PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd of ESPN Radio = moron

Argalarga
09-21-2005, 03:47 PM
This guy is without a doubt the biggest waste of skin on national radio. On his show this morning, he was ripping the Sox (as he always does), shilling for the Red Sox and Yankees (ESPN company line) and touting how much better the Indians are; and said maybe the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I don't remember the exact quote but it went something like this: "The White Sox aren't as good as Cleveland because they play weak teams like Detroit and Kansas City all the time."

Um...Colin...

THE SOX AND INDIANS ARE IN THE SAME DIVISION AND PLAY KANSAS CITY AND DETROIT THE EXACT SAME NUMBER OF TIMES.

He then went on at length about how the Sox have no power...and yet are 3rd in the AL in home runs.

More. On.

TheOldRoman
09-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Third in the AL in homers despite having no power?
Wow, stats really are deceptive.:cool:

MarySwiss
09-21-2005, 03:51 PM
This guy is without a doubt the biggest waste of skin on national radio. On his show this morning, he was ripping the Sox (as he always does), shilling for the Red Sox and Yankees (ESPN company line) and touting how much better the Indians are; and said maybe the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I don't remember the exact quote but it went something like this: "The White Sox aren't as good as Cleveland because they play weak teams like Detroit and Kansas City all the time."

Um...Colin...

THE SOX AND INDIANS ARE IN THE SAME DIVISION AND PLAY KANSAS CITY AND DETROIT THE EXACT SAME NUMBER OF TIMES.

He then went on at length about how the Sox have no power...and yet are 3rd in the AL in home runs.

More. On.

Where does ESPN find all these guys? Do they grow them?

SOXPHILE
09-21-2005, 04:05 PM
OH NO ! Not THE Colin Cowherd ??!! Well, if he's come out and said this, it must be true. That's it. I'm packing away my Sox t-shirts, hats and flag until next year. There's no point in continuing if Colin Cowherd doesn't think the White Sox are any good. :(: Jeesh ! First it was Jeff Brantly saying we were going to be "crying in our beer" because the Twins were gonna win the division, then it was ESPN almost ingoring us all year long while they concentrated on the YankeesRedSoxBarryBondsTerrellOwens. Now, Colin Cowherd ? I'm gonna go ask Ron Santo and Eric Zorn what they think....

MUsoxfan
09-21-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm gonna go ask Ron Santo and Eric Zorn what they think....

:roflmao: Santo's the smartest guy he knows....just ask him

SOXPHILE
09-21-2005, 04:25 PM
:roflmao: Santo's the smartest guy he knows....just ask him

Heh heh...That's what I always say about Cub fans- They're the GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD ! Just ask them....

Baby Fisk
09-21-2005, 04:28 PM
OH NO ! Not THE Colin Cowherd ??!! Well, if he's come out and said this, it must be true. That's it. I'm packing away my Sox t-shirts, hats and flag until next year. There's no point in continuing if Colin Cowherd doesn't think the White Sox are any good. :(: Jeesh ! First it was Jeff Brantly saying we were going to be "crying in our beer" because the Twins were gonna win the division, then it was ESPN almost ingoring us all year long while they concentrated on the YankeesRedSoxBarryBondsTerrellOwens. Now, Colin Cowherd ? I'm gonna go ask Ron Santo and Eric Zorn what they think....
Haven't you heard? Ron Santo sees the Cubs getting better, and he also sees a World Series!

SABRSox
09-21-2005, 04:33 PM
I love how he repeats the same thing over and over to get his point across. He repeats himself, so you understand what he's saying. And then, when he realizes he has nothing else to say, he'll repeat himself again. Repitition is Colin Cowherd's thing.

I actually prefer Dan Patrick's dead air lapses. I like to believe that there are thoughts running through his head during the silences, but I'm probably wrong.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Haven't you heard? Ron Santo sees the Cubs getting better, and he also sees a World Series!

I think he meant, he sees one every year...ON TELEVISION.

