PDA

View Full Version : Another example of how Cub fans don't care about the Sox(teal)

ChiSoxRowand
09-22-2005, 07:57 PM
I went to the game last night with a couple of friends and we had upper deck tickets. When we got to our seats we saw that there were three Indians fans next to us, who were with two Sox fans. They went crazy when Hafner hit the 8th inning homer. But when they were celebrating their Sox fan friend said "Why don't we talk about your real team". He told me they were Cub fans. Right after Sizemore hit his homer the guy told the Cub fans "I bet you couldn't tell me who just hit that homer". As you guessed-they couldn't. I guess I should have known right away because they all had the exact same Indians shirt on.

Uncle_Patrick
09-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Is anybody really that shocked about this? Cubs fan figure this is revenge for 2003 since every Sox fan rooted against the Cubs against the Marlins, evil jerks that we are. Today, I was at my wife's desk at work and a saw a guy a few cubes away. On the wall of his cube, he has a Cubs mirror. On top of his computer...an Indians hat. Probably brand new, too.

Nellie_Fox
09-22-2005, 11:35 PM
I really don't hold this kind of behavior against Cubs fans, because I'd be doing pretty much the same stuff if the shoe were on the other foot.

I'd never go to Wrigley to cheer for their opponent, and I certainly wouldn't go out and buy hats and jerseys, but I'd certainly be revelling in their misfortune. I've done it.

StillMissOzzie
09-23-2005, 01:58 AM
I really don't hold this kind of behavior against Cubs fans, because I'd be doing pretty much the same stuff if the shoe were on the other foot.

I'd never go to Wrigley to cheer for their opponent, and I certainly wouldn't go out and buy hats and jerseys, but I'd certainly be revelling in their misfortune. I've done it.

Did I buy a Marlins jersey in 2003? No, but I know a few guys that did.
Did I revel in their misery in 2003? Hell, yeah.
Did I revel in their misery in 2004 when Steve and Chip were the big problem? Yep
That's just one more reason this tailspin is KILLING ME!!! Paybacks are a bitch!

SMO
:angry:

Soxfanspcu11
09-23-2005, 03:19 AM
I was at the game on Wednesday and of course I saw a couple of idiots with Cub gear on and of course some SOB with a Cubs jersey cheering against the Sox all yelling at the fans. I think these cubs fans that come to our stadium are probably the same people that go to dominatrix's (sp). I mean they must love the abuse or something, I swear to god, I came SOOOOO close to grabing this one cub fan by the jersey and smash his face against the wall. Im so sick of it, I understand the desire to see a winning baseball team but I have had it with seeing those jokes of human beings at sox games.

chitownhawkfan
09-23-2005, 04:28 AM
You could live up to the sterotype and shut them up with your fist!

Uncle_Patrick
09-23-2005, 09:39 AM
Did I buy a Marlins jersey in 2003? No, but I know a few guys that did.
Did I revel in their misery in 2003? Hell, yeah.
Did I revel in their misery in 2004 when Steve and Chip were the big problem? Yep
That's just one more reason this tailspin is KILLING ME!!! Paybacks are a bitch!

SMO
:angry:

I'm with you. IN 2003, I didn't root against them, although I'd be lying if I didn't admit to smiling (not to mention breathing a sigh of relief) as Game 7 of the NLCS played on the TV during my bowling league and every single Cubs fan got dead quiet as they realized that the Cubs really weren't gonna make it to the World Series. And I'll admit that I got quite a bit of enjoyment listening to the soap opera that was being played out on the North Side over the past couple years, whether it be players vs. announcers, Sammy vs. Dusty, fans vs. Sammy, or whatever else happened. So now, its those miserable Cubs fans turn to look at us and enjoy our misery. Turn about is fair play, as they say.

Hangar18
09-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Hmmmm, Why did I start Openly rooting against the Cubs?
When the MEDIA shoved the cubs and their "tradition" down our throats,
while alternately ignoring/slamming the SOX, their fans, and their much more original "traditions". When I saw more andmore sheep believing the propoganda, is when I hated that team more and more

Hangar18
09-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Next time you see a Cub fan openly reveling in our misery, remind them PROMPTLY that its ok, were losing because our owner thought it wise to get rid of our offense for a much cheaper and faster team. Remind them that they'll NEVER see a world series because theyve got a Goat. Quiets them down every single time

harwar
09-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Its too bad that radio hosts are doing this also.I thought that they were supposed to be objective professionals.
George ofman,jesse rogers,bruce levine,just to name the worst have brought up how payback is fairplay against the White Sox and they are having a good time of it with their giggling and snickering on the air.

TommyJohn
09-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Next time you see a Cub fan openly reveling in our misery, remind them PROMPTLY that its ok, were losing because our owner thought it wise to get rid of our offense for a much cheaper and faster team. Remind them that they'll NEVER see a world series because theyve got a Goat. Quiets them down every single time

As opposed to all the winning they did with the previous team?

miker
09-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Paybacks are a bitch!
In some ways, being a lifelong Sox fan seems like payback for some unspeakable evil I must of done in a previous life...

cheeses_h_rice
09-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Its too bad that radio hosts are doing this also.I thought that they were supposed to be objective professionals.
George ofman,jesse rogers,bruce levine,just to name the worst have brought up how payback is fairplay against the White Sox and they are having a good time of it with their giggling and snickering on the air.

Mike Murphy is off the charts on his show today. Claiming he "wanted to hear from Sox fans more than Cub fans," he asked callers to give their David Letterman top 10 reasons for the Sox's collapse. The result? About 7 out of 10 calls from unfunny Cub fans, most of them saying stupid stuff like "They want to outdo the '69 Cubs" or "the players can't understand what Ozzie Guillen says," to which Murph howled in delight and kept playing a toilet flushing sound.

He's also playing some clips of DJ in the booth last night, being critical of the Sox's play and also for not utilizing McCarthy more down the stretch. Needless to say, Murph found a way to immediately turn this into a Cubs discussion by saying "If that had been Stoney (Steve Stone), the players would be calling up to the booth to complain."

Worst. Show. Ever.

Uncle_Patrick
09-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Mike Murphy is off the charts on his show today. Claiming he "wanted to hear from Sox fans more than Cub fans," he asked callers to give their David Letterman top 10 reasons for the Sox's collapse. The result? About 7 out of 10 calls from unfunny Cub fans, most of them saying stupid stuff like "They want to outdo the '69 Cubs" or "the players can't understand what Ozzie Guillen says," to which Murph howled in delight and kept playing a toilet flushing sound.

He's also playing some clips of DJ in the booth last night, being critical of the Sox's play and also for not utilizing McCarthy more down the stretch. Needless to say, Murph found a way to immediately turn this into a Cubs discussion by saying "If that had been Stoney (Steve Stone), the players would be calling up to the booth to complain."

Worst. Show. Ever.

How about the listeners poll Murph had? I don't remember the exact title, but it was like "Would a Sox choke cause you to switch alligences?" Basically, if the Sox didn't make the playoffs, would you become a Cubs fan? According to Murph, when I heard him talking, 42% of the responders said "Yes, they would." I say let them go. They probably were all bandwagoners anyway.

cheeses_h_rice
09-23-2005, 02:42 PM
How about the listeners poll Murph had? I don't remember the exact title, but it was like "Would a Sox choke cause you to switch alligences?" Basically, if the Sox didn't make the playoffs, would you become a Cubs fan? According to Murph, when I heard him talking, 42% of the responders said "Yes, they would." I say let them go. They probably were all bandwagoners anyway.

Here's a hint: a lot of Cubs fans voted in that poll and polluted the results.

42% of Sox fans would SWITCH ALLEGIANCES TO THE CUBS, WHO HAVEN'T WON A WORLD SERIES IN ALMOST 100 YEARS?

:rolleyes:

Hangar18
09-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Hes only on for 2 hours ........... and pretty soon ........ HE GAWN.
Seriously, his lust for everything Cub is sickening and unprofessional.

WeatherChannel: "Mr Murphy, what impact do you think this Category 4 Hurricane will have on the Sports Economy in Texas?"
Murphy: "Could be dramatic for sure, and speaking of Category 4, I have 4 categories here, in which I think the Tribune Entertainment Corporation should improve the Cubs for 2006"

MarySwiss
09-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Hes only on for 2 hours ........... and pretty soon ........ HE GAWN. Seriously, his lust for everything Cub is sickening and unprofessional.

Sickening, yes. But who ever said he was professional? I haven't had the pleasure of listening to the Score for nine years, but isn't he the one who always went around yapping about how he didn't have a press pass?

Also, I was listening to a local sports radio show just now on my way back from lunch and some drunk called in and started talking about what chokers the Sox were. The radio guy started with that flushing toilet bit. And he and the other radio guy thought that was just hilarious. There must be some kind of Internet "sound effects for lame sports radio guys" site that they get this stuff from.

