PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Cleveland?

Palehose13
09-22-2005, 01:54 AM
I am seriously considering it. I wanted to see if anyone else was planning or thinking of going to see the Sox clincher. :cool:

BarbG
09-22-2005, 02:03 AM
Count me in.

Told my best friend tonight to have her bags ready, we may be road tripping next week.

Palehose13
09-22-2005, 02:07 AM
Count me in.

Told my best friend tonight to have her bags ready, we may be road tripping next week.

LOL...great minds think alike.

I just checked on the Ritz Carlton (where the players stay), it's about $350/night. There are some other hotels right by the Ritz that are going for a little over $100/night.

Now I am going to check on a plane ticket cause that might be cheaper than driving!

BarbG
09-22-2005, 02:20 AM
$350 a night??!! Isn't that where JD got the spider bites?!

I'm going day to day at this point. Going tomorrow and Saturday. Gave my friend a crash course on baseball since she's going to be the only one available (stupid SCHOOL....) and if it looks like Detroit we'll head to Detroit. If it looks like Cleveland we're there. I've missed way too many Sox highlights in my life, I've got that feeling, and I want to be there.

Thanks for the info on the Ritz. I would so stay there too - but I'm afraid of spiders.

I hope you find a good airfare! How great would it be to have a strong Sox fan base in Cleveland next week!

Palehose13
09-22-2005, 02:24 AM
$350 a night??!! Isn't that where JD got the spider bites?!

I'm going day to day at this point. Going tomorrow and Saturday. Gave my friend a crash course on baseball since she's going to be the only one available (stupid SCHOOL....) and if it looks like Detroit we'll head to Detroit. If it looks like Cleveland we're there. I've missed way too many Sox highlights in my life, I've got that feeling, and I want to be there.

Thanks for the info on the Ritz. I would so stay there too - but I'm afraid of spiders.

I hope you find a good airfare! How great would it be to have a strong Sox fan base in Cleveland next week!

I can't go to Detroit because of work, but I am willing to take off friday and go the Cleveland. I will be at the games Saturday and Sunday. If you would like tomeet up on Saturday and possibly discuss plans to meet up or something, PM me.

OzzieBall2004
09-22-2005, 02:25 AM
If I have to. If it doesn't work out, my trip will unfortunately be financed by the refund I'll get for my playoff tix (minus the ticketmaster fees, of course). If it does, it will be money well spent.

MUsoxfan
09-22-2005, 02:30 AM
I'm waiting another week until I decide. I've been wrestling with the idea of a Cleveland trip

Palehose13
09-22-2005, 02:34 AM
I'm waiting another week until I decide. I've been wrestling with the idea of a Cleveland trip

Nothing like waiting til the last minute. :wink:

I'm probably going to decide by Friday to make sure that there are tickets available, but then again that is one advantage to going alone...when you only need one ticket, it's easy to get a good seat. :D:

cubhater
09-22-2005, 04:45 AM

I just checked on the Ritz Carlton (where the players stay), it's about $350/night. There are some other hotels right by the Ritz that are going for a little over $100/night.

Now I am going to check on a plane ticket cause that might be cheaper than driving!

Try the Comfort Inn near Cleveland State. It's the cheapest place everytime I've been to Cleveland for a Sox series, free parking, and within walking distance.

I'm undecided about going to Cleveland for the final series. It could get ugly if the Sox clinch or take a tremendous amount of restraint on my part if we blow it.

cbone
09-22-2005, 06:11 AM
I'm there with a group of 8. We bought great seats right behind home plate a long time ago. I had no idea that this series would be so important. We are at the Embassy suites. Look for 8 guys in Sox gear behind the plate. I don't have my section # handy. We are going to Friday and Sat. games.

oharewx
09-22-2005, 06:29 AM
are there still tickets left?

whitesoxwilkes
09-22-2005, 07:50 AM
I'm there all by my lonesome staying at the Renaissance, have tickets right behind the plate both nights. Flying in late Friday, out Sunday evening.

K has her HS reunion that weekend, so I figured this was a good excuse to avoid that.

whitesoxwilkes
09-22-2005, 07:51 AM

I found a round-trip from ORD on Continental for $96, taxes included!

StepsInSC
09-22-2005, 08:04 AM
I'll be there for Fri, Sat, and Sun's games.

TomBradley72
09-22-2005, 09:45 AM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday night. There's a new Hilton Garden Inn right across the street from the Jake....reasonable rates and stumbling distance from the park.:gulp:

akingamongstmen
09-22-2005, 03:56 PM
I'll be there for Saturday's game. We might have to arrange a WSI meeting so that we can celebrate together. :gulp:

Pulaski
09-22-2005, 04:24 PM
are there still tickets left?

There are seats in their 500 level behind home plate. The wife and I are waiting to see how things go over the next 7 games before deciding.

SOXBOY
09-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Going on Sat and Sun.

DaveIsHere
09-22-2005, 06:10 PM
I went last series in Cleveland and did my job by bringing home the 4 game sweep.

Those of you that go next weekend know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!

Realist
09-22-2005, 07:47 PM
I'm there all by my lonesome staying at the Renaissance, have tickets right behind the plate both nights. Flying in late Friday, out Sunday evening.

K has her HS reunion that weekend, so I figured this was a good excuse to avoid that.

I've been toying with the idea of going too. If I do go, I'll be going by myself. Need a roomie? :smile:

SouthSide_HitMen
09-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Just to let our posters know, before they make travel arrangements make sure to get your tickets first -The Cleveland announcers said the weekend games are sold out (Friday tickets remain).

Malgar 12
09-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Just to let our posters know, before they make travel arrangements make sure to get your tickets first -The Cleveland announcers said the weekend games are sold out (on Friday tickets remain).

you can get $6 seats on stubhub for $24. That's too rich for my blood, and I don't think I can make it to Cleveland in time for Friday's game.

Oh Well.

TomBradley72
09-25-2005, 06:34 PM
I just picked up a single for Friday night (400 level) thru ticketmaster....nothing available for Saturday.

whitesoxwilkes
09-25-2005, 07:40 PM
I've been toying with the idea of going too. If I do go, I'll be going by myself. Need a roomie? :smile:

I've got about 3 "maybes" ahead of you right now, should know a lot more early part of this week. I'll let you know...

C-Dawg
09-25-2005, 09:35 PM
I might possibly wind up with an extra ticket for Saturday; keep watching this thread for info.

Realist
09-25-2005, 10:30 PM
I've got about 3 "maybes" ahead of you right now, should know a lot more early part of this week. I'll let you know...

My buddy and I were brainstorming at the game Sunday afternoon about how we can cover our work shifts and shoot out to Cleveland Saturday morning. I'm pretty sure we can pull this off.

1951Campbell
09-25-2005, 10:50 PM
I won't be going, but if anyone's looking for cheap accomodations, the Comfort Inn at 1800 Euclid is dump-tacular, super close to the Jake, and unlikely to give you grief for drunken partying. I was there right after the All-Star Break and it was perfect.

Saw a lotta Sox fans, too!

PINWHEELS
09-26-2005, 03:11 PM
FYI: Saturday's Game in Cleveland has been moved up to 12:30 to ac comedate FOX!

Hangar18
09-26-2005, 03:16 PM

Say Wilkes ......... If I bring my sleeping bag ..........all I need is some floor space brother. Realist too .......

depy48
09-26-2005, 03:17 PM
since i go to school in ohio already....
im seriously considering driving three hours from dayton to cleveland to see a whitesox winner

Palehose13
09-26-2005, 03:19 PM
since i go to school in ohio already....
im seriously considering driving three hours from dayton to cleveland to see a whitesox winner

C'mon..that's a no brainer! :wink:

ChiSoxGirl
09-26-2005, 03:21 PM

Dude... that's awesome!!! I'd LOVE to go on this trip! *thinks about booking a flight to Cleveland on short notice....*

Realist
09-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Say Wilkes ......... If I bring my sleeping bag ..........all I need is some floor space brother. Realist too .......

I'll call you if we're going to pull this off.

C-Dawg
09-26-2005, 08:18 PM
FYI: Saturday's Game in Cleveland has been moved up to 12:30 to ac comedate FOX!

How annoying! They must have just changed it today since I was just double-checking the Cleveland website last night in anticipation of making a lodging reservation. Now I wish I had those $96 round-trip plane tickets! This may turn into a marathon leave-real-early-Saturday-see-the-game-and-blast-back-home trip for me.