09-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Marte will get it back

PAPChiSox729
09-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Marte will get it back

Well not tonight.

Soxfanspcu11
09-22-2005, 10:09 PM
This is getting to the point of being comical. I just dont understand walking people and I never will get it. Can someone explain this??? Why are you walking people in a 1 run ballgame?????????????????????????????

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!

If anyone can give me an answer i will give them 100 bucks

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

1951Campbell
09-22-2005, 10:12 PM
This is getting to the point of being comical. I just dont understand walking people and I never will get it. Can someone explain this??? Why are you walking people in a 1 run ballgame?????????????????????????????

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!

If anyone can give me an answer i will give them 100 bucks

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'd love $100, but I can't even think of a remotely plausible reason for Marte's continued appearances at this point.

Blancos Medias
09-22-2005, 10:12 PM
What I want to know, is how the **** can Guillen justify putting in this noodle-armed pitching machine in a game of this magnitude???

He has NOTHING left. If by some miracle they make the playoffs, this mutt should be sent packing.

McCarthy should have pitched the 9th. Period. Is he 'tired' too? He's only 21!

PAPChiSox729
09-22-2005, 10:20 PM
If by some miracle they make the playoffs, this mutt should be sent packing.

I basically agreed with you until that. I understand why you are asking why he is still pitching in close games but after that, I can't take anything you said seriously.

Beauty35thStreet
09-22-2005, 10:22 PM
I don't mind the way Ozzie used Marte. He did solid vs Twins, but I understand he did bad against Toons. I can justify the chance and he used a short leash. Marte will be all right but I hope it comes still this year, IMO, but they can't use him when stuff is on the line right now. He's too funky right now.

But what do I know?

I_Liked_Manuel
09-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Marte will get it back

i've been thinking this for 2 years now

he's never going to get it back

Frater Perdurabo
09-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Marte is completely worthless to the White Sox as long as he is unable or unwilling to throw strikes. Let's hope he has at least some trade value this offseason. Maybe the Sox can get, oh, a bag of balls or a warm bucket of spit for him.

Banix12
09-22-2005, 10:50 PM
He might get it back one day, however if we are all asking this offseason "Well if Marte gets it back..." he should be sent packing and let some other team salvage him. Then pick up a lefty with a more recent history of success. There is only so long that you can wait for a player to comeback. Marte had this season to prove he could regain his 2003 form and he didn't do it.

Beauty35thStreet
09-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Isn't there speculation that he might be gone next year anyways?

BTW more ammo for Randar, ARow just screwed up another play that might cost us a game.

mdep524
09-22-2005, 10:57 PM
At this point, I seriously would like Marte to not even be on the playoff roster (should we get that far). I don't want Ozzie to even be temped, or encouraged by a blind-squirrel-nut moment late in the season.

Blancos Medias
09-22-2005, 11:07 PM
"I basically agreed with you until that. I understand why you are asking why he is still pitching in close games but after that, I can't take anything you said seriously."

I understand, I'm just venting. I felt pretty good about them making the playoffs, it's just that some of the pitching decisions make no sense.

I still think McCarthy should have pitched the ninth. And now, after upteen chances to score, the Twins are up 4-1. And the Indians are leading late in their game. Scary...

chisoxfanatic
09-23-2005, 12:36 AM
Marte will get it back

:tealpolice:

ND_Sox_Fan
09-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Marte will get it back

Yeah - the same day Shingo does.

Optipessimism
09-23-2005, 12:46 AM
Even though I hated the decision and I honestly expected much worse, I think Ozzie had to do that.

Marte, even though he has been total garbage most of the year, is an absoultely HUGE piece to our bullpen. He is supposed to perform. The numbers he put up in seasons past as well as the contract that he has with us dictates that he must perform and we need him to perform.

It's kind of like 2003 when Konerko sucked so bad and then Manuel would keep on playing him. If you keep him out of the game you lose, but if you put him in the game you lose too. But at least if you put him in and he performs you can be satisfied. Ozzie did what he had to do, and pulled him when he had to pull him. As much as I hate to see Marte out there, I have to back Ozzie on this one.

ND_Sox_Fan
09-23-2005, 12:49 AM
Even though I hated the decision and I honestly expected much worse, I think Ozzie had to do that.

Marte, even though he has been total garbage most of the year, is an absoultely HUGE piece to our bullpen. He is supposed to perform. The numbers he put up in seasons past as well as the contract that he has with us dictates that he must perform and we need him to perform.

It's kind of like 2003 when Konerko sucked so bad and then Manuel would keep on playing him. If you keep him out of the game you lose, but if you put him in the game you lose too. But at least if you put him in and he performs you can be satisfied. Ozzie did what he had to do, and pulled him when he had to pull him. As much as I hate to see Marte out there, I have to back Ozzie on this one.

What you are supposed to be and what you are are two totally different things. He sucks - its simple. You can't give away the game there. If you want to bring in a lefty, bring in Cotts and let him pitch the whole inning - save Cliff for the next and so on....

mike squires
09-23-2005, 01:09 AM
I went to a game once and saw Marte shagging balls in the outfield. I knelt down by the fence down right field line cather style and put the number one down. He kind of smiled and continued shagging. There was a ball hit down the line...he ran it down, turned and fired a ball that seemingly went right through an older guys mitt that was standing next to me and landed with a smack into mine with impeccable control ...that is a true story...Unfortunately that was in 2002. :(:

Lip Man 1
09-23-2005, 01:35 AM
Marte WILL get it back but it'll be with another team and the media will start castigating the Sox for letting that type of 'talent' go. LOL

Lip

BainesHOF
09-23-2005, 01:50 AM
It's no longer Marte's fault. It's Ozzie's fault for bringing him in any situation where the game is still on the line.

Ozzie was the one who should have received Marte's boos Thursday night. Everyone in the park except Ozzie knew he shouldn't have been on the mound.

Terrible, Ozzie, just terrible.

Baby Fisk
09-23-2005, 09:19 AM
http://blogsimages.skynet.be/images/000/240/220_2002-01-29-inside-south-park.jpg.150.150.jpg
"Wow dudes, Marte totally sucks ass."

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alamosa/cartman.jpg
"Well, that's what I've been saying all along you guys."

duke of dorwood
09-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Marte is the left handed Vizcaiano-both worthless and cannot be trusted-BUT again-these guys were crap at the trade deadline, Hermanson had a bad back then too-AGAIN, the CHEAP route was taken by ownership rather than doing something to protect the bull pen depth. THIS is why we have been in a history making free fall , these players are mediocre-playing at career levels, but CHEAP always wins out in the White Sox offices.

wdelaney72
09-23-2005, 09:29 AM
:bong: He hasn't had it for two seasons now. Where have you been?