Wsoxmike59
09-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Every time I hear Mike Murphy's Dr. Demento like voice it raises my blood pressure so quickly that I have to turn off the radio immediately fearing that my head might explode! :angry:

ChiSoxGirl
09-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Hes only on for 2 hours ........... and pretty soon ........ HE GAWN.
Seriously, his lust for everything Cub is sickening and unprofessional.

WeatherChannel: "Mr Murphy, what impact do you think this Category 4 Hurricane will have on the Sports Economy in Texas?"
Murphy: "Could be dramatic for sure, and speaking of Category 4, I have 4 categories here, in which I think the Tribune Entertainment Corporation should improve the Cubs for 2006"

:rolling:

Frankfan4life
09-25-2005, 01:37 PM

I'd never go to Wrigley to cheer for their opponent, and I certainly wouldn't go out and buy hats and jerseys, but I'd certainly be revelling in their misfortune. I've done it.I agree with you. But, I just don't like the "cubfans don't care about the Sox" attitude and the media adopting it as if it were true. Any psychologist will tell you that "indifference" is also a form of "hatred" (i.e., your wife doesn't speak to you or your husband ignores you when you speak). cubfans won't ever admit that they hate the Sox because they get the lion's share of the baseball media coverage whether they win or lose. They are more proud of that than anything.

By the way, while on my way to the Sox game on the Red Line yesterday, I found myself on the train with a lot of cubfans because their game just ended. I noticed a cubfan who got off the train wearing a cub jersey and an Indians hat.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-25-2005, 02:01 PM
In some ways, being a lifelong Sox fan seems like payback for some unspeakable evil I must of done in a previous life...

Then, YOU'RE our curse. We need a left field foul line seat and some spaghetti sauce to solve this.

Blancos Medias
09-26-2005, 04:28 PM
42% said they'd switch? Unreal.

In the past, I have said if the Sox left Chicago, I might never watch baseball again. That was when the Chairman was making noises about moving to Florida. I'm more of a Sox fan than a baseball fan.

I was on a job in St. Louis last year, and one of the local guys when he heard I was from the Chicago area asked me if I was a Cubs fan. I told him I'd root for the Cardinals first. Those guys loved me for that line, a lot of southern Illinois roots for the Cubs probably due to the Stupor Station. So there is no love lost down there for the Scrubs.

Come to think of it, if the Sox had moved, I probably would have gone over to the Cards. At least they win every once in while. :redneck

C-Dawg
09-27-2005, 07:01 AM
By the way, while on my way to the Sox game on the Red Line yesterday, I found myself on the train with a lot of cubfans because their game just ended. I noticed a cubfan who got off the train wearing a cub jersey and an Indians hat.

Not to change the subject, but why is it the Cub fans have such trouble taking the CTA? I boarded the Blue Line yesterday at Forest Park, and there was a big crowd there all dressed in their Cub regalia, and all completely lost as to how to put the CTA card in the turnstyle. I had to literally cut in line to get through the turnstyle, since there was a train waiting at the platform already and I didn't want to miss it behind all those mopes.

Next time the Cubs and Sox are both playing at the same time (uh, next year I guess LOL) keep an eye on them - they don't have a clue how to use the public transportation system which, in my opinion, is the ONLY way to get to their park.

Mohoney
09-27-2005, 08:20 AM
I'd never go to Wrigley to cheer for their opponent

This is why I give them hell. I hope that they will just STAY AT HOME!

Mohoney
09-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Hmmmm, Why did I start Openly rooting against the Cubs?
When the MEDIA shoved the cubs and their "tradition" down our throats,
while alternately ignoring/slamming the SOX, their fans, and their much more original "traditions". When I saw more andmore sheep believing the propoganda, is when I hated that team more and more

Come on, Hangar. You have hated the Flubs since birth.

miker
09-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Then, YOU'RE our curse. We need a left field foul line seat and some spaghetti sauce to solve this.
Thanks for putting this in teal...I just hope the Chicago's completely unbiased newspapers don't print my name and address like they did for Bartman!.

Orta 4-6-3
09-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Every time I hear Mike Murphy's Dr. Demento like voice it raises my blood pressure so quickly that I have to turn off the radio immediately fearing that my head might explode! :angry:

THAT'S who he sounds like! Thank you!

silenceofthehawk
09-27-2005, 04:47 PM
My Cub "friend" says that The Dr. Phil show was suppose to have an episode about the White Sox today, but I'm sure it's just my "friend" trying to be funny.