PDA

View Full Version : Naughty Twins?

HChappasJr
09-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Did anyone else notice that the Twins scratched Santana from his start the series before Minnesota hosted the Sox so that he could now pitch against us twice? If they didn't scratch him, we would have missed him both times.

Hangar18
09-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Did anyone else notice that the Twins scratched Santana from his start the series before Minnesota hosted the Sox so that he could now pitch against us twice? If they didn't scratch him, we would have missed him both times.

YES, someone brought that up last week. It would be AWESOME to beat him just because of this.

Iwritecode
09-22-2005, 12:36 PM
YES, someone brought that up last week. It would be AWESOME to beat him just because of this.

It would be awesome to beat him period.

SouthSide_HitMen
09-22-2005, 01:08 PM
They ahve had injuries on the staff so I don't think these changes were made with the White Sox in mind. Radke is now out the year and they just want to finish the season at this point.

Argalarga
09-22-2005, 01:55 PM
No, they want to finish OUR season.

Jerko
09-22-2005, 02:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/BlueEyedBella/new%20%20pics/NaughtyTwins.jpg

I thought you meant THESE naughty Twins.

Santana had a blister last week like I had a third eye. What do you expect from a team who uses air-conditioners to their advantage?

HotelWhiteSox
09-22-2005, 03:15 PM

Rooney and Farmer brought this up when we were last in Minnesota. They said that the Twins hate the Sox. The scratch didn't have to do with injury (there may have been one previosuly, but he wouldve been good to go on his scheduled time), and they did it on purpose so the Sox would face him.

I hope this backfires on their ass and the Sox can try and utilize as these chances they've seen him to familiarize themselves and find some trends. Hopefully it can start tonight and continue into next year!

veeter
09-22-2005, 03:20 PM
This was a calculated move along with getting swept by the Indians in Clev. I just hope this makes the Sox so angry that they get up for every meeting against these jags.

Dotson34
09-22-2005, 03:34 PM
The Twins don't like the Indians either - there's some serious bad blood between those teams (Sabathia constantly talking about how much he hates the Twins, plus the Jason Davis-Stewart incidents earlier this year). And not sure I understand why people think the Sox would have missed Santana both last weekend and this weekend had he made his scheduled start on 9/14 in Detroit - sure they would have missed him last weekend but his regular turn would have been this past Tuesday in Oakland, which would have put him in line to start against the Sox this Sunday 9/25.

jdm2662
09-22-2005, 03:47 PM
In '99, Jerry Manuel altered the rotation for the Cubs series. The Cubs were in first place at the time, and the Sox were so-so. The Sox swept the series, and the Cubs ended up losing more games than the Sox that year. Teams alter their rotation for a series all the time. What the Sox need to do is actually hit him. Wouldn't that be nice. Santana gave up two runs in the first two innings in the first game he faced the Sox. Since then, he's mustered ONE, ONE, run all season. ONE fricken run in 29.1 innings!!! That run was a meaningless homer in the ninth of a 5-0 game. And to think Santana had a career ERA over 4 agains the Sox before Sat's game. He's bit hit before. I think Santana is the most dominating pitcher in the AL, but he is beatable. The fact he's dominated the Sox the last year and half is mind boggling.

A_ROW33
09-22-2005, 05:30 PM
I don't really blame them, their season's over and we are the biggest fish remaining on their schedule. This is their world series, their chance to prove their worth in the division and find something to build apon. It doesn't seem too out of the norm.

antitwins13
09-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Well at the end of the day the Twinkies are eliminated so who cares who they throw at us.

Link to the worst Troll thread in WSI history:http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58070