Sox_Fan
09-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Carl was rocking when he was fighting for PT when Frank was here. Competition makes everyone better. Why we didn't go out and trade for a replacement when FT went down is what will spell this teams ultimate doom.

What do you mean? We got Blum.

I agree completely. Remember when we had a "problem" because we had too many guys that could hit?

oeo
09-22-2005, 11:53 PM
I agree that he has been sucking it up...it's ridiculous to watch, he just guesses and the majority of the time he guesses wrong. He doesn't do anything productive, he's usually out on 2-3 pitches, it's ugly to watch especially from our #3 hitter.

But who steps up and takes that job? What is a better option? I guess we could try Anderson or Gload, but will they even get the job done? I say you throw Iguchi into the #3 slot, slide Uribe up to #2 and try Anderson or Gload DH'ing. What's it going to hurt? Podsednik can't steal bags like he could before, so we can't play the same game...try something new, who knows, it might actually work.

iamkoza
09-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Let's just keep hitting crazy carl in the #3 slot. Are we the first team in history to consistently use a sub .250 hitter in the #3 slot?

BeviBall!
09-23-2005, 12:06 AM
Let's just keep hitting crazy carl in the #3 slot. Are we the first team in history to consistently use a sub .250 hitter in the #3 slot?

There was a stat on the tron last night about Gload having the highest average in the second half of 2004, except for Ichiro. I ask you, why not let him start one game?

iamkoza
09-23-2005, 12:08 AM
There was a stat on the tron last night about Gload having the highest average in the second half of 2004, except for Ichiro. I ask you, why not let him start one game?

Has he played enough to be able to produce ASAP? We don't have a couple of weeks to let Gload get back into the swing of things

BeviBall!
09-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Has he played enough to be able to produce ASAP? We don't have a couple of weeks to let Gload get back into the swing of things

I'm pretty sure he can learn to swing for the fences and strike out in key situations pretty fast.

iamkoza
09-23-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm pretty sure he can learn to swing for the fences and strike out in key situations pretty fast.

Maybe we can start using Everett as our version of Roger Dorn? Especailly considering he already stands over the plate

mmmmmbeeer
09-23-2005, 12:11 AM
I agree that he has been sucking it up...it's ridiculous to watch, he just guesses and the majority of the time he guesses wrong. He doesn't do anything productive, he's usually out on 2-3 pitches, it's ugly to watch especially from our #3 hitter.

But who steps up and takes that job? What is a better option? I guess we could try Anderson or Gload, but will they even get the job done? I say you throw Iguchi into the #3 slot, slide Uribe up to #2 and try Anderson or Gload DH'ing. What's it going to hurt? Podsednik can't steal bags like he could before, so we can't play the same game...try something new, who knows, it might actually work.

quit making sense

Buon Pasqua
09-23-2005, 08:34 AM
i don't believe in carl everett. he's just wrong.

ja1022
09-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Finally, a Carl sucks thread. It's been a long time coming. Even Hawk and DJ have quit telling us about all his clutch hits and key RBI. He might be a great guy to drink beer with, but as a three hitter, he blows. ****, at this point I'd rather see Timo than Carl.

BeviBall!
09-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Finally, a Carl sucks thread. It's been a long time coming. Even Hawk and DJ have quit telling us about all his clutch hits and key RBI. He might be a great guy to drink beer with, but as a three hitter, he blows. ****, at this point I'd rather see Timo than Carl.

No you wouldn't... you'd rather see that bat we didn't get at the deadline.

Hangar18
09-23-2005, 12:45 PM

Luke

I agree. He has been terrible. He got a pitch to drive twice yesterday,
and could only Foul off the pitch. That was key .......instead of making contact and moving the runner up, he instead got himself out by swinging at inside pitches and pitches way hi out of the zone. Hes an automatic out that should be on the bench or batting 9th. He was the key reason TWICE last nite why we didnt win

Hangar18
09-23-2005, 12:48 PM
I bet McCarthy wishes he was on any other team because they would have been smart enough to start him sooner.

dont get me started on this. El Duque lost us 3 games in a row when BMac shouldve gotten the start. Imagine if we win those 3 games ..........

ThinWhiteDuque
09-23-2005, 03:13 PM
This has been covered ad nauseum and I don't really care. With a week or so left in the season I'm sticking with Everett. I don't really care what the FORG think of my opinion on this.

This type of attitude is exactly why we've lost 13.5 games on our lead in less than a month.

Iguana775
09-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Put crede at #3. He's been on fire! ;)

nodiggity59
09-23-2005, 03:23 PM
The only thing that keeps me going is that Carl isn't THIS bad. He's gotta return to his mean at some point......right?

TomBradley72
09-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Even worse...he's hitting .202-5-15 over the past 30 days...the only regular hitting <.250....he is the "El Duque" of the offense. Maybe Pods should move to DH...and play BA in LF....

Banix12
09-23-2005, 04:22 PM
This type of attitude is exactly why we've lost 13.5 games on our lead in less than a month.

