View Full Version : Kline lets it all out about Baltimore

JimEdmonds15
09-21-2005, 01:00 PM
http://www.insidestl.com/webpics/headlines/klineInterviewBanner.jpg

An InsideSTL Interview: Steve Kline
- Written by Tim McKernan
- September 21, 2005

http://www.insidestl.com/webpics/headlines/klinebaltimore.jpg

McKernan: The Cardinals clinched Saturday in Chicago and had their big celebration. Each time they celebrated over the last 4 years, you were there with them. Was it bittersweet to see the Redbirds clinching and not be a part of it?

Kline: No, I have no hard feelings toward them. I don’t want the Cardinals to do bad just because of, because I’m gone. I’ve got good friends on that team, and I got a lot of people there that I know. Once you understand the game, and who it affects you want the people you know to have success…especially the city, you want the city to win just because they’ve been so close so often. If it’s not going to be Baltimore this year, I’d rather have it be St. Louis than anybody else.

[More in URL] (http://www.insidestl.com/index.php?storyid=32)

Very interesting interview!

kittle42
09-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Hey, it's fenway's midwestern cousin!

santo=dorf
09-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Kline: Well, every team is going to be tough. I mean, if you get to the World Series, you’re playing tough teams, period. But the Red Sox are always going to be tough. They’ve got clutch guys. They’ve been there and done that from last year. And then you’ve got the Yankees who have really picked it up a notch the last couple weeks. And then of course Anaheim and Oakland are battling it out for the American League West. Oakland’s got the pitching. Anaheim’s got kind of a mixture of things. They’ve got a good bullpen and good hitting with Vladi (Guerrero) (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5737). And then Cleveland I wouldn’t count out, either.

Hey fatass, last time I checked the Sox were still in control of the AL Central. :rolleyes:

JimEdmonds15
09-21-2005, 01:28 PM
LoL I also noticed that.. Cant believe he forgot the Sox :rolleyes:

MUsoxfan
09-21-2005, 01:56 PM

If so, I welcome him. I will root for the Cards until our paths cross

TheOldRoman
09-21-2005, 02:15 PM
LoL I also noticed that.. Cant believe he forgot the Sox :rolleyes:
Are you kidding? I didn't even know until yesterday that the "White Sox" were a team. Dianna Taurasi told me last night.

JimEdmonds15
09-21-2005, 02:18 PM

Who? :dunno:

TheOldRoman
09-21-2005, 02:22 PM
He is a Bostonian who posts on here regularly. He constantly posts Red Sox news on here. Some of the stuff he posts is interesting, particularly the stuff in the Parking Lot, but he does have a very typical New England-centric view of the universe. After we thrashed the Red Sox on Labor Day he posted a link to a Boston site saying they were "impressed" with the Sox, as if we need the appoval of allmighty Boston fans and their rich winning tradition.

MUsoxfan
09-21-2005, 02:23 PM

Fenway is our resident Red Sox fan who posts everything having to do with the Red Sox/Yankees/East Coast. He's a nice guy and insightful for the most part

SoxFan76
09-21-2005, 04:17 PM

Fenway posts about 2 of the 3 most hated teams on this board: the Red Sox and Yankees. You post about most people's 2nd favorite team on this board: the Cardinals.

There's a difference, so don't be offended. :smile:

buehrle4cy05
09-21-2005, 04:22 PM
The White Sox don't play the Cardinals in the regular season. The only way is if they meet in the World Series (if they do, JE15, don't go posting pro Cardinals stuff, because then you will feel the wrath of the mods, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the roadhouse:cool:). Otherwise,
:welcome:
I have no problems with the Cardinals.

JimEdmonds15
09-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Gotcha :)

I hope ya'll hold off the Indians and may we meet in the W.S. and make the Cubs fans feel even worse than they already do :tongue:

By the way - I'm not sure if anyone knows but next year the Cards travel to Chicago to face the Sox on June 20th, 21st, 22nd.

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Gotcha :)

I hope ya'll hold off the Indians and may we meet in the W.S. and make the Cubs fans feel even worse than they already do :tongue:

By the way - I'm not sure if anyone knows but next year the Cards travel to Chicago to face the Sox on June 20th, 21st, 22nd.

yep, its gunna be sweet

kittle42
09-21-2005, 05:27 PM
I am completely rooting for the Cards/Sox WS. My friend is a season ticket holder at Busch!