PDA

View Full Version : Uribe's Throw

nodiggity59
09-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Does anybody have a link to Uribe's unbelievable play to get Crisp (I think) last night?

Unregistered
09-21-2005, 01:52 PM
MLB.com

It's on the front page, top video highlight.

nodiggity59
09-21-2005, 02:02 PM
MLB.com

It's on the front page, top video highlight.

Thanx. I hadn't seen it.

A good play in a regularly, by a GREAT play considering the situation and the runner.

TheOldRoman
09-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Thanx. I hadn't seen it.

A good play in a regularly, by a GREAT play considering the situation and the runner.
I disagree.
A GREAT play regularly, but an UNBELIEVABLE play considering the situation and the runner.

flo-B-flo
09-21-2005, 02:11 PM
He had to get rid of it quickly because of Crisp' speed. There was a man on third - the lead run. Yes that was a HUGE play. Uribe sure stepped up there.

ode to veeck
09-21-2005, 02:15 PM
The 350k byte version at mlb.com is particularly good with several replays in slomo form various angles. There's also a replay of the Crede walk off

Soxzilla
09-21-2005, 02:17 PM
But it wasn't good enough to crack the top five on ESPN's Web Gems.:rolleyes:

All things considered. That was the best play I've seen all year from any Sox player, and maybe any player in the league. (I don't know what the situation was when Wright made that AMAZING bare handed catch last month).

ode to veeck
09-21-2005, 02:37 PM
But it wasn't good enough to crack the top five on ESPN's Web Gems

They could really only give one per game, and Crede's walk off was the easy winner there

Both Hawk and Dj repeatedly called Juan's the defensive play of the year last night

Soxzilla
09-21-2005, 03:06 PM
They could really only give one per game, and Crede's walk off was the easy winner there

Both Hawk and Dj repeatedly called Juan's the defensive play of the year last night

A homerun isn't a web gem.

rm0824
09-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Uribe. The man has got a cannon. Not surprised it wasn't on Web Gems. ESPN can go screw themselves.

I wish I heard Rooney's call on the Crede walk-off. I've heard Hawk's about 5 times already.

chitownhawkfan
09-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Uribe. The man has got a cannon. Not surprised it wasn't on Web Gems. ESPN can go screw themselves.

I wish I heard Rooney's call on the Crede walk-off. I've heard Hawk's about 5 times already.

The radio call was pretty awesome, Rooney starts by calling a homer and a White Sox Winner and then a really intense Farmer tells people to get off the ledge.

HotelWhiteSox
09-21-2005, 03:42 PM
That was so deep in the hole, I was expecting hit for sure, I even thought it would get through at first, unbelievable play, similar to Rowand's diving catch in San Diego.

miker
09-21-2005, 04:47 PM
The radio call was pretty awesome, Rooney starts by calling a homer and a White Sox Winner and then a really intense Farmer tells people to get off the ledge.
Even more freaky was Farmer just about predicting a homer before the pitch.

At the risk of starting trouble here, Uribe's arm and overall fielding this year seems to have made everyone forget about last year's shortstop.

Just an observation.