PDA

View Full Version : A Clincher Celebration?

Madvora
09-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Does anyone think the Sox will have a huge champagne soaked clincher party in the club house if they win the division?

Do you think that because of the way they've let the division lead slip that they will be one of those teams that's "all business" into the playoffs?

I could see Ozzie being all serious after a clincher and saying stuff like, "we haven't won anything yet."
I think the mood will be way more somber if they do it now as opposed to what would have happened if they won this thing by 15 games.

Lip Man 1
09-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Assuming the Sox clinch the division I hope they do celebrate. They have earned that right.

If it comes down to getting in via the wild card, I hope they do not, given the circumstances that will have forced them into getting in the backdoor in the first place.

Lip

veeter
09-22-2005, 04:28 PM
I think it's a champagne soaker no matter how they get in. Ozzie loves to drink.

Madvora
09-22-2005, 04:28 PM
You know who shouldn't be celebrating?... The Padres.

SSN721
09-22-2005, 05:10 PM
You know who shouldn't be celebrating?... The Padres.

Why do you say that? Those guys are world beaters. :D:

starboy0
09-22-2005, 05:39 PM
They deserve to celebrate big time. Winning a division is not easy and something that is rare (unless you're Atlanta who always finds talent to bring up or the BIG BIG $$ clubs).

Plus we really don't have any huge super stars or marquee players; the lads just played really well as a team. They worked hard. Few "experts" picked us to be where we are.

If we can just hold on a bit longer and get just a little help from KC and Tampa Bay, I'll be having a cold one with them in spirit.

TheDarkGundam
09-22-2005, 05:49 PM
flat champagne and uniform cleaning fees anyone?

jerry myers
09-22-2005, 06:56 PM
everybodys seen what the sox have been doing, if they can still win the division heck ya they should celebrate. i will be. its been stressing.

LaHerdiaGrande35
09-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes, the Sox should defenitely be celebrating once they win this thing. Yes, they might have "backed in" but they still will have won a division with 2 other WC contenders and have had an all around season to remember

Beauty35thStreet
09-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Celebrate no matter what. Division champs vs Wild Card? Who really cares, they're in. I might care if playing at home meant something, but they play better on the road. In addition, I don't have tickets for the playoffs so it won't personally affect me either. haha

Malgar 12
09-22-2005, 09:40 PM
flat champagne and uniform cleaning fees anyone?

Whatever happened to the teal police?:D:

doogiec
09-22-2005, 11:12 PM
If they win this division they damn well should celebrate. If they win this thing, they probably will be beating the team with the second best record in the AL to do it. Not a small feat.

Are they supposed to cry because the Indians won too many games?

ND_Sox_Fan
09-22-2005, 11:15 PM
It is hard to say what they'll do. I haven't seen any emotion out of them in two months (except for the Crede walk-off celebration).

ScottsdaleSoxFan
09-22-2005, 11:20 PM
The Sox would have to care first to win the division. They would also have to care to win the wild card.

CHISOXFAN13
09-22-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm losing a little bit of faith, but my biggest hope is to celebrate like a rock start after the Sox WIN a playoff series.

As pissed off as I am, I still think it's possible.

Dan H
09-22-2005, 11:39 PM
The White Sox won't be celebrating anything this year.

peeonwrigley
09-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Whatever happened to the teal police?:D:

They jumped off the Sox bandwagon.