Nice to know my attitude is to blame, not the Indians playing .700 plus ball.

Do I have a ton of faith in Everett? no. However I have less faith in just about every other option.

Again, this is just my opinion and I don't think Ozzie and Kenny listen to me much so please think hard before addressing blame to my type of attitude.

Last time I checked, my attitude hasn't picked up a bat or thrown a ball this season.

ThinWhiteDuque
09-23-2005, 06:14 PM
Nice to know my attitude is to blame, not the Indians playing .700 plus ball.

Do I have a ton of faith in Everett? no. However I have less faith in just about every other option.

Again, this is just my opinion and I don't think Ozzie and Kenny listen to me much so please think hard before addressing blame to my type of attitude.

Last time I checked, my attitude hasn't picked up a bat or thrown a ball this season.

Your resistance to change despite obvious failure is symptomatic of the main problem with this team right now. Your blind stubbornness, although not directly linked to Guillen's decisions, is shared by him, and THAT is the problem with the CWS since Frank's injury.

Are we clear?

And by the way, if the CWS were playing worth a damn, CLE's .700 winning percentage wouldn't matter. Your boy Carl is a major reason for that, as is your/Guillen's attitude of "oh well, he'll come around...he's a veteran leader".

If you were running the Braves, Mondesi would still be stinking it up everyday, and Francouer would probably be in AA.

RallyBowl
09-23-2005, 06:23 PM
i don't believe in carl everett. he's just wrong.

Well, he's not in the bible either....

Carl really has sucked it up. He is a guy that is a veteran, has been an all star, has been to the playoffs (IIRC). He should be one of the guys that is a leader on the team. Leaders step up when the going gets tough. Leaders show the guys who have never been there before what it's gonna take to get there. He hasn't done it. The homer against CLE to go up 1 ( I called it, BTW!) was huge, but it doesn't make up for an overall lack of production. Carl needs to step it up the last 10 games. He can do it. I don't know why he hasn't. Here's to hoping he finishes strong, elevates his game on the field and in the clubhouse.:gulp:

Daver
09-23-2005, 06:43 PM
OK simpleton, let me clarify

Keep insulting people and you'll get more than a month off.

Or better yet, insult me again.

ThinWhiteDuque
09-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Keep insulting people and you'll get more than a month off.

Or better yet, insult me again.

Man Daver, you don't like me very much. I honestly don't remember insulting you, but I'll take your word for it, and I apologize. I'll certainly steer clear of doing so in the future.

By the way, and I'm not being a smartass here: What does "FORG" mean? I took it as an insult...I'm just curious if I was correct in that assumption.

ThinWhiteDuque
09-23-2005, 07:36 PM
What does "FORG" mean? I took it as an insult...I'm just curious if I was correct in that assumption.

Nevermind, I found it.

"Friends of Ross Gload"

Funny. That deserves a :)

I wonder if Ross knows how appreciated he really is.

Daver
09-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Nevermind, I found it.

"Friends of Ross Gload"

Funny. That deserves a :)

I wonder if Ross knows how appreciated he really is.

Quoting yourself is very bad form.

:)

Banix12
09-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Your resistance to change despite obvious failure is symptomatic of the main problem with this team right now. Your blind stubbornness, although not directly linked to Guillen's decisions, is shared by him, and THAT is the problem with the CWS since Frank's injury.

Are we clear?

And by the way, if the CWS were playing worth a damn, CLE's .700 winning percentage wouldn't matter. Your boy Carl is a major reason for that, as is your/Guillen's attitude of "oh well, he'll come around...he's a veteran leader".

If you were running the Braves, Mondesi would still be stinking it up everyday, and Francouer would probably be in AA.

If I were running the Braves I probably wouldn't be on a white sox message board talking to you.

As for Carl being my boy, read my previous post. I said I don't have a lot of faith in him. I just have less faith in Gload and Borchard and the other options currently on the roster. And that's my opinion, you don't agree with that but I don't exactly care. Believe whatever you want.

I would have happily upgraded his position at the deadline. I also believe his position needs to be upgraded in the offseason. I just don't see Gload or Borchard being that guy now or in the future.

Though if Ozzie wants to play either one of them in Everett's place I wouldn't be screaming "Oh god, where's Everett!" like I guess you think my reaction would be. I wouldn't think much of it at all, because I see it as more of a lateral move than an upgrade.

While I like Gload I don't share the opinion of many on this board that he is like Thor and his great hammer shall jumpstart the team's offense to godlike proportions. I don't see it as a big deal.

soxrme
09-23-2005, 09:49 PM
I think we've seen the last of Carl. No way do the Sox pick up that $5 mill option.

The problem with that is whovere gets him KW will trade 3 more minor leaguers to get hun back.

RallyBowl
09-24-2005, 10:13 AM
The problem with that is whovere gets him KW will trade 3 more minor leaguers to get hun back.

AHHHHHHHHHH! My Eyes!

:tealpolice: :tealtutor: