PDA

View Full Version : Three propositions to win the World Series

JorgeFabregas
09-21-2005, 11:26 AM
It looks as if the White Sox will take the division. Not to get ahead of ourselves, but, of course, what the fans are really interested in is a World Series win. Which three things need to happen to win the division, navigate through the playoffs, and bring home the world championship?

If
1. Buehrle regains his early season form.
2. Garland pitches well.
3. Podsednik stays hot.

Then the White Sox will win the world series.
Now, post your own.

Mickster
09-21-2005, 11:29 AM
If

We win our last post season game. :redneck

voodoochile
09-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Pitching pitching pitching...

It's that simple...

JorgeFabregas
09-21-2005, 11:31 AM
You guys are no fun. :tongue:

Iwritecode
09-21-2005, 11:44 AM
1. Get to the playoffs
2. Get to the WS
3. Win the WS.

chaerulez
09-21-2005, 12:25 PM
It really is all about the pitching...

gosox83
09-21-2005, 12:29 PM
1. Mark returns to opening day form. (or close)

2. Scotty keeps hitting as he is, but figures out how to swipe bags at will again.

3. 3rd and I feel most importantly, we reclaim the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings again. Early in the year we knew the opposition would not score in those innings, but the Sox would always score at least 2 runs in those 3 innings.

GO SOX!!

MAGIC # 9

tlebar318
09-21-2005, 12:29 PM

It's that simple...

Agreed! Keep the opposition to 3 runs or less and we should do well!

Frater Perdurabo
09-21-2005, 12:41 PM
I agree it's all about the pitching, but more specifically:

1. Buehrle, Garland, Garcia and Contreras give the Sox quality starts: 6+ innings, less than three runs in every game.

2. The bullpen keeps the games close by not surrendering runs.

my5thbench
09-21-2005, 01:49 PM
I can't help but think that the bullpen will be fine...the starting

pitching must come up big...all else will take care of itself...

the defense & hitting will be good enuff', c'mon starters

tstrike2000
09-21-2005, 02:00 PM

It's that simple...

It is. When Bobby Cox was asked who would win the World Series if he and the Sox met and he said, "Depends on who's pitching better at the time." We've obviously had the streaks where the offense doesn't show up but pitching keeps us in the games and a few where the pitching can't hold the lead. However, in the crunch, it's pitching, pitching, pitching and defense. Case in point, the called strike on Hafner that could've been ball 4 and the play by Uribe last night, and Politte holding it down were game savers.

Mohoney
09-21-2005, 02:09 PM
1. Freddy and Mark get their aggressiveness back.

2. The bottom of the order keeps making the contributions that they have recently been making.

And most importantly:

3. Ozzie finds a 9th inning guy and STICKS WITH HIM! Either Jenks emerges as THE go-to guy in the 9th, or Hermanson builds on that gutsy performance last night and HE becomes THE go-to guy in the 9th again. No foolishness like Marte starting the 9th just because there might be a lefty or two due up. He's NOT a 9th inning option, and that's that.