PDA

View Full Version : Sham-me

SOXfnNlansing
09-21-2005, 09:30 AM
I haven't seen a thread about him yet. This is what he's done with the O's this season.....

102 games played 380 ab's 84k's

.221 avg 14 hrs 45rbi

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/individual_stats_player.jsp?c_id=mlb&playerID=122544 <<<link

The O's started so strong this season, and it's sad knowing what their team has endured this seaon. Last night, Roberts banged up his arm really bad. I wonder what their team will look like next season without sham-me and raffie. They may be worse than the Devil Rays for years to come.

Banix12
09-21-2005, 09:48 AM
I think there has been a couple mentions of this over the last few months. I gotta think Sosa is really thinking about Japan next season.

I don't know how bad the Orioles will be for years to come. Not having Sosa, Palmeiro and Ponson around next season can only help them I think. It just means more playing time for Jay Gibbons.

They have to develop some more pitching though or bring in some other name free agent or they will have a tough go of it. I don't see them being worse than Tampa though, Tampa has no pitching at all and can't hang onto it's young players.

The Critic
09-21-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm so sad that he had a "down year", especially after he saved baseball....

Go play in Japan, and be the next Randy Bass, IF YOU CAN!!!!!

C-Dawg
09-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Perhaps one of the reasons they were off to such a strong start early this season was due to all Sammy's time on the DL?

RichFitztightly
09-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Perhaps one of the reasons they were off to such a strong start early this season was due to all Sammy's time on the DL?

And possibly Raffie's Roids.

socko82
09-21-2005, 01:42 PM
And possibly Raffie's Roids.

And have you noticed how badly Tejada's numbers have fallen off from last year? He was mentioned in Canseco's book but seems to have gotten a pass. He got off to a great start but just didn't seem to have the strength to sustain it for 6 months this year. Hmmmmmm......