PDA

View Full Version : Free Parking

DaveIsHere
09-21-2005, 10:55 AM
A friend here at work is going to the game and looking for free parking. i dont know of any becasue when i go i tailgate, any tips for him, it will be his first Sox game...Thanks

eriqjaffe
09-21-2005, 11:09 AM
A friend here at work is going to the game and looking for free parking. i dont know of any becasue when i go i tailgate, any tips for him, it will be his first Sox game...ThanksI don't know what street parking around the Cell is like, as I prefer to take the Red or Green Line. Is the CTA an option for your friend?

DaveIsHere
09-21-2005, 11:11 AM
I don't know what street parking around the Cell is like, as I prefer to take the Red or Green Line. Is the CTA an option for your friend?

Dont think so, he meeting so,me people up there and hasnt been there, trying to make his first Cell Experience a great one.

SoxFan76
09-21-2005, 11:35 AM
I park around 39th.

Sox of White
09-21-2005, 11:41 AM
You can park around Michigan avenue somewhere. I live at the dorms at IIT, and there are usually a couple spots on the street around 35th, 33rd street and Michigan, Indiana. In that area, only a short walk to the stadium, basically it is pay, or walk. But, if you walk you can see the wonderful campus of IIT.

daveeym
09-21-2005, 11:49 AM
I believe alot of people park on the otherside of the highway by IIT. There are a bunch of old threads on it if you search, I believe in the parking lot.

The Critic
09-21-2005, 11:55 AM
I believe alot of people park on the otherside of the highway by IIT. There are a bunch of old threads on it if you search, I believe in the parking lot.

....appropriately enough.....:D:

I don't have the luxury of looking for free parking around USCF. I always go to the games with my daughter now, and I just don't want to walk that far. I'm carrying a bag with her stuff, and holding her hand, and if it's a night game I'm usually carrying her back to the car anyway.
Good luck finding a free spot!!

Doobie148
09-21-2005, 02:31 PM
We've parked on 31st before. There are a couple restaurants that we've gone to before the game, and then we just walked over to the park.

MUsoxfan
09-21-2005, 02:32 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Schaller's lets people park in their lot for free. Just go back and have a beer or two after the game

cubhater
09-21-2005, 06:40 PM
You can usually find a space among the residential restriction signs north of the Cell on Shields if you get there really early. Same goes with 31st St.

Residential restrictions end at Morgan St (1000W) and there's plenty of curbside spots on the side streets west of there. Don't go north on Morgan unless you want to meet some gangbangers.

miker
09-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Go to player's parking lot...apparently they're not going to be showing up for this rest of the season!:angry: