PDA

View Full Version : Hawk on the Score

cheeses_h_rice
09-21-2005, 10:11 AM
"Joe...Crede!"

MsSoxVixen22
09-21-2005, 10:40 AM
CRAP! I just turned it on? Are then done talking to Hawk? What did they say??

cheeses_h_rice
09-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Pretty light-hearted segment.

Hawk thinks the 3 playoff starters should be Burly, Garland and Garcia.

North thinks Ozzie has too much loyalty to the Sox players from his native Venezuela (Garcia, Marte).

That's about it.

chisoxfanatic
09-21-2005, 10:55 AM

North thinks Ozzie has too much loyalty to the Sox players from his native Venezuela (Garcia, Marte).

That's about it.

Yea, North said that when I was driving to work this morning at about 6:20.

As for the pitching rotation, ANY rotation without Contreras is just plain DUMB!!!

Taz
09-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Yea, North said that when I was driving to work this morning at about 6:20.

As for the pitching rotation, ANY rotation without Contreras is just plain DUMB!!!

yep... he is too hot right now ...

Dick Allen
09-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Buerhle and Garcia need to start stepping things up and NOW.

PaulDrake
09-21-2005, 11:14 AM

Marte is from the Domincan Republic. They can't give him a spot in the radio booth can they?

chaerulez
09-21-2005, 12:29 PM

That's about it.

North is a moron, if anything Ozzie overreacted to Marte. If it was Paulie or Iguchi that was late, nothing would've happened to them.

santo=dorf
09-21-2005, 12:47 PM

:rolleyes:
Marte is from the Dominican Republic.

maurice
09-21-2005, 02:03 PM
I was flipping around the dial after the interview and heard North include Hernandez in the "too much loyalty because they're from Ozzie's country" group. Buy a map and a program, moron. Cuba is much closer to Florida than it is to Venezuela. I guess Jenks must be from Venezuela too.

Paulwny
09-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Has anyone heard this? Mentioned by the tribe radio announcer(?) ?

~ Guillen had a talk with Marte about his being late. Marte took offense to this and said his neck was sore, Guillen called him a liar, and Marte was sent packing.

Marte called Guillen and asked if he could return. Guillen told him to apologize to the team and then he'd have the players vote on Marte's return to the team.

The announcer never mention where or from whom he received this info.

cleanwsox
09-21-2005, 02:16 PM
"Hawk thinks the 3 playoff starters should be Burly, Garland and Garcia."

I know the manager picks the rotation, but this is exactly why Hawk made a horrible GM.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2005, 02:38 PM
That material on the Marte/Ozzie shouting match was published in the Chicago papers last week.

Lip

dickallen15
09-21-2005, 02:41 PM
I was flipping around the dial after the interview and heard North include Hernandez in the "too much loyalty because they're from Ozzie's country" group. Buy a map and a program, moron. Cuba is much closer to Florida than it is to Venezuela. I guess Jenks must be from Venezuela too.

I don't think North meant Ozzie's country. I'm pretty sure he means all Latin players.

Paulwny
09-21-2005, 02:46 PM
That material on the Marte/Ozzie shouting match was published in the Chicago papers last week.

Lip

Damn, I'll have to read slower, I missed any mention of the players voting.:redface:

flo-B-flo
09-21-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't think North meant Ozzie's country. I'm pretty sure he means all Latin players. If he said "Ozzies' country" that would be Venezuela. I don't even try to speak or write what mr. wind is " meaning to say". Grouping all latinos' into "Ozzies' country" plays to his base of one dimensional, tunnel visioned, geographically challenged simpletons. Funny guy that wind machine.