PatK
09-21-2005, 04:50 PM

Someone needs to tell Ron to turn off the Playstation.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2005, 05:14 PM
So why are you listening to ESPN if it bothers you so much? :?:

Lip

Baby Fisk
09-21-2005, 05:34 PM
I think he meant, he sees one every year...ON TELEVISION.ZING! :cheers:
Someone needs to tell Ron to turn off the Playstation.ZING! :cheers:

Argalarga
09-21-2005, 07:35 PM
So why are you listening to ESPN if it bothers you so much? :?:

Lip

All the other sports radio in LA is even worse.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Then get a satellite and watch Comcast Chicago SportsNite like I do. That's all the sports you need anyway.

Lip

chaerulez
09-22-2005, 02:20 AM

Um...Colin...

More. On.

Who? I've never heard of this guy. Is he important to anything? Does he even have any media credentials? Or is he one of those dopes that takes over the Dan Patrick show because Dan Patrick is never around to do his show?

skobabe8
09-22-2005, 01:36 PM
NOOOOO!

I used to think Colin was good. :whiner:

SSN721
09-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Who? I've never heard of this guy. Is he important to anything? Does he even have any media credentials? Or is he one of those dopes that takes over the Dan Patrick show because Dan Patrick is never around to do his show?

He is Tony Kornheisers very very poor replacement. I can only be gald now that ESPN1000 finally started to stream (as did 980 in Washington DC with TKs show in the same time slot cuz I always liked him) so I could stop listening to that moron. I know that people are divided about Kornheiser, but I always found his show a nice break from the other national fare and entertaining, but I cant imagine that anyone thinks that Cowherd is a worthy replacement.

Argalarga
09-22-2005, 02:54 PM
He's also the most New York/Boston-centric guy on ESPN I've ever heard, and that's saying something.

A few weeks ago he had Eric Karros on, and Cowherd was going on and on about how the Yankees were amazing and nobody would stop them once they got to the playoffs and Karros just goes "you know, Colin, they might not even make the playoffs." He then went off about how anyone who didn't think the Yankees would make it just wasn't paying attention and that the Yankees and Red Sox are the only teams in the AL that "matter."

SSN721
09-22-2005, 03:28 PM
He's also the most New York/Boston-centric guy on ESPN I've ever heard, and that's saying something.

A few weeks ago he had Eric Karros on, and Cowherd was going on and on about how the Yankees were amazing and nobody would stop them once they got to the playoffs and Karros just goes "you know, Colin, they might not even make the playoffs." He then went off about how anyone who didn't think the Yankees would make it just wasn't paying attention and that the Yankees and Red Sox are the only teams in the AL that "matter."

The funny thing is I think he is from the LA area as well, it is strange he is so East Coast-centric. Although I guess it is part of becoming an ESPN national broadcaster. Part of the contract.

Wsoxmike59
09-24-2005, 08:06 AM
http://www.agi.state.al.us/State%20Veterinarian/Premises%20Id/cow%20herd%20(2).jpg

What the hell kind of name is Cow Herd anyway??? :D:

SABRSox
09-24-2005, 02:10 PM
The funny thing is I think he is from the LA area as well, it is strange he is so East Coast-centric. Although I guess it is part of becoming an ESPN national broadcaster. Part of the contract.

You have no idea how fast he took to the East Coast Sports Network. He came out and said nobody cares about any other team than the Red Sox and the Yankees. His shows are just shills for those two teams and USC. But in LA, your choices are him and Mancow.

NWSox
09-24-2005, 02:51 PM
He actually came from Portland. He was a sportscaster on the NBC affiliate and had his own morning show on a sports radio station. He's originally from Washington State, and he spent time in Vegas (as he reminds everyone) and Tampa covering sports.

For our market, he was a pretty entertaining guy. I don't mind listening to him (because I'm used to him) but I do agree with the complaints. He's become way too enamored with the East Coast sports scene and he has a tendency to repeat his jokes, especially the bad ones. I've always questioned his knowledge of sports, especially important details (like the fact that the Sox and Indians play the same schedule). He's admittedly more of a football guy and I think he's far more astute about football than other sports.

Ol' No. 2
09-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Where does ESPN find all these guys? Do they grow them?I think they get them from the bus station. The strategy involves a bottle of cheap wine, a big box, a stick and some string.:tongue: