PDA

View Full Version : ESPN NFL morning show says game was "Classic". Agree?

Hangar18
09-21-2005, 09:47 AM
The ESPN NFL morning show, with the way-too-wordy-takes-too-long-to-make-point Mike Greenberg and the walking NFL hangover Mike Golic today said
that last nites game was an instant ESPN CLassic game. They remarked on the fans, the lead changes and how exciting it was. Very cool that they talked about the game for a little while, and Greenberg noted how he lived here for a while, and how big this game was for the White Sox. I did agree with him. Classic yes or no?

cleanwsox
09-21-2005, 09:50 AM
I think a lot of it depends on whether or not the Sox can use this game as momentum and reel off 4 or 5 victories in a row to clinch the division. If they end up losing the division, this game doesn't mean a whole lot in the end.

Baby Fisk
09-21-2005, 09:50 AM
The ESPN NFL morning show, with the way-too-wordy-takes-too-long-to-make-point Mike Greenberg and the walking NFL hangover Mike Golic today said
that last nites game was an instant ESPN CLassic game. They remarked on the fans, the lead changes and how exciting it was. Very cool that they talked about the game for a little while, and Greenberg noted how he lived here for a while, and how big this game was for the White Sox. I did agree with him. Classic yes or no?
Absolute classic. The Sox (and people here) badly NEEDED this win. Lookit how much steam everyone is blowing off last night/this morning. The Sox going wild at home plate showed how important this game was to them. Pierzynski stomping Boone is one of the year's best images. The velocity of Crede's 2nd HR blew all the dark clouds back over Lake Michigan. I was sending deranged e-mails to people throughout the game because I couldn't sit still and watch. Hopefully, this is the game that turns it around again.

= CLASSIC! :bandance:

cheeses_h_rice
09-21-2005, 09:51 AM
If the Sox win the division by 1 or 2 games...CLASSIC.

Baby Fisk
09-21-2005, 09:52 AM
If the Sox win the division by 1 or 2 games...CLASSIC.
Thanks for that still shot cheeses. That's some fine lookin wallpaper. :thumbsup:

harwar
09-21-2005, 09:57 AM
A friend called late and told me that Karl Ravitch was "dancing as fast as i can" during baseball tonight to try and keep the focus on ortiz & ramirez and the red sox.
I guess he wasn't too happy that the WHITE SOX - indians series is stealing the show.

Kuzman
09-21-2005, 10:07 AM
i hit the rewind button on my tivo about 15 times after hawk and dj pointed out that he stepped on Boone!

and yes... INSTANT CLASSIC! I said that before the game was over.

kevingrt
09-21-2005, 10:33 AM
This should be an instant classic for all Sox fans and baseball fans in general. I'd love to see it on ESPN Classic this weekend or anytime. I'd record it on 100 VCR's and save all the video tapes and hand them out to White Sox fans. I also hope if it does go on ESPN Classic they use the ComCast feed, because everyone needs to hear "JOE CREDE" at the end of the game.

chisoxfanatic
09-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Without a doubt, this game is a classic and should be shown on ESPN Classic from time to time. It was the difference between a 3.5 or a 1.5 game lead, which is HUGE considering the amount of time left in this season.

Lip Man 1
09-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Thank the Lord for the miracle of video tape! :D:

Lip

Pulaski
09-21-2005, 02:00 PM
I was at the game so I didn't hear it, but I have been told that Hawks home run call (Crede # 2) was great. Anyone have the clip?

Kuzman
09-21-2005, 02:07 PM
I was at the game so I didn't hear it, but I have been told that Hawks home run call (Crede # 2) was great. Anyone have the clip?

go to mlb.com or whitesox.com theyre streaming it right now.

Baby Fisk
09-21-2005, 02:46 PM
go to mlb.com or whitesox.com theyre streaming it right now.Everyone needs to listen to Hawk's call of that HR. The emotion in his voice is unmistakeable. :bandance:

MarySwiss
09-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Everyone needs to listen to Hawk's call of that HR. The emotion in his voice is unmistakeable. :bandance:

Absolutely! DJ was shouting too. You can almost see them rocketing out of their seats!

LuvSox
09-21-2005, 03:21 PM

You haven't watched Sportscenter or ESPN news 100 times like I have today? :D:

I think Hawk had an orgasm :bandance:

HotelWhiteSox
09-21-2005, 03:34 PM
I've been to some wild games, with both bad and good results, but wow, never had an experience like last night. I'm sure the playoff games will turn out some more 'classics', but I'll vote yes for now. What we saw was the two best teams in the AL going at it, and though they have different strengths, I think they are very even overall! The atmosphere/electricity has easily been 'upped' throughout the year and I can't imagine what it'll be like in October.

Sxy Mofo
09-21-2005, 03:39 PM

I've only watched the crede home run about 6200 times today. People are probably walking by my office wondering i've got this huge grin on my face.

LuvSox
09-21-2005, 03:41 PM
I've only watched the crede home run about 6200 times today. People are probably walking by my office wondering i've got this huge grin on my face.

I hear ya Mofo, I'm on cloud 9 today. Man, I wish I was going tonight, last night was so much fun!!!!!!!!!

ode to veeck
09-21-2005, 03:43 PM
I Tivo'd the replay last night, too bad I'm not in Chicago to be able torecord it in HD

HotelWhiteSox
09-21-2005, 03:43 PM

I know right, today while getting ready for school, Mulligan and Hanley were playing variations of Hawk screaming 'Joe Crede!' as a nice remember to last night. I can't believe I'm still not over this, it almost felt like a playoff elimination type thing, can't wait for tonight's game to see if this carries over though

Huisj
09-21-2005, 04:41 PM
The velocity of Crede's 2nd HR blew all the dark clouds back over Lake Michigan.

But wait, Jason Stark said in his article that the homer landed halfway to Joliet. He sure does know his geography.

Sxy Mofo
09-21-2005, 05:25 PM
I hear ya Mofo, I'm on cloud 9 today. Man, I wish I was going tonight, last night was so much fun!!!!!!!!!

You guys are so lucky out there in the chicago area. The only games i've been to this year were the 3 out in denver. And while it was pretty cool to have been there in person to see frank's homerun at coors field, and seeing freddy retire 22 rockies in a row... and cliff polite take a full swing bunt and drive in runs... actually there was a lot of cool stuff that happened while they were out here... I wish I was out there for these.

Fuller_Schettman
09-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Absolutely! DJ was shouting too. You can almost see them rocketing out of their seats!
If you listen closely, you can hear DJ give a Brickhouse-esque "Hey, hey!" right as Hawk is saying "Way back!"

And later when Hawk says "JOE!!...CREDE!!" it is almost like he is ready to add something like "YOU GOOFY PIG ****ER!" or something. Just overwhelming...

Hokiesox
09-21-2005, 06:37 PM
I think a lot of it depends on whether or not the Sox can use this game as momentum and reel off 4 or 5 victories in a row to clinch the division. If they end up losing the division, this game doesn't mean a whole lot in the end.

Just to play devil's advocate/baseball purist:

Even if Cleveland wins, this game was a classic, as any division that goes down to the wire, and you have a back and forth game like that, it's a classic.

Though...I'm overjoyed the Sox won! GO SOX!:gulp: