PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Stat

rdwj
09-21-2005, 10:34 PM
If we can't rally in the bottom of the 9th, this is 13 games in a row without back to back wins. Hopefully, we can change that! Things are getting REALLY close for the division and Wild Card.

voodoochile
09-21-2005, 10:37 PM
If we can't rally in the bottom of the 9th, this is 13 games in a row without back to back wins. Hopefully, we can change that! Things are getting REALLY close for the division and Wild Card.

Not that close for the WC, Boston lost and they were tied with NY...

rdwj
09-21-2005, 10:42 PM

It's only 3. That's a little close for me. I know the odds are still in our favor, but we've got to start stringing wins together.

ScottsdaleSoxFan
09-21-2005, 10:50 PM
I don't wanna say this team is just nervous because it's just the pitchers. Not one of these pitching performances this weekend qualifies as a big game start. Start pitching guys, no excuses.

voodoochile
09-21-2005, 10:52 PM
It's only 3. That's a little close for me. I know the odds are still in our favor, but we've got to start stringing wins together.

No, it's 4. Boston started the day with 63 losses and now they have 64...

rdwj
09-21-2005, 10:55 PM
No, it's 4. Boston started the day with 63 losses and now they have 64...

Ya, I guess you're right. I expect the D-Rays to give Cleveland a little trouble too. But still - we NEED to start taking care of business. Falling flat after such an emotional win last night is a little disturbing. I thought they'd have guns blazing tonight - but they laid an egg.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Since last Thursday:

L-W-L-W-L-W-L

Lip

forrestg
09-22-2005, 12:07 AM
The sox are 91 and 60 if the sox did the ugliest thing they would would end up 91 and 71. If the Yankees win 7 out of 11, the redsox win 7 out of 10, The indians goes 6 and 4, and finally if the sox go 4 and 7 all 4 teams would end up with identical records of 95 and 57.

Nellie_Fox
09-22-2005, 12:09 AM
If the Yankees win 7 out of 11, the redsox win 7 out of 10, The indians goes 6 and 4, and finally if the sox go 4 and 7 all 4 teams would end up with identical records of 95 and 57.Is this supposed to make me feel better?

RowanDye
09-22-2005, 12:17 AM
Mercy!

PAPChiSox729
09-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Mercy!

Second best record in the AL. Thankfully, we have got the best. And I was worried about Boston taking HFA from us.:redface: Well, it looks like whoever wins this division gets it.

soxwon
09-22-2005, 12:45 AM

the yanks will win the east, boston wild card
no clev.
we play boston oct 4 here.

oeo
09-22-2005, 01:00 AM
I don't wanna say this team is just nervous because it's just the pitchers. Not one of these pitching performances this weekend qualifies as a big game start. Start pitching guys, no excuses.

What is with all this "big game" crap? How is any game different than another...Garcia - kept us in the game after a tough start, and Buehrle did the same. Garland pitched awesome tonight, only to let Ozzie keep him in there and Hafner blew open the game, and the offense didn't show up against freakin' Elarton. These were not terrible starts...they're not pitching like they were the first half but they definitely are keeping us in games.

I really think the key is still Podsednik, he makes things happen when he can get on and steal bags. That will change the whole game, wild pitches, errors, cookies will just happen because all they can think about is Podsednik. We need early runs like we had the first half, take the momentum, and keep it...we didn't do that at all.

And BTW, since when is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday the weekend? :tongue:

Dan H
09-22-2005, 05:46 AM
the yanks will win the east, boston wild card
no clev.
we play boston oct 4 here.

The White Sox aren't going to be playing anyone in the playoffs playing like the way they are now. There is no way Cleveland is not going to make it. At best KC and Tampa Bay will win one game each. We keep saying the Sox will take care of things if they just win. And then they don't win. Is the slump over yet?

rdwj
09-22-2005, 08:13 AM
The White Sox aren't going to be playing anyone in the playoffs playing like the way they are now. There is no way Cleveland is not going to make it. At best KC and Tampa Bay will win one game each. We keep saying the Sox will take care of things if they just win. And then they don't win. Is the slump over yet?

You're absolutely right - there is NO WAY Cleveland is missing the playoffs. They're the best team right now. We were fairly lucky to steal a game from them. We may be able to hold them off for the divisional title, but I'd say that's about a 50/50 chance.

The Yankees are on fire too - they've put together a nice little run, so they are more than likely going to be playing in October.

Boston is playing about like we are - pretty bad. One of us is going to have to step up and start winning. The other one is going to be watching the playoffs from home.

Flight #24
09-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Bottom line: Sox need to win at least 4 of the next 8 and 1 of the last 3 in Cleveland. Anything else requires too much help. Winning 6 of the next 8 will likely make the final series moot.